Show Of Hands November 29th, 2012 12:00am

Have you ever genuinely feared for your life?

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 11:12 am

The funniest one was when I thought the elevator was coming apart as it smashed against the walls on the way up and bounced like on a bungee cord. When I got off I told the ladies in the hall that the elevator was defective. They told me the building was defective. It was a 3.8 earthquake I think

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
11/29/12 11:12 am

and icy out, and he's driving down it 60 or so and he's swerving, I swear he almost drove off the cliff. I damn near kissed the ground when I got out of the car.

wiildkat Propertarian
11/29/12 11:12 am

Yes. Didn't mean I would have died though. I was 10 and a huge dog started chasing me. I was rescued, but the dog probably wouldn't have killed me

argenyle
11/29/12 11:11 am

Arrested by some corrupt cops in a foreign country. Thought I was going to jail for life for who knows what, but they were just fishing for a bribe and let me go when they realized I was traveling without cash or valuables.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
11/29/12 11:10 am

driving with my dad..I'm serious, the man has to be the world's WORST driver. We were driving down to Tennessee and he whipped around a corner so damn fast, we thought the car was gonna roll over. it started to tip over. Then we got to the hotel, it had a road with no guardrails, it was snowing,

BlackBenz Northwest Arkansas
11/29/12 11:07 am

You're not joking! My friends always joke with me that if something weird has happened, I've probably been through it already. For some reason, I just have always tried to stay positive and I have always thought despite my hardships, that I have pretty good luck. I let nothing hold me back.

LRM20 A Hoosier in Lincoln Land
11/29/12 11:06 am

Storm siren placed right next to train tracks went off right before I was crossing and I thought I was dead. I literally shook all day.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 11:04 am

How could I forget the time the 747 started flapping its wings like a bird, with the engines jumping up and forward with each flap. The food carts were going airborne, floating then smashing down. Not everyone had seat belts on so they were flying around too. I did think the wings would fatigue.

lmurder MDK
11/29/12 11:01 am

It's exchanging gun fire with bad guys. A couple were ambushes.

chivalry74
11/29/12 10:59 am

Jet ski flipped over in the middle of the lake with me, wife and best friends kid on it. Scary as hell!

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 10:57 am

BB- I didn't know you were kidnapped as a child too! With all your strange experiences, including finding dead bodies in the river, it's pretty amazing you haven't become a hermit, living in your parents basement. :-)

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 10:48 am

Another time the car was totaled against a tree. Walked away with no injury at all. Guess someone is keeping me alive until I am done with my adventure. There must still be work to do. As long as there is breath, enjoy the life you have.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 10:44 am

Another time a bomb went off just before I walked around the corner. Another time a drunk driver traveling over 100 mph came across the median into our lane, hit the barrier and bounced into the front of our car. Cancer survivor. The list keeps going.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 10:40 am

I have never felt fear for my life. However, I have been in many life threatening situations. The worst was when a psychotic policeman was following me, with a gun he just fired, thinking I was the guy he wanted to kill. I listened to my inner voice and kept walking slowly and steadily. I survive

MNchallenger Minneapolis
11/29/12 10:32 am

When I was 6 I lost my mom in target. Back then that was a big deal for me.

BlackBenz Northwest Arkansas
11/29/12 10:31 am

You are very lucky! You are a strong lady.

BlackBenz Northwest Arkansas
11/29/12 10:30 am

What an excellent story!

BlackBenz Northwest Arkansas
11/29/12 10:29 am

A true adventurist! Keep living your life.

BlackBenz Northwest Arkansas
11/29/12 10:28 am

Thank you. People like you allowed my family to come to this country fighting for freedom.

BlackBenz Northwest Arkansas
11/29/12 10:25 am

I was abducted when I was a child. As a teen, I was jumped by ruthless thugs in Little Rock and beaten. As an adult, I was working at a law firm in Louisiana and the ex-husband of a client held up the firm and I had a gun held against my head and my life was threatened. I have been through a lot!

lmurder MDK
11/29/12 10:23 am

A couple firefights. It's perfectly normal in situations like that.

omniku dot com
11/29/12 10:16 am

Wow I can't believe almost 40% said no! I'm not sure you've really lived until you've faced death. I can think of several times I've genuinely feared for my life & not all of them were because of my own risky decisions (other than walking on the wrong block on the wrong night). Am I just (un)lucky?

TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
11/29/12 10:15 am

It feels terrific to like stories of adventure and survival.

godcyanide Probably gone for good
11/29/12 10:05 am

One of my college roommates tried to choke me to death one night, hopped up on Paxil and alcohol. I was told by many I was lucky to have survived the encounter. He actually told me, "My only purpose in life is to kill you," while his hands were around my throat.

kiowarich Colorado
11/29/12 9:59 am

Sounds like candid camera skit.

Fact FL
11/29/12 9:58 am

This user is currently being ignored

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 9:58 am

You have the best story ever! A scary guy turned out being a hero!

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 9:57 am

Lol I agree! But I still do it to acknowledge what they went through

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 9:52 am

It was the scariest thing ever.

Tony SOH Founder
11/29/12 9:51 am

It feels wrong to "Like" peoples' stories about almost dying.

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 9:50 am

I got checked out and headed for my car and while I was putting groceries into my car, the guy showed up behind me! He said something, then pushed me into the car and tried getting into the drivers seat! I don't know how I did it but I took both feet and pushed as hard as I could to get him out

brothernai
11/29/12 9:49 am

I almost drowned in a surfing accident when I lost my board and was left a quarter of a mile out of shore in 10 foot waves

davidwhite1 Building it Bigger
11/29/12 9:46 am

Walking home a man came out of an ally holding a gun. Walking right next to me for a few blocks saying nothing. Just then two men came out of a building putting a knife in my face saying give me your money. Guy with the gun holds it to the robbers head and says no give me yours; winks at me as I ran

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 9:45 am

I was shopping at Albertsons one time and each time I went down an isle, I noticed the same guy coming down the same isle but from the other direction. It was awkward to keep bumping into him so I decided to check out. As soon as I got to the check out line, guess who showed up behind me?

kishma
11/29/12 9:20 am

I was once robbed at gunpoint when I worked at Blockbuster several years ago. It was terrifying.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
11/29/12 9:09 am

I seem to fall into rushing rivers quite a lot. After the 3rd time I considered staying away, but being sedentary is quite boring. Plus, I'm still alive.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
11/29/12 9:06 am

Your luck and skill sure are!

jonny323
11/29/12 9:05 am

I started dry drowning one time and and it lasted a really long time. I literally thought that I was dying. I wasn't upset though, I guess I decided I have lived a happy life, and wouldn't have too many complaints if it ended early.

andwick
11/29/12 9:04 am

I got in a fender bender with a guy and he got so angry he reached in my car, grabbed me, took my phone, and tried to get me in his car.... One of the reasons I will be getting a CCW...his car only had a cracked tail light for god sake!

HolyBabble Mississippi
11/29/12 9:02 am

Blew through a red light and almost got t-boned by a semi.