Show Of Hands January 13th, 2013 12:00am

Should the government being doing more to try reduce obesity among the American population?

jonny323
01/14/13 9:03 pm

Hey Limbaugh, cool your jets.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
01/14/13 9:02 pm

Americans don't eat any of our exports. We export our exports and other people eat it.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/14/13 9:00 pm

Do push-ups you for making such of a ridiculous comment. LoL. SSG USA

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/14/13 8:57 pm

Libs need to learn how to take care of themselves, it's childish and selfish to think tax payers should pay your way, what the f@&$ has this country gone to. It has gone from independent honorable working class citizens to citizens that depend solely on government care.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/14/13 8:54 pm

Superheroqwim- so it's the race card you had to throw in, well if you are a minority I see why you follow an idiot like Obama, if you are not then you probably have no education so you depend on gov't parenting. By the sounds of your defense you still have mama wiping your a$$ for you.

montie AnCap and proud
01/14/13 8:52 pm

I voted yes but not on a basis of cracking down on school lunches or food. Government should encourage weight loss.

jonny323
01/14/13 8:49 pm

I ask you questions all the time and you refuse to answer them because you know your answer will only show how uneducated you are on the topic that you are blabbering on about.

josh1129
01/14/13 8:43 pm

Who the hell wrote that question??

Ferkans
01/14/13 8:42 pm

I think they do. But we won't like it.

iBakes California
01/14/13 8:08 pm

I apologize for having a life outside of this app. I never said I was in favor of the government banning any foods, did I? (Hint: the answer is no, I never said such a thing.) So why do I need to name a food the government should ban?

gs3rd
01/14/13 7:55 pm

Absolutely not. Don't freaking eat fat ass!

dreamitliveit IDLH
01/14/13 7:53 pm

Salli, yes, some people change their food & drink choices by reading the labels.

sunflower
01/14/13 7:50 pm

Yes, they should come cook all my meals!

trey98
01/14/13 7:45 pm

Ha u is funny , haha

SugarShaq
01/14/13 7:45 pm

Have all the other stats on juice boxes changed anything?

tdaddy Kentucky
01/14/13 7:43 pm

Readhp.. People that aren't part of the solution are part of the problem. :P

tdaddy Kentucky
01/14/13 7:41 pm

Readhp.. People that aren't a part of the solution are part of the problem.

tdaddy Kentucky
01/14/13 7:37 pm

Okay, I am being a tad facetious, but my point is that unless we prepare NOW for future problems with overpopulation we will all pay dearly in the future, and I'm not too concerned because I won't be around then -- I'm already too old, but if you will be then seriously choose your leaders wisely.

readhp1008 Hogwarts
01/14/13 7:35 pm

But is it different when you are killing yourself?

Steve6453 Michigan
01/14/13 7:35 pm

if your a fat ass it's your fault

readhp1008 Hogwarts
01/14/13 7:34 pm

Way to be a downer...

SGTHOOAH
01/14/13 7:34 pm

Since obesity has a larger impact on America then the impact from "lack of" gun control. We should focus on obesity and not gun control.

tdaddy Kentucky
01/14/13 7:32 pm

Society's only "out" will be to encourage their worst habits, and allow their addiction to too much unhealthy foods do them in and keep the population from getting too large. Continuous wars that wipe out hundreds of thousands at a time help too.

tdaddy Kentucky
01/14/13 7:29 pm

No. When the baby boomers that did not prepare for retirement get into their 70's, 80's, and 90's they are going to be a huge drain on society unless they are allow to choose euthanasia whenever they want to die, but since a god fearing nation is too fearful of their gods to let this happen...

nickzimmerman 53051
01/14/13 7:03 pm

It's not the governments fault that people are fat it's the persons fault

jbuty
01/14/13 6:48 pm

Grammar is a bigger problem

USA1st
01/14/13 6:34 pm

Guess what everyone! Tony Bacos is going to be on a radio show on Wednesday!!

susanr Colorado
01/14/13 6:20 pm

True. They also eat a lot of vegetables and relatively little meat. And not much sugar. But still, a LOT of rice & soy. I worked closely with a number of Asians for 22 years, ate with them, shopped with them. None ate a western diet except occasional pizza or KFC. Not a single one was overweight.

susanr Colorado
01/14/13 6:09 pm

...to be sold, we've started down a supremely stupid slippery slope. Not just because that kind of control is unAmerican, but mainly because there is NO WAY to do it sensibly, to please even the most agreeable folks, and really no way to enforce it. (Size X is not allowed? I'll have 3 size Y then.)

dreamitliveit IDLH
01/14/13 6:09 pm

Awwww thanks veritas <3

Aliggan China and Florida
01/14/13 6:09 pm

Why should someone else decide want you want. A more "full"filling (pun) short life would be preferable to some people. Not everyone is like you, nay-sayers, just some food for thought.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
01/14/13 6:09 pm

Sure it is. Just like highway control, air safety, and police.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
01/14/13 6:07 pm

...make smart choices. People underestimate the actual power of even just water. Drink more, see what happens. Or greens, eat more...see what happens. Go on a walk. Wall to the store. Do something godamnit.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
01/14/13 6:05 pm

When theres an epidemic and health care costs soar because you want to be a pig, then yes. As a whole nation, there is a problem and I don't see solutions from you other than letting the same ole go on and do nothing. Lets start with the disgusting number of GMOs. Educate on labels on produce....

susanr Colorado
01/14/13 6:05 pm

... with the exception of safety issues, like carcinogens, excess use of antibiotics (because that's becoming a *huge* public health issue), etc. But the minute it is decreed that high-fat desserts are illegal, or we all have to eat whole grains only, or that a size X sugary drink is too large...

penguins511
01/14/13 6:04 pm

Every time.

jess1cas Tallahassee, FL
01/14/13 6:01 pm

It's not the govt's place.

susanr Colorado
01/14/13 6:01 pm

Actually no, Ray, I'm more like a closet (little-c)communist. But I live pretty happily as a very liberal capitalist. I think the government could be doing some things *differently,* along the lines dreamit mentions, but I definitely don't think they should try to *control* what people eat...

veritas1 Panda
01/14/13 5:57 pm

I hope those to whom this applies realize how silly they sound proclaiming to the world how putting another nutritional stat on juice boxes is actually the government taking over people's lives.

Seriously. You sound ridiculous.

RayX quit
01/14/13 5:56 pm

Susanr: maybe you are a closet conservative.

Seriously, I think there is a lot of common ground between the Left and Right and a lot of mischaracterizations from both sides of the other side. None of us want expensive, wasteful, ignorant government controlling our lives and making us fat.

veritas1 Panda
01/14/13 5:55 pm

@dreamit. Thank you. It's comments like yours that are the reason I use this app.

ThePhlegm The Lone Star State
01/14/13 5:54 pm

I voted yes because I think the government could be doing a lot better job with the economy. More money in people's pockets could mean a wider and hopefully more healthy diet. The poor buy crappy processed good because they are cheap! I ate Ramen noodles for about a year while poor. I wanted bananas

Rafic
01/14/13 5:53 pm

One of the main differences is that in Asian countries they do not eat much processed foods or foods with all the additives.

veritas1 Panda
01/14/13 5:47 pm

I didn't know doing more than nothing and controlling everything were the same.

Thank goodness we had you to clear that up for everyone.

leary Dulag Luft
01/14/13 5:45 pm

They are the non-spell checked Whigs. My prediction that the Rockerfeller repubs have finally killed the party.

veritas1 Panda
01/14/13 5:44 pm

Stop subsidizing unhealthy sugars and oils.

Other than that, hell no.
It's people's jobs to be responsible for their own diet and exercise. If you eat fast food and have a sedentary lifestyle, you're life's gonna suck. That's not the government's fault or problem.

susanr Colorado
01/14/13 5:42 pm

Have you noticed that Asians who eat a LOT of rice and soy tend to be pretty thin? Until they adopt a western diet.

satiricalnick meh
01/14/13 5:40 pm

Tony, we should definitely being doing more.