Show Of Hands November 4th, 2012 12:00am

Have you prayed about the upcoming election? (UQ)

moonshot More often I know nothing
11/05/12 8:48 am

Prayer has been scientifically proven to not work. Look it up. It doesn't do a darn thing except make the person doing the praying feel better.

thehopedivision Atlanta
11/05/12 8:33 am

Everyone has every right to disrespect, hate and talk down on religion for the same reasons we shun every other tyrant that has ever existed. THE SHITS GOT TO GO BEFORE WE CAN EVER KNOW PEACE. PERIOD.

yepnope Maryland
11/05/12 8:30 am

I know, you're right. It's a miracle that despite the crushing oppression of Christianity in this country that all of our elected presidents are/were Christians. It was always the nice christian boys who were bullied in school, definitely not the atheists. Atheists have it sooo good in America!!!

jbn04110
11/05/12 8:17 am

Gotta love how it's the atheists against the Christians. There are other religions that believe in God besides Christians and others who don't believe in God besides atheists. I'm Jewish and I don't EVER push my beliefs on anyone. You know what they say about assuming things...

BadWolf The Library
11/05/12 8:04 am

You guys, come on now. Christianity is the victim here. They're always so persecuted. They can't hate and persecute others because the corrupt government won't let them. It's so unfair.

BadWolf The Library
11/05/12 8:02 am

Please do share the evidence.

BadWolf The Library
11/05/12 8:01 am

@illusiv your statement only suggests that there is the possibility of a creature in space, not necessarily a god and definitely not your specific god. There are infinite possibilities of what could be out there. Yours is intensely unlikely.

alymarie
11/05/12 7:47 am

"The rights of our citizens", that won't be Romney.

alymarie
11/05/12 7:46 am

Prayer: how to do nothing and still think you're helping.

BrandonE
11/05/12 7:26 am

I can certainly understand, although I don't necessarily agree with, the reasoning behind others simply ignoring the "fight."

BrandonE
11/05/12 7:24 am

Back to demeaning are we Yep? That's the reason that there's relatively no discussion with the non-believers on this forum. I attempted a rational discussion with you yesterday but only received sarcasm and empty rhetoric based on non-belief. Now, I'm one of the more outspoken people around, but

BrandonE
11/05/12 7:19 am

He's talking about anyone that doesn't have the exact same mindset as himself. That's why everyone just ignores him for the most part.

mama3
11/05/12 7:16 am

Pray? No. Outreach, actually voting, being informed...that works better for these types of things. (I do believe in prayer but something tells me God has his hands tied with bigger things)

dreamitliveit IDLH
11/05/12 7:16 am

Ice prince, I beg to differ.

Tpallidum Los Angeles, CA
11/05/12 7:14 am

2 hands at work accomplish more than 1 million clasped in prayer.

GoldenRay On SSBB
11/05/12 7:12 am

Ignorant atheists know nothing of religion. I though I had made this quite clear in my past comments. No one prays to change the outcome of anything.

Tpallidum Los Angeles, CA
11/05/12 7:12 am

Its cute how christians think they're a prosecuted minority.

GoldenRay On SSBB
11/05/12 7:09 am

Relax, no one is trying to bring religion into your government.

BrandonE
11/05/12 7:00 am

Woke up on the childish side of the bed this morning did we?

yepnope Maryland
11/05/12 7:00 am

It's boring because nobody can argue with them. Rational thought is required to argue hence only atheists are speaking here. I wouldn't mind the religious if they didn't try to inject their irrational views into my government's laws and policies.

kytoaltoky
11/05/12 6:59 am

Oh...In Jesus' Sweet, Sweet Name, we pray,
Amen

kytoaltoky
11/05/12 6:58 am

Heavenly Father,
We ask your blessings upon this election, O Lord. That whoever wins, it will be to your glory, Father God. And Lord, I just want to express my greatfulness, Heavenly Father, that your Will, (Abba, Daddy, King of Kings), will always be done; and that it so often resembles my own--

MrLove lovers, dreamers and me
11/05/12 6:57 am

Maybe if you believers didn't have such a violent history of murdering and torturing nonbelievers...

BrandonE
11/05/12 6:54 am

Not my job to "convert", just to share hope where so many choose to oppress it.

yepnope Maryland
11/05/12 6:54 am

Poor kids, make sure they wake up scared every morning that if they don't live life in irrational ways then they will suffer the worst pain for eternity. Just make sure the kids are nice and brainwashed and scared. Fear is a huge part of it; make them too scared to even think.

corvus
11/05/12 6:53 am

I already know that I am in Gods hands and the person who gets to hold office doesn't matter. God is my sole protector and created.

MrLove lovers, dreamers and me
11/05/12 6:51 am

Haha, nope, I haven't prayed about the election or anything for that matter. Even when my two year old was in surgery last week it never crossed my mind to pray about it. He's fine now btw.

yepnope Maryland
11/05/12 6:50 am

Yes because maybe if we put another republican in office we can start another illegitimate war and kill thousands and thousands of innocent women and children. Maybe we will finally achieve the status of Great Depression with another republican. Lets make gays/minorities more fearful/obedient to us!

pietsch Another Adoring Fan
11/05/12 6:44 am

Wonder what makes a seemingly large number of atheists in such a perpetual pissy mood? Sooooooo BORING!!

yepnope Maryland
11/05/12 6:39 am

Fairness, it's unfair to use logic when talking to theists, they can't possibly win an argument.

yepnope Maryland
11/05/12 6:37 am

Ok deal, but only if you believers promise not to inject any of your religion into another bill or law that effects us nonbelievers in any way. You must keep your religion away from politics and we will respect your beliefs.

GoldenRay On SSBB
11/05/12 6:25 am

Praying is scientifically proven to be healthy..it gives peace of mind.

christine1986
11/05/12 6:25 am

Well, the universe is pretty big... But no, your right. Lol.

yepnope Maryland
11/05/12 6:25 am

The only god republicans emulate is the god of war.

snuffulufugus Missouri
11/05/12 6:23 am

God doesn't care about the direction of 400 million people

christine1986
11/05/12 6:23 am

Christians like to show their faith to others. So atheists are supposed to hide in the shadows?

RedneckDriggers Confederacy
11/05/12 6:22 am

If your a Cristian your Republican because Democrats are un godly

christine1986
11/05/12 6:22 am

If there is a god I would like to think he has enter things to do then worry about our election cycle.

11/05/12 6:13 am

I pray for a Godly leader that will take us into better times

dreamitliveit IDLH
11/05/12 6:06 am

Brandon, hate to break it to you, but you aren't gonna gain any converts on a smartphone app. It was a valiant effort, so you can congratulate yourself for that.

dreamitliveit IDLH
11/05/12 6:03 am

Let's all go out in real life and let everyone know we're atheists!

dreamitliveit IDLH
11/05/12 6:02 am

Kay41, what makes god so different from Santa and the Easter bunny? They're all fake. Sure, that line of reasoning is used a lot, and maybe you're tired of it. But that doesn't make it any less true.

BrandonE
11/05/12 5:59 am

Prayer isn't for you to ask & receive...the fact that it is referred to as such so often goes to the ignorance of those commenting.

spudman Ohio
11/05/12 5:59 am

Yup! "God, get the hell out of my government. Amen."

cawench
11/05/12 5:55 am

Lol earlybird, my sentiments exactly!