Show Of Hands May 25th, 2012 12:00am

On economic issues, are you more liberal or conservative?

05/25/12 4:15 pm

@timeout no their not.

timeout Boston Strong
05/25/12 4:12 pm

The rich are getting richer, the middle class are getting poor, and the poor are just forgotten. There is one party that only addresses the first. Make your vote count this November.

MGLC New Mexico
05/25/12 4:08 pm

@mr

Lol most conservatives are incompetent. I agree there. But so are democrats. Constitution party FTW.

mrmc2
05/25/12 3:55 pm

@16k I don't think the Government sucks. Could they do they better? What organization cant improve. I just get a kick out of that nebulous "Big Government" crap the right spews. Repubs are far worse fiscally then dems; look it up.

spindrift take the red pill
05/25/12 3:45 pm

Why won't anyone vote for Paul? I really doubt my choice between Obama and Romney will make much of a difference in 4 years.

ntvtxn62
05/25/12 3:42 pm

You have to spend $$ to make$$- but it should be the private sector spending the $$- NOT the gov't. when the gov't spends $$ it's the taxpayers $$ being spent on a hit or miss dream. When it's the private sector it private $$. One risks taxpayer $$- the other their own.

spindrift take the red pill
05/25/12 3:41 pm

I keep waiting for someone to say fresh1's numbers somehow show the government should be spending more

Fresh1
05/25/12 3:27 pm

USA's BUDGET (minus 8 zeros)
Annual family income $ 22,469
Money the family spent $ 35,755
New debt on credit card per year $ 13,286
Existing balance on credit card $ 157,080

Fresh1
05/25/12 3:27 pm

Romney planned budget cut per year starting in 2016 MAYBE, in his best-case scenario $ 5,000
Obama's deficit reduction plan, per year $ 3,600
Interest on national debt paid in 2011 $ 4,544
(sources USdebtclock/treasurydirect/Romney website/Obama's budget proposal)

mrken
05/25/12 3:14 pm

Readybbm, way to go back 30-40 years to compare. Um yeah, we're kinda dealing with a completely different situation, decade, oh and century!

redebbm 91709
05/25/12 3:07 pm

Well it's good we have two candidates that are economically conservative. Put it in context because Fox won't tell you how much more liberal the Republicans Reagan, Nixon, Eisenhower were than the democrat Barack Obama on economics.

spindrift take the red pill
05/25/12 2:51 pm

It wasn't an argument, I was commenting on your rant.

acamus27
05/25/12 2:50 pm

I'm against hipsters but I guess I can tolerate them.

SHTOOKAH Illinois
05/25/12 2:49 pm

Terrific reply LesbianHam.
You've already convinced how wrong I was in the first place with that brilliant rebuttal.

SHTOOKAH Illinois
05/25/12 2:48 pm

But when you run to your quotes and slogans of the greatest preachers of the supposed infallible market place, just know the question presented for this poll isn't exactly one sided.

05/25/12 2:47 pm

Im more conservative about social issues since im against legalizing gay marriage but tolerate gay people. But economic wise, im very liberal.

05/25/12 2:46 pm

Lol im such a hipster.

SHTOOKAH Illinois
05/25/12 2:45 pm

Matter of principal.
Taxes are the lowest they've been in 50 years.
Poverty levels at a 50 year high.
Wealth inequality today resembles that of the 1920's.
Wages have been stagnant since the 70's.

Perhaps being fiscally liberal isn't as idiotic of a position as you all make it out to be.

spindrift take the red pill
05/25/12 2:44 pm

@mrken Agreed, the US has painted itself into a corner where nothing helpful will make it past congress.

SHTOOKAH Illinois
05/25/12 2:42 pm

Of course I can detect your angry replies already.. "WELL DUR HURRR WE GOTZ NO MONEY LEFT CAUSE OF DEH GOSH DARN DEFICENT N DAT SOCAILIST PRESIDANTT ajbhdksk".

mrken
05/25/12 2:39 pm

Lesbian, totally agreed, but with spineless politician and whinny electorates it just becomes near impossible. I say if the liberals want to raise taxes, FINE, let's raise the sh!t out taxes and finally include "poor people." This might actually teach people about gov and waste!!!

SHTOOKAH Illinois
05/25/12 2:38 pm

Im a bit confused that in the richest country in the world so many people are butthurt by slightest suggestion of being fiscally liberal. Safety nets, minimum standards of living established by the public to me aren't awful ideas at all..

spindrift take the red pill
05/25/12 2:36 pm

@mrken. We have to cut spending. If we increase revenue all washington will do is increase spending to match.

05/25/12 2:34 pm

Tony you are a worthless piece of shit.

mrken
05/25/12 2:30 pm

Tony, u obviously have not explored much outside the US. If u had, u would actually appreciate what u have in America u ungrateful...

mrken
05/25/12 2:27 pm

Lesbian, I say increase tax (say 4%) on everyone, including poor, OR lower taxes and tell liberals to stop bitching!!

spindrift take the red pill
05/25/12 2:23 pm

You have to be conservative when the 52% of Americans that don't pay taxes are voting for a living.

tony2k79 Victorville
05/25/12 2:10 pm

The 1% has done a great job of marketing the American dream. Behold the results of our oligarchy.

Roughashlr
05/25/12 2:06 pm

@theskeptic... Took the words right out of my mouth. These 2 polls tell you all you need to know about this country and the political class: THEY ARE ALL CROOKS!

mmjman Emerald Valley
05/25/12 2:00 pm

People who have been convicted and ran that is. Not to mention all the private investigation firms, he'll
Even cell phone companies cell
People's text messages and Gps locations to the police, no questions asked.

mmjman Emerald Valley
05/25/12 1:57 pm

Are you saying the judicial system isn't an industry? Cause that's incredibly
Naive. There are companies making billions off our judicial system. Not ony are there numerous private prisons, in many parts of the country they hire private companies to track down, arrest, and haul people to jail

MGLC New Mexico
05/25/12 1:45 pm

@Mr

My point was we think government sucks, privatize it. CP cannot be privatized something like HC can't, hence it's not hypocritical.

@H50: no need to congratulate competence

@ronpaulgal: agreed

UCLASucks
05/25/12 1:20 pm

Economic issues are 1,000 times more important when running a country.

TheSkeptic Indiana
05/25/12 1:10 pm

The two liberal/conservative polls together suggest that we should be a libertarian nation.

TheSkeptic Indiana
05/25/12 1:10 pm

Fresh1
05/25/12 12:53 pm

USA's BUDGET (minus 8 zeros)
Annual family income $ 22,469
Money the family spent $ 35,755
New debt on credit card per year $ 13,286
Existing balance on credit card $ 157,080

Fresh1
05/25/12 12:53 pm

Obama's deficit reduction plan, per year $ 3,600
Interest on national debt paid in 2011 $ 4,544
(sources USdebtclock/treasurydirect/Romney website/Obama's budget proposal)

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
05/25/12 12:41 pm

Economically, I'll say liberal, but I may be conservative, I'm not really sure. Whatever is morally correct, and yields the best economic yield, I'm all for it. That may mean a conservative investment, it may mean betting the house, it depends on the situation.

mrmc2
05/25/12 12:36 pm

@16k Swing and a miss. Who said anything about privatizing CP or HC? I was giving examples of the hipocrisy on the right.

MGLC New Mexico