Show Of Hands March 22nd, 2012 12:00am

Are you following the Trayvon Martin shooting story?

mama3
03/24/12 2:26 am

Snafu I've read the total opposite. A & B student, etc. If he did get in trouble, well, that's probably because he's 17! How anyone could say "society didn't lose an honorable member there" when a child is killed boggles my mind. No words...

snafu Washington
03/24/12 1:16 am

I have only heard and read bits and pieces. I don't know if the guy shot the kid in self defense, don't know if he's racist but what I gathered about the kid is that he was a troublemaker. Sounds bad but society didn't lose an honorable member there. I'd say the same if he were white or hisp. BTW.

snafu Washington
03/24/12 1:08 am

@fadinho90 He could've put it in milder terms but he's essentially right. I'm Hispanic and know my community doesn't get along with African Americans . Don't know why, personally I have no problem w/ anybody based on race or background. I have a problem with A holes and those come in all colors.

fadinho michigan
03/23/12 7:41 pm

@rep2012 you are a total stereotypical idiot = republican. Of course!

03/23/12 7:30 pm

a Mexican guy shot a black guy. what are we talking about here. news flash ! Mexicans and blacks don't like each other.

03/23/12 6:31 pm

He's honestly just an idiot. He's with whatever brings him attention

03/23/12 6:30 pm

He said himself, "I am a live and let live libertarian"

03/23/12 6:22 pm

thats bs pallindrone he was an old hippie grass toker from the good old days. he thought he was conservative after 9/11 but almost every instance he takes the lib view

HolyBabble Mississippi
03/23/12 6:21 pm

According to the St. Petersburg Times, the cases of "justifiable homicide" have tripled since this law went into effect.

Including cases of the law being used to excuse killings in bar brawls, gang shootouts and road-rage incidents.

HolyBabble Mississippi
03/23/12 6:02 pm

In Texas this might be grounds for arrest, because the law says "self-defense cannot be claimed if a person provokes the other party".

But the Florida law does not make such distinctions.

HolyBabble Mississippi
03/23/12 6:01 pm

Here's the deal. Florida's "stand your ground" law is far more vague than most other States that have this law.

For instance, most people believe Zimmerman should be arrested because he "stalked Martin".

03/23/12 5:59 pm

Ah, he says he is a "live and let live" libertarian that votes republican....

03/23/12 5:55 pm

Geraldo? Liberal?! LMAO, no he is not.... He's portrayed to be, but he most certainly is not. I don't even think he calls himself liberal

03/23/12 5:38 pm

Geraldo is one of the liberal ringers Fox brings in for the balance

scottstots Georgia
03/23/12 5:33 pm

I also read Geraldo's take on the hoodies, and I found it to be absurd.

scottstots Georgia
03/23/12 5:32 pm

Jeb Bush, who signed the Stand your Ground law, said that based on what he knew of the case, this was not protected under that law. Obviously, he's not judge or jury, but interesting to hear his take since he is familiar with the spirit of the law.

03/23/12 5:22 pm

Geraldo's assertion gives Fox News the bad rap it has.

HolyBabble Mississippi
03/23/12 4:52 pm

I'm a member of the NAACP. And I've been a member of the Brady Campaign for the last eight years.
People are focusing their anger in the wrong direction. Zimmerman is not the problem; the VERY VAGUE Florida "stand your ground" law is the problem.

HolyBabble Mississippi
03/23/12 4:27 pm

I usually watch MSNBC ever night. But they have officially become the "Trayvon Martin News Channel".
I will not watch them until they stop this BS!

HolyBabble Mississippi
03/23/12 4:24 pm

From the formation I've gathered and after reading Florida's "Stand your ground" law. I believe Zimmerman was well within his right to use deadly force.
The media has taken sides and their not providing all the information.

ttprod
03/23/12 3:44 pm

too many people jumping to judgement. it will take a while to unfold.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
03/23/12 2:27 pm

My sympathy goes out to the families involved. Nothing can be won in this kind of situation. I hope the jury is fair and takes their responsibility to heart.

My hope is that we use this time of heightened awareness to reprogram our public consciousness for the better.

Perot4Prez
03/23/12 2:26 pm

Gotta wonder about Geraldo's assertion that wearing a hoodie contributed to this kid getting shot for looking like a thug. Seriously? He dressed like that so he had it coming to him? Imagine if he had said that about a woman that was raped/murdered.

03/23/12 2:12 pm

Seriously??
Hello, regardless as to anyone's color, a damn crime has been committed and the murderer is free WITH the miser weapon!
Calm down?? Are you kidding me?
This man needs to be arrested, I didn't say do as he did and act vigilante!
I'd like to see how calm you'd be if it were your child.

RandFan Headed to IPhone rehab
03/23/12 1:31 pm

I Love it! A story gripping the attention of the media, but nobody really gives a crap about.

RandFan Headed to IPhone rehab
03/23/12 1:14 pm

I find it amazing that seemingly everyone knows all the details , do as to make an informed judgement. As opposed to black kid shot by white guy ... He MUST be a racist psycho.

I don't know the story, I wasn't there, so I'm not going to rant and rave like an idiot.

03/23/12 12:05 pm

pallindrone; I'm glad having a black president gives you some comfort, sounds to me like the FBI and DOJ are going to investigate as well. Whatever the outcome I hope Mrs. Martin will get some kind of peace i cannot imagine losing a child, especially like this!

03/23/12 11:33 am

Never knew bi-racial was a color LOL

03/23/12 11:31 am

we have a black president??? I thought he was bi-racial..

03/23/12 11:16 am

I have no choice when I live with someone who watches FOXNews and they're reporting it CONSTANTLY.

03/23/12 11:12 am

Wanna understand the outrage?

There you go. We haven't forgotten.

03/23/12 11:11 am

and disposing of his body in the Tallahatchie River, weighting it with a 70-pound cotton gin fan tied around his neck with barbed wire. His body was discovered and retrieved from the river three days later.

03/23/12 11:10 am

Bryant, the married proprietor of a small grocery store. Several nights later, Bryant's husband Roy and his half-brother J. W. Milam arrived at Till's great-uncle's house where they took Till, transported him to a barn, beat him and gouged out one of his eyes, before shooting him through the head

03/23/12 11:10 am

Emmett Louis Till (July 25, 1941 – August 28, 1955) was an African-American boy who was murdered in Mississippi at the age of 14 after reportedly flirting with a white woman. Till was from Chicago, Illinois visiting his relatives in the Mississippi Delta region when he spoke to 21-year-old Carolyn

03/23/12 11:04 am

that will finally push to get these racially motivated crimes fully investigated.

03/23/12 11:04 am

Jopat, absolutely! I agree. Let's all not get nuts. I recently heard that gun and ammunition sales in the town of Sanford (where the crime took place) are skyrocketing. The truth will be uncovered. If there's one absolute reason I'm glad we have a black president, it's because I know we have a voice

03/23/12 9:54 am

RonPaul-12; Well hell lets get some ropes and just go get him! Everyone just needs to calm the hell down!

03/23/12 9:44 am

Wouldnt doubt if the murder's wounds were self inflicted as an attempt 2 corroborate his fabricated story. Afterall, he willfully & intentionally hunted down and murdered this child which proves that he knowingly conspired to commit a crime. This deems him incredible and the burden SHOULD be his.

03/23/12 9:40 am

before we all get nuts lets see where the investigation goes. The real racists are in Florida trying to lead everyone into something everyone will regret! Lets see who investigates and what they find!

03/23/12 9:38 am

Read the comments on here, they'll scream "race isn't an issue!"... But one must only take a look here and see the sensitive state of race relations in this country. It's sad but not unexpected

03/23/12 9:38 am

Just read an article in the Florida Sentinel, the father of Zimmerman said he is a minority himself with many black family members and his son is not racist. According to the article a witness confirmed the two were fighting,

03/23/12 9:36 am

Quick22, what? That's a ridiculous comment. I'm registered republican and care for the justice and equality of all humans regardless of our differences.

Holly Blabber, your attempts at getting a rise out of others has grown tiring. Often, I question your sanity and your neighbors safety.
Guh.

03/23/12 9:26 am

no should have been know of course!

03/23/12 9:26 am

fadinho90; Really Bill Maher's bubble theory lmfao! And you are as elitist a jerk as he is no it all!

2ndafe Flat lands of Ohio
03/23/12 9:22 am

Is this an issue? yes. is it being ramped up for political reasons, in an election year? you bet!