Show Of Hands November 17th, 2012 12:00am

California has begun implementing a "cap and trade" environmental protection program, in which companies purchase credits for their greenhouse gas emissions. Good plan?

RJ1969 SoCal
11/17/12 10:48 pm

Of only CA could get their sht together. like AZ. and NM. And Idaho. and Kansas. And nebraska. and Louisiana and Arkansas. and New Mexico. and Kentucky. and west virginia. and mississippi. and Alabama. and south dakota. and Tennessee. and Kentucky. and..........

chemist2016
11/17/12 10:48 pm

You have to be extreme to make a point

RJ1969 SoCal
11/17/12 10:42 pm

sail....you get a <facepalm> times 1000000!

RJ1969 SoCal
11/17/12 10:40 pm

yeah, so ****ed up. so miserable. so terrible. just a land of the lost waste land.

RJ1969 SoCal
11/17/12 10:39 pm

yeah! great point! go with the extreme slippery slope approach to make your case.

KELLEVRA California
11/17/12 10:37 pm

Is it ok? What are ya smoking? This will ruin California as we know it and its already fucked up!!!!

SugarShaq
11/17/12 10:31 pm

Isn't chevron owned by communist Venezuela and Chavez.

KillShot Wisconsin
11/17/12 10:30 pm

So It is okay to pollute as long as you pay for it? I think the intent of this act has backfired.

SugarShaq
11/17/12 10:26 pm

RJ. It's all those illegals and entitlements that have been bankrupting CA for years. Nice try on attempting to blame red states. Those same red states were blue not that long ago

SugarShaq
11/17/12 10:22 pm

Ahhh...you admit humanity is only a few thousand years old. Not the millions evolutionists believe.

danno9
11/17/12 10:11 pm

OK RJ you are right. Next year you can rise your sales tax to 20% and use that extra cash to repair the environment. I know that is going to be difficult with all those illegals you're supporting and those entitlement programs that are bankrupting your state.

danno9
11/17/12 10:05 pm

Keep your money Veritas. You're going to need it for Obamacare. The town in which I live is run by democrats and they are morons. Look up Rio Nuevo and you will see democrats who acted like they were living in CA. Criminal misuse of funds while neglecting deteriorated infrastructure.

RJ1969 SoCal
11/17/12 10:03 pm

1% power left

dinosaurs farted. bad! so continue to pollute. they lived for hundreds of millions of years. Humanity is only a few thousand years old. very equivalent.

RJ1969 SoCal
11/17/12 10:01 pm

....because, CA is all about removing private property rights.

and we have so few ultra wealthy people here. just a couple of them.

danno9
11/17/12 9:59 pm

You don't need to educate me on California. I was born and raised there. Businesses and people are moving out of CA. CA has a very high rte of poverty now. The legislature has been democrat or years. Top it all off with electing Pelosi over and over. Stupid state sliding downhill rapidly.

indep12
11/17/12 9:51 pm

This'll be funny. California....leading the way to socialism.

RJ1969 SoCal
11/17/12 9:45 pm

it's amazing what having 35 million people can do to your ideology.

chemist2016
11/17/12 9:41 pm

So just because volcanoes give of co2 that means we should to. This is why we should keep the GOP out of office

RJ1969 SoCal
11/17/12 9:40 pm

volcanic ash cools way more than the CO2 warms.

It's called science. try embracing it some time.

veritas1 Panda
11/17/12 9:35 pm

1. That is completely unsubstantiated. Source.
2. One world war kills more people than all murders in society. Therefore, murder should be legal and we should not try to prevent it. Your logic, not mine. It's logically inconsistent to hold that view and not also see murder punishments as wrong.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/17/12 9:35 pm

fourwinds I think you have a valid point, including the post I found above about the dinosaurs' extinction. The thing about fires is not just the immediate release of carbon, but also the loss of the forest as a carbon sink for years. The studies are not definitive, but it can't be a good thing.

chemist2016
11/17/12 9:34 pm

@ boxerbuddy um because they have a GDP of 1.9 trillion witch is over 10% of America's GDP do your homework before you watch tv please

veritas1 Panda
11/17/12 9:33 pm

@Also, remember the 47% chants? Turns out of the ten states that have the highest number if these 47%-ers, 8 voted for Romney. Florida and Nevada were the other two, both of which went Bush over Kerry.

They are hypocrites. Plain and simple.

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
11/17/12 9:29 pm

1 volcanic eruption give off more CO2 than humanity has since the industrial revolution. This is stupid and is only ganna hurt industry and jobs. But that is apparently what liberals want.

EarlyBird Portland
11/17/12 9:20 pm

When you put it that way, it's a real eye opener! I knew the south had problems but never would have thought it about Az or Ne.
That fact alone should make the conservatives think before they speak.

ThePhlegm The Lone Star State
11/17/12 9:18 pm

California has twice as many people as the next state, you should be first in job creation by a large margin....

boxerbuddy
11/17/12 9:18 pm

California is broke and is now #1 in poverty. How in the world do you figure any wealth comes from this nutty state?

davidwhite1 Building it Bigger
11/17/12 9:17 pm

Great RJ: 8th largest economy of scale! Maybe you can go join Greece, as economy of scale goes your pretty close!
Oh ya as well as the state of improverishment, your economy's of scale find themselves.

dadstad Texas
11/17/12 9:12 pm

One of these days we'll be saying remember when California was the largest manufacturing area in the country - ad i recall it is now. I remember and benefited from their model schools. Those are no more.

veritas1 Panda
11/17/12 9:10 pm

@EarlyBird. Yes, both Nebraska and AZ are. In fact, the vast majority of Republican states are. That is not a political opinion. That is a fact (19 of the 25 worst voted for Romney, 22 voted for Bush over Kerry).

dadstad Texas
11/17/12 9:09 pm

I left my home in Redondo Beach 30 years ago. It's really sad to see what's become of the once great state.

chemist2016
11/17/12 9:08 pm

U conservatives have no clue how much of America's wealth and power comes from these liberal states you mock

mickeythemac
11/17/12 9:06 pm

Every person who has a religious stance believe the world will end by the coming of "their" Christ. NOT by self destruction. NOTHING last forever. INCLUDING the world. Christ will return before this place goes to hell. Don't be so naive, sir.

EarlyBird Portland
11/17/12 9:05 pm

Veritas - you said the same thing about AZ?

EarlyBird Portland
11/17/12 9:01 pm

Az is a drag? Wow, I didn't know that.

SugarShaq
11/17/12 8:54 pm

Wasn't CA red before the recession. Yes, I think so.

Liberty 4,032,064
11/17/12 8:51 pm

It's not like anybody makes money off the indulgences. They go straight to Global Warming...we promise ;)

11/17/12 8:49 pm

It's barely a plan, but I suppose it's barely a beginning.

Liberty 4,032,064
11/17/12 8:48 pm

You guys are blaspheming against Global Warming! It's real, I tell ya!

roybiker12
11/17/12 8:47 pm

California has a glorious past & an ignominious future. It is sad, really, what they have done to themselves.

HolyBabble Mississippi
11/17/12 8:46 pm

The only science you need to know is ... God said let there be light.

roybiker12
11/17/12 8:45 pm

No one in California's legislature could run a lemonade stand..but they know how to tax & regulate them out of existence.

roybiker12
11/17/12 8:44 pm

California is approaching using 9% of their budget just to pay interest on their ever increasing debt, and that is before their multi-billion bullet train to nowhere & this stupid scheme.

HolyBabble Mississippi
11/17/12 8:43 pm

Climate change is a myth, Evolution is is a myth, the Earth is flat, gravity is a myth.

I'm a Republican... and I hate Science.

Schools push a liberal agenda because the believe in science.

RJ1969 SoCal
11/17/12 8:39 pm

I'm out of power. It's not because I've been using my iPad....it's that damn CA gov with those oppressive regulations! I've used up my iPad power allotment for the night and because of our communist gov, I have to shut it off before the troops come in and arrest me.

remember...dinosaurs farted.

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
11/17/12 8:38 pm

Revolution to today. Liberals dont accept science. Nothing proves global warming, nothing proves evolution, and somehow life isnt live to you unless it breathes air? Yeah, now who doesnt accept science!

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
11/17/12 8:37 pm

Theres science and there is al gore based bull s*** there is stuff proving global warming isnt real and that every living organism gives off CO2. Are you ganna tax me, my pet, and family for breathing? Did you know one volcanic eruption gives off more CO2 than humanity has from the industrial

RJ1969 SoCal
11/17/12 8:35 pm

you, and you buddy from nebraska, combined, do not have 1/5 the number of military bases we have here.

where's the epicenter of the media might on this planet again? where's the banking power in this country at again?

I love listening to the little dogs yapping. yap. yap. yap.

MrMilkdud
11/17/12 8:34 pm

RJ, I see you're taking a quantity over quality approach. In that case I have more bacteria living in my colon then you have people living in your state.

California would be better off if it declared my ass King.

RJ1969 SoCal
11/17/12 8:30 pm

great idea nebraska, great idea. should work out great. it's amazing that all our intellectual elites haven't come to the same conclusion as some schmuck from BFEgypt.