Show Of Hands January 3rd, 2013 12:00am

Arab news network Al-Jazeera has purchased Al Gore's cable TV network Current TV, which it plans to turn into Al-Jazeera America. Will you tune in?

Romney225
01/10/13 10:35 pm

What is more biased: free American news or state run Middle East news. I choose american

bela330 New York
01/10/13 9:14 pm

About the history of the middle east and americas involvement. Don't be ignorant assholes, have the compassion to listen to both sides. Not the "terrorists" but the civilians, we are unfortunate to be caught between unstable governments and foreign armed rebel groups.

bela330 New York
01/10/13 9:13 pm

All you folks from the mid-west all real slow. Self-Righteous, Self-proclaimed assholes who preach about Jesus but don't even take time to hear what the innocents in other countries have to say, they are struggling too and they don't hate us they hate our government. How many of you have ever read

ravensfreak95
01/09/13 8:52 pm

If I recall correctly the newton guy and aurora guy didn't blow themselves up with a bomb or drive an airplane into a skyscraper. You are comparing apples and oranges.

malakagha Texas
01/09/13 8:48 pm

Is Timothy McVay Muslim? Nope. And many others like him. The problem I that if an American kills numerous people or does a mass shooting, he is called "mental", if the same act was done by a Muslim, he would be a terrorist

ravensfreak95
01/09/13 8:40 pm

Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists seem to be Muslims. Coincidence?

pashn4rshn Virginia
01/09/13 11:42 am

Al-Jazeera is a legitimate news agency. For the haters here, you do know that the largest shareholder of Fox News outside of the Murdock family is a Saudi Prince, right?

malakagha Texas
01/08/13 7:03 pm

That's a pretty ignorant comment.

Mkw618 California
01/07/13 8:50 pm

Cowboy and his fans obviously haven't actually watched anything from Al Jazeera themselves. They just believe what the their friends/familys/politicians/preachers/spouses/teachers/etc say, withOUT actually making any effort to find out and look for themselves.

Mkw618 California
01/07/13 8:33 pm

I agree too. I don't watch TV news. Every single news channel on tv: NBC, FOX, CNN,etc , every regional and local news station- ALL of them, are either owned by G.E., or Westinghouse- two VERY huge U.S. military contracting companies. they have agendas.
I read BBC world, reuters, Al jazeera.

db4of4
01/07/13 8:10 am

But it does exist

db4of4
01/07/13 8:10 am

I watch it already

Subway142 Illinois
01/06/13 7:09 pm

Here's to hoping they aren't as biased as the current "media," and that goes for both Fox on the right and NBC on the left.

hgreer0007
01/06/13 2:13 pm

American society had given independence to women and that's absolutely outstanding...unless you're the spawn from one of these women who are so independent they don't even want their own children. Women are absolutely sex objects in American culture and our prison system solidifies that theory.

hgreer0007
01/06/13 2:05 pm

Hate to break it to ya, but NY Times as well as AP and Washington Post, hell most all the global news outlets in America have contacts within the international intelligence community. It's part of the process of investigative journalism.

jdmumma
01/06/13 1:45 pm

Interesting to see all the assumptions, biases, fearmongering, ignorance... Maybe that's why we call the US the LAND of the free and not the Nation of FreeThinkers that apply reasoning and critical thinking. Seems many people would rather confirm and regurgitate their biases than research facts!

Alison Illinois
01/06/13 10:07 am

@rons...Maybe if you watched Al-Jazeera you would learn how to spell Israel.

valibella
01/06/13 8:49 am

I think the goal of the channel would not be to provide programming for American Muslims, but to provide accurate reporting in the Middle East and North Africa.

crashnet Michigan
01/06/13 12:11 am

Wait, Current TV wasn't already little Al-Jazeera?

hgreer0007
01/05/13 11:48 pm

You should look up who the faces behind Fox really are before you consider them to be a reliable source since you wouldn't consider this middle-eastern media corporation to be legitimate. On another note, The Muslims were the first in history to establish the university.

hgreer0007
01/05/13 11:41 pm

The same ideology coexist with capitalism and Christianity; the devil/middle-eastern terrorists put it there to test your faith! This is a legitimate news organization that the Associated Press receives information from! Open your eyes!

hgreer0007
01/05/13 11:38 pm

You can count on the fact that at least their segments won't be censored by the financial conglomerates that control all the other ones.

susanr Colorado
01/05/13 11:06 pm

I wouldn't sell my toenail clippings to Glenn Beck if he offered me a billion dollars for them.

Cragaleus2
01/05/13 10:56 pm

Why the hell would anyone want to watch the news on TV?

I read their website along with BBC world news, WSJ, and Reuters. I would only watch cable news if I purposely wanted to waste my time.

july475
01/05/13 10:08 pm

If you want a better understanding of what's going onion the middle east they are a good source...it reminds me of NPR or bbc

july475
01/05/13 10:06 pm

I agree I've watched it it's very interesting

july475
01/05/13 10:05 pm

Guess u r a bit ethnocentric...just a bit

july475
01/05/13 10:02 pm

I have watched and read there stuff it's pretty good

ravensfreak95
01/05/13 9:56 pm

Good point. I will never know because I will never tune in. Enjoy it while it lasts because Comcast and Verizon won't carry it soon enough. I encourage you to try a credible news source like CNN or Fox.

therivkid State of Confusion
01/05/13 9:43 pm

...or it is a legitimate news organization. That's also a possibility.

ravensfreak95
01/05/13 9:36 pm

What's the point of watching it? Just to prove that it isn't terrorist oriented. Of course they won't put terrorist shows on, they want Americans to believe that they aren't terrorists when they are. Don't fall for it.

Alison Illinois
01/05/13 9:22 pm

I watched Al-Jazeera this morning. Some of the main stories were: typhoon in the Phillipines, civil unrest in the Central African Republic, and Hurricane Sandy. Not one story supporting terrorists. I can't believe people are so dumb.

ravensfreak95
01/05/13 8:20 pm

Since I am not a terrorist, I won't tune in. Why else would someone tune in?

Mrbill
01/05/13 7:11 pm

People need to wake up!
We're loosening our country to greed and very bad politics!

malgal
01/05/13 6:27 pm

Excellent news channel. Plenty of international news. Time Americans were exposed to the rest of the world, and we all need a different viewpoint from the bias of Fox.

Drew41
01/05/13 3:49 pm

Al gore is an embarrassment to America.

MsMandi
01/05/13 3:34 pm

Absolutely not and Al Gore the lunatic tree hugger just showed his hypocrisy by selling to and accepting money from those who support and are completely funded by what he said he is totally against and is destroying our world. Money talks though, doesn't it, Al

traxus New York
01/05/13 2:49 pm

I've watched on my phone a few times. Reminds me of BBC News, even with British news anchors on some shows. I never thought they were making up news, anymore then we already have here. I could be wrong...

cowboy Dog Lives Matter
01/05/13 1:17 pm

Al-Jazeera has been linked to Hamas palindrome. There's the proof.

jms in the middle of Nowhere
01/05/13 10:00 am

Really???? Are you being sarcastic or serious?? Do you NEVER watch tv? How old are you? If you're a teenager, I'll forgive your ignorance since my 15 year old had to ask what it is, too. But if you're an adult, I hope you don't vote for people in this incredibly ignorant way!!!!!!!!

RalphClemens Pennsylvania
01/05/13 9:58 am

Nobody watched it before, that's why it was for sale!

palindrome California
01/05/13 9:36 am

Pinky- I already know the answer to this but, do you have ANY proof of this?

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/05/13 9:02 am

Al-Jazeera is the propaganda arm of radical Islam.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/05/13 9:01 am

And they refused to sell to Glenn Beck because they 'don't see eye to eye politically'. What does this tell you about Al Gore. I think us Tennesseans long ago disowned him.

cowboy Dog Lives Matter
01/05/13 8:08 am

The Black Panthers and Hamas unite! The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?

cowboy Dog Lives Matter
01/05/13 7:46 am

I guess that wasn't on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, or CSPAN.

cowboy Dog Lives Matter
01/05/13 7:44 am

Especially when Al-Jazeera has been linked with Hamas. Did you know that?