Show Of Hands June 12th, 2012 12:00am

Should we send troops into Syria as part of a United Nations effort?

06/17/12 5:10 am

And we should NEVER allow our troops to serve under ANY non US military command. To allow an American soldier or sailor to be the pawn of any wannabee world governing entity is just plain wrong. They don't always have America's interest at heart.

06/17/12 4:40 am

It's easy for an idiot to say send in the troops, however not 1 American drop of blood is worth it to intervene in a civil war. Who the hell is the "opposition" anyway? Lest we forget the mujahideen and Soviet conflict. We helped create Al-Qaeda.

FakeSound Arizona
06/16/12 8:30 pm

@ODSVET
The U.S. spends more than any other country on the planet on defense. In fact, we spend MORE than the next 10 countries after us COMBINED. Trust me, we're far from "sticks and stones." We could cut our military spending in 1/4 and still easily be on top (which = LESS TAXES).

jagger
06/15/12 8:51 pm

beachst- the world respects obama its just here in our country the billionaires and a few poorly educated hicks that dont

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
06/15/12 5:06 pm

I live by the worlds largest navy base, the master jet base of the easy coast, and the shipbuilding docks; I can tell you, this isn't sticks and stones.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
06/15/12 5:04 pm

ODSVER: "Sticks and stones," really? Not advocating it, but if anything there has been an increased drone use. 1 million members doesn't sound like stick and stones to me.

jagger
06/15/12 2:28 pm

yes send troops as a single guy who prefers married women it makes it easier because I live near a military base

ODSVET
06/15/12 1:24 pm

Republicans=secrets kept, military strong, USA feared and respected, people willing to help us, people feel safe

Democrats=secrets do not exist, military down to sticks and rocks, USA is a joke, people giving us the bird when we want help, people do not feel safe(look at gun sales since 2008)

ODSVET
06/15/12 1:19 pm

The UN is the biggest joke out there and we ARE the worlds police force. And without the fear the the biggest strongest MF will protect people from being beaten up what is to deter people or countries. U know y other countries like Dems because they are whimp's and are afraid to release the hounds

ODSVET
06/15/12 1:13 pm

I was a solider and believe in doing the right thing but with this DUMB @ss POTUS in office and even a chance of retaining the office NO! He would probably negotiate with enemy by giving all troops weapons and supplies after we won he is that stupid

cowboy Doors of Perception
06/15/12 1:06 pm

Yeah... Let's arm more radical Muslims, like Obama and Hillary Clinton did in Egypt, and help them take over so they can start torturing their people... No thanks.

06/15/12 4:01 am

If you are happy Obama bombed Libya then you should be pro-US involvement in Syria.

bigbadbear
06/14/12 6:00 pm

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

NYevo NY
06/14/12 4:39 pm

If you are happy we went to Iraq, you should be pro-US involvement in Syria.

kaybird007 earth
06/14/12 12:24 pm

US needs to take a step back, there all up in everyones buisness!

Vincere Seattle
06/13/12 11:25 pm

I hate to see the horrible things going on in Syria, but the situation is more complicated than many realize (not good vs. evil). Probably best if we avoid direct military action on this one.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
06/13/12 9:33 pm

Whoops, sorry. Take away "standing", they are only called together for missions.

glorfindel
06/13/12 9:32 pm

The UN has WAY too much power already. It is an epic fail and must be dissolved before it gets us into World War 3!

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
06/13/12 9:28 pm

...countries in the SC. Ignorant? No. The UN should have actual power, then, maybe, you'd think it less obsolete.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
06/13/12 9:25 pm

@jd123: The UN already does have a standing "army" it just can't shoot! All I'm saying is give it the clearance to shoot. Also, let me clarify, the NATO forces would be split between where they are: NATO, and then under control of the Security Council. Then, increase the necessary vetoes to 2...

RJ1969 SoCal
06/13/12 9:06 pm

Hungary?! That's a country. That make no sense. My sentence is fine as it is.

ncbuc Get Over It
06/13/12 8:59 pm

Jd. I can agree to that. I think at one time as well as at its inception. It was a well meaning and basically good thing. But as is with most things it has become a joke of an organization with no clear purpose than to promote good feelings in their uninformed citizens.

And lmfao at RJ.To bed I go.

RJ1969 SoCal
06/13/12 8:30 pm

If you need confirmation, just ask my Antarctica.

RJ1969 SoCal
06/13/12 8:29 pm

Just Czech it out. There's Norway I made it up.

RJ1969 SoCal
06/13/12 8:26 pm

Iran and was in a russia to put turkey and chile on my good china because I was hungry.

mmjman Emerald Valley
06/13/12 8:24 pm

we will have agree to disagree about the the UN, tho I do agree the organization has been a failure in some regards I don't think is obsolete, and it has done some good, and I think can be improved upon. I do agree tho that we should not send military troops into Syria. We have enough to worry about

ncbuc Get Over It
06/13/12 8:06 pm

Time for our "allies" to step in. If for
No other reason. They are a little closer...

ncbuc Get Over It
06/13/12 8:04 pm

Again, can't be everyones hero. Yes, help in anyway we can. Send troops. Out of the question.

ncbuc Get Over It
06/13/12 8:00 pm

I don't care about NATO. I didn't bring it up.
the U.S. is assessed 22 percent of the UN’s regular budget & 27 percent of the UN’s peacekeeping operations budget.The U.S. pays the maximum rate & has negotiated several reductions in this rate over time, most notably from 25 percent to 22 percent.

06/13/12 7:59 pm

RPG, I like your style, sister.

mmjman Emerald Valley
06/13/12 7:56 pm

Again, there are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize the UN, and they have been ineffective in many ways. But i don't think you really understand how the UN works or it's role in global politics, and you seem to have confused some of there roles and powers with NATO.

ncbuc Get Over It
06/13/12 7:55 pm

United States 22.0%
Japan 19.5%
Germany 9.8%
France 6.5%
United Kingdom 5.5%

Top 5...not wikipedia.

ncbuc Get Over It
06/13/12 7:41 pm

Sorry Jd. Don't believe that a bit. Maybe in the "peacekeeping". Which is typically BS. Building churches and other nonsense. But, when it comes to life sacrificing and military strife. It is the US and in a secondary role UK who bear the brunt.

mmjman Emerald Valley
06/13/12 7:17 pm

Pay more than us in funding, and the majority of peacekeeping troops have come from Bangladesh.

mmjman Emerald Valley
06/13/12 7:17 pm

Not talking about you wearing a helmet nc lol. Some people beleive the U.N is going to invade America if we don't listen to there every whim. U.N. peacekeeping troops wear blue helmets, hence "blue helmet conspiracies". As for U.N contributions, proportionately per citizen both Germany and the UK

ncbuc Get Over It
06/13/12 7:13 pm

OH wait. VIR last year. Ride in a Shelby GT500. R.I.P. Carroll.

ncbuc Get Over It
06/13/12 7:11 pm

And i don't wear a helmet. Actually can't think of the last time I did.

ncbuc Get Over It
06/13/12 7:09 pm

Jd. Can you prove to me that anyone else contributes more to UN efforts? I would be glad to retract my statement to the contrary.

ncbuc Get Over It
06/13/12 7:03 pm

Don't feel bad. I used to think the UN was a good thing too. Being wrong is not a bad thing. Thinking the UN is a worthy entity is.

mmjman Emerald Valley
06/13/12 7:03 pm

Wtf? Tells us what to do with our money? There are plenty of fair reasons to criticize the U.N. But all the "there obsolete" and blue helmet conspiracy stuff is very ignorant. And
Combine the UN with NATO!?!? That's a horrible idea, the last thing the UN should have is a standing army.