Show Of Hands January 3rd, 2013 12:00am

Arab news network Al-Jazeera has purchased Al Gore's cable TV network Current TV, which it plans to turn into Al-Jazeera America. Will you tune in?

Liberty 4,032,064
01/03/13 9:35 am

Oh the irony. The head of the Global Warming Church has to sell off his channel to a government that gets its money from exporting oil...

Diogenes FreeMeBe
01/03/13 11:35 am

Sure. I can't trust the US media and currently get news from foreign websites. Al Jazeera is one of those sources already. I like Russian Times too! If our media reported the stories unbiasedly and not just offering opinion, I might return to US sources. Fat chance of that.

iBakes California
01/03/13 9:52 am

Al Jazeera doesn't receiving funding from people who push their political, religious or social beliefs into their programming and/or reporting. It's as close to objective media as there is, I will definitely be watching.

Alison Illinois
01/03/13 10:23 am

I already watch Al Jazeera. They are definitely the most unbiased network I've seen so far. Where are people seeing that they support terrorists?

MrLove lovers, dreamers and me
01/03/13 11:55 am

Reading these comments I'm a little surprised that people think Al Jazeera is a terrorist group. A middle eastern name doesn't make it terrorist, do you people refuse to eat hummus too?

waytogo
01/03/13 10:21 am

So we may have to turn in our guns and a pro terrorist network is coming to town. Does this sound wrong to anyone else???

DeathSheep Michigan
01/03/13 12:03 pm

I'm dumbfounded by the amount of people here that see a middle eastern name and assume its a terrorist group. How about you stop being close minded... People. Google it before you open your mouth at least. I personally will tune in unless my cable company is as close minded as some of you

kmlandr
01/03/13 12:31 pm

Maybe we'll finally get coverage about Obamas drone strikes.

kut17
01/03/13 8:59 pm

MSNBC isn't news. It's a bunch of like-minded hens gossiping about politics and tabloids.

curtron basement of the Alamo
01/03/13 9:40 am

Their news app is the most objective of any I've come across because they're not in any politicians pocket. I'll tune in.

form Winter Springs, FL
01/03/13 4:40 pm

It's actually a really great news service in the line of BBC more then anything else. They have top of the line international coverage and I really enjoy the lack of bluster you hear on American news.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
01/03/13 12:52 pm

Instead of "green" propaganda, they'll show Muslim extremist propaganda.....

Pass, I'd rather eat glass.

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
01/03/13 10:38 am

We get enough of that from CNN, NBC, abc, ap, CBS, ........

tjrooks kingwood, TX
01/03/13 6:55 pm

Al Jazeera has very unbiased journalists that focus on a part of the world that other sources don't. It is run from an Islamist majority country but has a very diverse journalist pool. It is no more pro Islam then American journalism is pro Christian. Or through the right wing lens, it's very scary

quint13 Texas
01/03/13 1:22 pm

It is not a terrorist group people... Their news reporting is great and more professional than some news stations in the US (fox). Stop being biased and naive, do some research before you post and make yourself look dumb. The US is not the only "credible" source for news. We should welcome this.

MrLove lovers, dreamers and me
01/03/13 1:51 pm

I won't give them mlneg either. Whatever that is, I'm keeping it.

davidwhite1 Building it Bigger
01/03/13 9:33 am

I tend to not support people who would like to see me dead.
Just saying!!

palindrome California
01/04/13 2:39 pm

Absolutely. Al Jazeera is pretty good. And it's ALWAYS a good thing to get as many perspectives as possible when it comes to current events etc

Helpless Anywhere I want to be.
01/03/13 9:36 am

Between them, BBC, CNN, Fox News and MSNBC you might be able to piece together the actual truth.

taximom Boise
01/03/13 8:28 pm

Al Gore is an idiot.

suppressedID suck it Kyle
01/04/13 9:12 am

It would do everyone some good to see the US through another's eyes. And yes, even your righteous position can withstand some scrutiny...if indeed it is righteous.

acctdele
01/03/13 8:50 pm

I have watched Al Jazeera in both the Arabic and English language. Those of you naive enough to think they are a "balanced" or reputable news source should tune in just to hear them, Arabic is best as they don't filter their hate for all things American. Al Gore is nothing but a phony sellout.

kut17
01/03/13 9:41 pm

Say what you will about Fox, you can't deny they invite Democrats on their shows to debate. I've never seen MSNBC do that.

gradsmart Boston, MA
01/04/13 11:03 am

Al Jazeera is a news network and not a terrorist cell! Wow, you must watch the network that terrorizes people into believing things your little brain cannot comprehend on its own - FOX.

valibella
01/04/13 8:23 pm

For those who think Al-Jazeera is just out to hate on Americans: the reason Americans (like myself) read Al-Jazeera is to gain better insight in WORLD news. Being based in the Arab World, it is much more likely to fairly report Arab news.

kut17
01/03/13 5:52 pm

When Obama won a Nobel Prize for being elected, I realized that whole organization has no dignity. They'll hand out prizes to the Kardashians next.

packattack
01/03/13 12:36 pm

It would have had way more truthful information on the Benghazi attack then our MSM offered.

Alison Illinois
01/05/13 9:22 pm

I watched Al-Jazeera this morning. Some of the main stories were: typhoon in the Phillipines, civil unrest in the Central African Republic, and Hurricane Sandy. Not one story supporting terrorists. I can't believe people are so dumb.

kellyw The Mississippi Delta
01/03/13 11:02 am

Al-Jazeera has a great reputation in the rest of the world. Sure, I'll watch.

116
01/05/13 4:23 am

Apparently some people automatically associate an Arab name with "hates America". Probably the same people that think FOX is real news.

mrmc2
01/03/13 2:15 pm

I was with you until you mentioned Fox. Al-Jazeera is a news organization, so the comparison is invalid.

robolds Initiative
01/03/13 9:34 am

First he invents the Internet, now this. What will jet setter Al do next!

chickencookie Jihad Joe
01/03/13 12:09 pm

the king of global warming has sold out to the evil oil barons..oh the irony!

praetorianus65
01/03/13 11:28 pm

Any news source, no matter how biased, broadens your horizon - and even if only to show you that it is biased - if it is.
I used to listen to the Soviet radio news/TASS in the 80s and barely agreed with a single thing - but good to hear what they thought about us from the horse's mouth not hearsay.

yepnope Maryland
01/03/13 10:21 am

Good thing we have geniuses like you here to keep us all informed! Our country started going downhill toward more liberal agendas the second those monsters said education is a requirement. In bible me trust.

SGTHOOAH
01/03/13 10:24 am

Time Warner dropped them like a rock!

johnf
01/03/13 8:57 pm

Al jazeera may provide the most expansive and unbiased view of world events today. It has come a LONG way from the anti-American drivel of 10-15 years ago. They instituted journalistic standards and hired a lot of respected international journalists.

TessieMay
01/03/13 7:16 pm

I'll watch to see how fair and balanced their reporting is before i make my decision. It's always good to get a balanced view of issues from all sides. I hate the cheap talk show type "news" on Fox that polarizes our country. It's not helping us get to solutions.

malgal
01/05/13 6:27 pm

Excellent news channel. Plenty of international news. Time Americans were exposed to the rest of the world, and we all need a different viewpoint from the bias of Fox.

lmurder MDK
01/03/13 9:37 am

Nope. They sympathize with the terrorists. Way to go gordo!

uurwaw54 Third rock from the Sun
01/03/13 2:36 pm

Watch Al Jeezera and then post here the most biased and militant story you see. Then, we can discuss this intelligently. You may find it is a good source of news as I did.

bradleychalkers
01/03/13 8:16 pm

The people afraid of Al Jazeera are probably the same people who think Obama is a Muslim terrorist because his middle name is Hussein.

malibog 12309
01/03/13 10:20 am

What kind of money grubbing slug is Gore? What a whore.

thefreshprintz Bradley, IL
01/03/13 10:27 am

From the Middle East, must be a terrorist. What a bubble you must live in.

anarchy GET OFF MY LAWN
01/03/13 4:31 pm

What is an "Al Gore"?

acctdele
01/03/13 8:59 pm

Watch the Arabic version and have someone translate for you and get back to us. Speaking more than English is a highly valuable skill.

natejgardner Edmonds, Washington
01/03/13 11:00 am

I haven't had much of a problem with anything I've read from Al-Jazeera, but I'll probably only watch a little. I try to avoid mainstream news in general. That said, I think it'd be a good perspective to bring to US media.

gaca
01/03/13 11:14 am

Al Gore selling his network to a terrorist news network Al Jazeera? I've always thought he was anti American, but never this much. He declined to sell it to Glenn Beck, which is fine, but the fact that he sold it to anti Semites instead is insane. I'm so glad TimeWarner Cable won't air it.

bsweete
01/04/13 6:17 am

As a feminist I can not support anything run by Muslims until they start treating women as equals.

RJ1969 SoCal