Show Of Hands August 24th, 2011 12:00am

Do you think there is any chance that the 2012 apocalypse predictions might come true?

dabomb
09/06/11 8:54 pm

@kandykane That's exactly right

chinagal18
09/05/11 7:40 am

The world does not have a timer. It is predicted to last billions and billions of years more. No way, it will just end.

NiaRaeD Minnesota
09/04/11 4:43 pm

I think the ancient calendars are just going to repeat themselves.

09/02/11 8:01 am

How would the world even end in 2012? Like a zombie invasion, a disease, the whole earth just falling to their doom?

08/31/11 4:59 pm

There's always a chance...however small it may be it's still a chance...

08/31/11 12:57 am

Mayan cock lickers r going to rise from the dead and bite our penis's off

MSchmitty Kansas
08/30/11 5:28 pm

maybe the myans just ran out of room to make it longer :)

Red81Slaye California
08/29/11 4:24 pm

Is there a chance?... Yes. Is it likely?... No.

kandykane California
08/28/11 10:09 am

People have predicted the end of the world since Jesus left this earth. An guess what? We r all still here. It says in the bible only the Father knows.

AthenaH. Iowa
08/28/11 5:53 am

@pmb that's exactly what I was going to say. Yes, it's a possibilty, everything is, you just have to decide for yourself if it's likely.

08/28/11 5:44 am

I think there are 2 kinds the first is total where humans do not exists and partial where the governments of the world die off but mankind still exists and I think 2012 is not the point at witch it happens but the point of no return

c00kies California
08/27/11 10:48 pm

maybe not an apocalypse, but there will be weather shifts, and the change in temperature will cause more natural disasters

tcdlord California
08/27/11 9:21 pm

@Rearden:just bc some people wrote it down in a book 2000 years ago doesn't make it so. Homer wrote about how Achilles was invincible accept for his heel..does that make it true?No bc you can't take anything at face value. Face it, religion is a fraudulent practice created to brainwash the masses

08/27/11 2:53 pm

There's a chance the "2012" predictions could happen ANY day.

08/27/11 1:58 pm

I hope not but if they are oh well right?

Mike3 Michigan
08/27/11 1:16 pm

@TCDlord cuz Jesus actually did do it. Through Faith in God's power

shanaynay South Carolina
08/27/11 11:09 am

Why is all this based on the mayans??? I kno they were smart but so were Aztecs an Egyptians... There is as much chance of this happening a there is in the world ending in a hour

08/27/11 12:24 am

Same thing as crapture. It won't work.

08/26/11 10:21 pm

Nahh... That theory's pretty ridiculous.

08/26/11 10:11 pm

almost every decade someone says that the world is going to end, were still here

08/26/11 9:20 pm

Galactic alignment, shift in human consciousness...google it, inform yourself.

08/26/11 6:26 pm

Isn't it the Mayans who didn't complete the calendar or something?? Dec. 21, or is it the 12th of 2012

08/26/11 5:01 pm

No less likely than the bible being true; therefore likely BS.

Airsaber Georgia
08/26/11 2:48 pm

I challenge anyone to count from one to infinity, and when you get tired of counting, stop. 2012 is just when they stopped counting for whatever reason.

tcdlord California
08/26/11 10:26 am

Osiris was the Egyptian messiah..he healed the sick, rose from the dead, and all the same things JC did, yet he is simply put off as "a fake"..what makes Jesus' stories any more plausible than the Egyptians or Greeks or Eastern Indian?

tcdlord California
08/26/11 10:24 am

@Hands-down: I'm not denying his existence..I'm sure he's just as real as Moses, Caesar, or Tutankhamen for that matter..I just don't get why EVERYONE who ever did what he did, but before his life, is dismissed as a fake, but what he did was real.. Cont

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/26/11 9:50 am

@geob We Christians do not have a single mind. Nor do we think alike. I know of no goal to confuse others. I strongly support gay rights. I simple ally believe that Jesus is the Christ. I have been healed. Knowing Him has changed me completely. Drive up the 101 and see His work.

08/26/11 8:52 am

@tcdlord: there is more evidence that Jesus not only did exist, but that he also raised from the dead. It is like the US civil war, landing on the moon or even Isaac Newton - if u want to find the evidence then look for it - don't just assume it doesn't exist because u never saw it for yourself 

08/26/11 7:46 am

Shazaam, yes, I'm Very Happy :). 8-9 on a scale of 10, depending on current events.
Atheist, no, not yet anyway, though if I keep having crown problems I may have some pulled. Love your poll answers bud :)

08/26/11 6:56 am

@JamesJelly: my wife and I are both RN's. We made $160K last year combined. Go back to school man! You'll be set.

08/26/11 6:39 am

it's a small world... wouldn't want to paint it... SW

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
08/26/11 12:58 am

@RJ: thanks, and I have a life size map of the world on on my wall. It says 1 mile = 1 mile (SW)

geobelker
08/26/11 12:04 am

@tcdlord, THANK YOU. My thoughts exactly. Except the christians make sure there's no way to disprove them such as an apocalypse that never happens.

RJ1969 SoCal
08/25/11 11:26 pm

Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways? (Steven Wright)

RJ1969 SoCal
08/25/11 11:23 pm

I'm happy. I'm sometimes frustrated...not from anything of my own doing. mostly the caustic climate in this country, the polarization, and stupidity of the TV ADD 'generation' (20 - 70)

PresidentDonald Washington D.C.
08/25/11 9:41 pm

I was just going to say what that guy below me did. Any chance! Mabey super low but any chance!
I dont think it will happen anyway

08/25/11 9:00 pm

ANY chance? sure why not

08/25/11 8:35 pm

whose cruel idea was it to put an S in lisp...

Atheist A sheep amidst wolves
08/25/11 8:32 pm

Lordy - People want proof badly enough they perceive proof.

J - probably not then, that's a few years my senior.

My poll question: Have you lost any of your adult teeth? (Besides "wisdom teeth"). Yeth or No

08/25/11 8:32 pm

shazaam. i am extremely happy. I'm engaged to the woman I love. I just got a promotion to maintenance supervisor and she is an RN supervisor. we are making 84K a hear combined. just bought. a brand new avalanche. never been happier.

tcdlord California
08/25/11 8:11 pm

the only proof of Christ, and God, is writings, just as the only proof of Mayan prophecy is writings..I can't wait for another 2000 years when people look back and think, "Why did all these people believe in this Christ mumbo-jumbo when CLEARLY there was no real evidence to prove his existence?"

tcdlord California
08/25/11 8:09 pm

How is it that people "can't believe this stupid thing" when these prophecies predate Christ and his "teachings"...what makes his words any more special than the Mayans? And don't give me "bc he's the messiah" bc that's NOT a valid argument..cont..

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
08/25/11 7:34 pm

Quick question to the group: is anyone you know (or yourself) seriously happy with their lives right now, or is this a particularly difficult time for them?

I had a friend aak me that today, and everyone I know is struggling.