Show Of Hands November 4th, 2012 12:00am

Have you prayed about the upcoming election? (UQ)

andrewv SC
11/04/12 10:09 pm

No. Religion is pretty silly as a whole IMO, but to think that a supreme being could influence the election is laughable

fuknhaus California
11/04/12 10:07 pm

ahahahaha, what a dumbass question. to bad there are really people that have actually done it.

lovingana
11/04/12 10:02 pm

Yes I have.
I have read some of the comments below and all I have to say is please be respectful to us believers of God. If you want people to respect what you believe, respect what they believe even if you don't agree.

kellyw The Mississippi Delta
11/04/12 10:01 pm

If you can find me an example, ANYWHERE, of a scientific example where prayer changed ANY outcome, I will gladly restart my nightly prayer rituals. When you can't, I hope you'll be less condescending towards those who don't see any reason to tilt at windmills.

IamBraxton Tennessee
11/04/12 9:52 pm

I have 2 points...
1: God loves everybody
2: We should pray about everything
that we do and everything that
goes on in our lives

asia
11/04/12 9:46 pm

You are an atheist and you have a church?

asia
11/04/12 9:45 pm

I am a Christian, already voted for Obama, and find your comment darkly humorous.

praetorianus65
11/04/12 9:38 pm

But of course there may not be a right or wrong here in an absolute sense. Neither candidate is a saint - or a demon. It's not as if Stalin ran.

satiricalnick meh
11/04/12 9:37 pm

You obviously dont understand satire iceprince.

praetorianus65
11/04/12 9:36 pm

Another argument against praying for an outcome of an election : most Christians think God gave us free will to do good, evil, and anything in between. Influencing the outcome would rob us of a free will decision. Instead, just pray that you make the *right* decision.

brianparks69 charlotte
11/04/12 9:35 pm

Any god that would involve herself in election politics is as dirty and unworthy of respect as could be. If I were religious I would prefer my god to be above supporting liars and thieves in their quests for power, but that's just me. Good luck if u don't agree.

JanuaryLove
11/04/12 9:32 pm

@jabinase - You were lucky. He cost me our livelihood.

GoldenRay On SSBB
11/04/12 9:22 pm

God loves everyone. Stop criticizing religion because it's obvious you know nothing about it.

11/04/12 9:16 pm

"Hey God, have you, uh, maybe noticed Africa for awhile?"

"Calm down Jesus, I'm watching the American election."

satiricalnick meh
11/04/12 9:16 pm

Average republican:

God loves romney not obama! Plus obama was born in kenya so that means god loves romney x10 because god no love rest of world. Praise god and jebus.

Catman62
11/04/12 9:14 pm

I pray I don't lose the will to live before Tuesday night. If I see too many more negative attack ads, I just might....

11/04/12 9:14 pm

Every Christian republican should stay home and pray Romney wins instead of voting ;)

Or just write in "Jesus"

AnnieM The Island
11/04/12 9:09 pm

I agree & often use a similar "plane crash" analogy to explain my view too. If a plane goes down, I don't think it was God willing it that made it go down or God wanting a specific person on the plane for his "army in heaven". It's just a sad & tragic occurrence. God had nothing to do with it.

AnnieM The Island
11/04/12 9:09 pm

AnnieM The Island
11/04/12 9:09 pm

Gunfighter
11/04/12 9:05 pm

No. I'm a believer but I'm pretty sure God doesn't care about politics

BrandonE
11/04/12 9:03 pm

Because men of the past have used the name of religion to push forth their agenda does not make religion dangerous...only the man who would utilize it for his furtherance. Persons with true religion don't pose a danger, only face it from those that wish to oppress because of unbelief.

bb1884
11/04/12 8:55 pm

I pray and I understand God will be glorified most through whichever candidate wins. I have my opinions but I am thankful that God knows what is best for us and intercedes, even when we don't realize it, so that we don't screw everything up.

bb1884
11/04/12 8:52 pm

Don't we all need a good leader?

munkey? SilentMunkey
11/04/12 8:52 pm

The pro-prayer study you are talking about was rigged. Everyone knew they were being prayed for and they all believed in gods.

munkey? SilentMunkey
11/04/12 8:50 pm

I don't pray. It is a waste of time.

Do, don't pray. More will get done.

bb1884
11/04/12 8:49 pm

On the contrary. There have been many studies that show patience are more likely to heal faster or at all when prayed for.

Comet? Tennessee
11/04/12 8:48 pm

Oh yes I pray! I know many commenters in the poll never pray for anyone.

Interest to see Democrat is more than Republic refuse to pray. What a sad & hard heart.

jbn04110
11/04/12 8:47 pm

The one who waffles more than Eggo. I got a million o' these.

jbn04110
11/04/12 8:45 pm

The one who flip flops more than footwear in summer time.

jbn04110
11/04/12 8:44 pm

There's no way I'd pray for this election. I would pray for my family, my friends, and the people who actually need it (IMO). I'm WISHING people won't be stupid enough to vote for the idiot (you know, the guy who lies more than a rug).

stageman99 State of Jefferson.
11/04/12 8:42 pm

Other than saying "Please god, not Romney". Does that count?

kRaZyXmAn Voluntaryist
11/04/12 8:40 pm

I've prayed people will wake up and stop voting for criminals (Obama/Romney)

bb1884
11/04/12 8:36 pm

What will be will be

Rio76 Wild West
11/04/12 8:36 pm

I think democrats are afraid to pray about the election, or they might have to change their vote. I think if God has mercy on us, Romney will be our next president.

EarlyBird Portland
11/04/12 8:35 pm

Why bother? God never listens to me.

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
11/04/12 8:31 pm

Other than "God help us if either of these two top turds wins the elections", no.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
11/04/12 8:28 pm

@SD70MAC Noooo! A SPECIFIC blend. Not just any two fabrics. An atrocious issue in translation that caused a stumbling block for you. An example of where over simplification causes loss of important details.

praetorianus65
11/04/12 8:28 pm

Jesus was probably apolitical. He didn't call for a rebellion against Roman oppression which disappointed many. He said to give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and basically obey the law. He also said treat your slaves well but didn't speak against slavery as such.

yepnope Maryland
11/04/12 8:27 pm

Sorry I don't mean to offend you. I only want to challenge your beliefs, because I think that the fewer people with similar beliefs to yours the less pain and suffering humanity will have to endure. Science and logic should guide our decisions, not blind faith. History shows religion's danger.

commonsense America isnt racist
11/04/12 8:25 pm

My church prayed for the election as a group. It was cool. Not for any specific candidate. As an atheist I do believe in it yet, but it was nice.

BriD Illinois
11/04/12 8:25 pm

Pray? Seriously?!

ryno Flyover Country
11/04/12 8:22 pm

I would say Jesus was more of a radical. Modern liberals look for the government for help an guidance. Jesus looked to God, which is radical even for today.

praetorianus65
11/04/12 8:21 pm

If God exists, I doubt he's partisan or even answers personal prayers. I often use a disaster as example : if a plane goes down most people in that plane will pray - but if some survive and who is haphazard - it's not always the strongest believers that make it.

ishady 86451132020
11/04/12 8:18 pm

Because everyone has trouble living sometimes but not everyone snaps and starts preying to a deity.