Show Of Hands November 29th, 2012 12:00am

Have you ever genuinely feared for your life?

Tony SOH Founder
11/29/12 9:51 am

It feels wrong to "Like" peoples' stories about almost dying.

davidwhite1 Building it Bigger
11/29/12 9:46 am

Walking home a man came out of an ally holding a gun. Walking right next to me for a few blocks saying nothing. Just then two men came out of a building putting a knife in my face saying give me your money. Guy with the gun holds it to the robbers head and says no give me yours; winks at me as I ran

Weave77 Indianapolis
11/29/12 11:47 am

One time, I called Justin Bieber a talentless hack while I was in a room full of pre-teen girls. Coincidentally, this incident also coincides with the question about visiting the ER...

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
11/29/12 2:28 pm

A few weeks ago I turned on the TV and the announcer said that Obama had won the election. Damn near had a heart attack right then an there. Since then I've been living in fear of economic collapse or a nuclear strike or Michelle trying to take all my junk food away.

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
11/29/12 9:01 am

Yes but I am out of the military now.

danvan
11/29/12 4:10 pm

Iraq.... Enough said.

MNchallenger Minneapolis
11/29/12 10:32 am

When I was 6 I lost my mom in target. Back then that was a big deal for me.

bigdaddy1 Nashville
11/29/12 11:52 am

1 word.... Afghanistan.

ArmyRet Midwest
11/29/12 9:01 am

When I was in Vietnam w/1st Cav.

mstar1 Saint Cloud
11/30/12 1:30 pm

Having been homeless for 10 years, there were multiple times I truly feared for my life. I was stabbed 3 times, shot once and beaten to the point of needing ER/ICU and life support once. The up side is that no matter how bad things seem these days, I can always look back and see they could be worse

bigdaddy1 Nashville
11/29/12 12:33 pm

Am I the only one that has a problem pressing the "like" button on some of these comments!?!?! Just seems weird lol

kishma
11/29/12 9:20 am

I was once robbed at gunpoint when I worked at Blockbuster several years ago. It was terrifying.

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 9:50 am

I got checked out and headed for my car and while I was putting groceries into my car, the guy showed up behind me! He said something, then pushed me into the car and tried getting into the drivers seat! I don't know how I did it but I took both feet and pushed as hard as I could to get him out

penelope USA
11/29/12 7:10 pm

The day I left my abusive (ex)husband was the scariest day of my life. Even with a restraining order I spent the next year jumping every time I heard a strange noise or someone knocked on my door unexpectedly.

BlackBenz Northwest Arkansas
11/29/12 10:25 am

I was abducted when I was a child. As a teen, I was jumped by ruthless thugs in Little Rock and beaten. As an adult, I was working at a law firm in Louisiana and the ex-husband of a client held up the firm and I had a gun held against my head and my life was threatened. I have been through a lot!

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 11:32 am

Now he wants grandkids...

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 11:41 am

Always trust your intuition. I have regretted it every time I ignore it. It has saved me from countless pain and even death.

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 9:58 am

You have the best story ever! A scary guy turned out being a hero!

wookiecookie
11/29/12 5:22 pm

First time I walked into an afghan village on foot patrol. I was shaking and not able to process full thoughts. And it didn't help that I was the only female and my CSM made me take off my head gear so the locals could see my hair.

lisalashe
11/29/12 8:50 am

I lost control on a rain slicked freeway and made a 360 degree spin. I thought I was going to die especially at the 180 degree mark when cars were coming towards me. I managed to drive away. Ain't God good!!!

Dinglberry
11/29/12 9:55 pm

had more than one close call were ive woken up in an ambulance... never feared for my life, i know im going to a better place when its the right time for my soul to leave this earth

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 9:45 am

I was shopping at Albertsons one time and each time I went down an isle, I noticed the same guy coming down the same isle but from the other direction. It was awkward to keep bumping into him so I decided to check out. As soon as I got to the check out line, guess who showed up behind me?

centexken Republic of Texas
11/29/12 3:15 pm

Wait a minute. This ain't a nightmare? Obama really won?

RogueMom In a Hand Basket
11/30/12 6:28 pm

Once I didn't put the cart in the corral at the grocery store and some SOH's people were there......

evo Tampa
11/29/12 12:29 pm

I feared for my life every one of the 370 combat missions I ran in Iraq....fun fact, I was an atheist in a "foxhole".

hazhap1 Las Vegas
11/29/12 12:53 pm

Woke up at 7am while in my 32nd floor condo in Hawaii, in the middle of a 7.0 earthquake. Not fun!

Weave77 Indianapolis
11/29/12 1:03 pm

I guess your only choice is to adopt...

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
11/29/12 4:49 pm

I hope you kicked the shit out of the asshole!

isusd5
11/29/12 1:58 pm

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 9:57 am

Lol I agree! But I still do it to acknowledge what they went through

BlackBenz Northwest Arkansas
11/29/12 11:07 am

You're not joking! My friends always joke with me that if something weird has happened, I've probably been through it already. For some reason, I just have always tried to stay positive and I have always thought despite my hardships, that I have pretty good luck. I let nothing hold me back.

TransAm
11/29/12 11:23 am

My father in law said if I ever had sex with his daughter he's kill me with a smile on his face.

Weave77 Indianapolis
11/29/12 1:02 pm

Holy crap- guess I'm not bathing anymore...

38041 Georgia
11/30/12 5:02 am

That is terrible news. Not that my words could possibly mean anything, but I hope the results are negative.

chile safer than congress
11/29/12 10:19 pm

You all are awesome! Thanks for sharing your stories, and for minimal critique on this one.

ttprod
11/29/12 2:31 pm

So many close calls, I must have a guardian angel.

mclainer24
11/29/12 3:27 pm

Thank you!

Happy Hong Kong
11/29/12 11:31 am

I almost drowned while trying to save my brother from a rip-tide. Bude Bay, Cornwall 1991.

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 12:22 pm

My son used to work at Hollywood Video. One day he went to make a bank deposit and a guy put a gun to his head and demanded the bank bag. And, this was in the middle of the day with a bunch of witnesses. Of course the bad guy got away.

Zack100 Tatooine
11/29/12 12:58 pm

Thats the exact way I feel. I liked a comment about a mans flesh eating bacteria in his balls

Fact FL
11/29/12 9:58 am

This user is currently being ignored

godcyanide Probably gone for good
11/29/12 10:05 am

One of my college roommates tried to choke me to death one night, hopped up on Paxil and alcohol. I was told by many I was lucky to have survived the encounter. He actually told me, "My only purpose in life is to kill you," while his hands were around my throat.

BlackBenz Northwest Arkansas
11/29/12 10:28 am

Thank you. People like you allowed my family to come to this country fighting for freedom.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 10:40 am

I have never felt fear for my life. However, I have been in many life threatening situations. The worst was when a psychotic policeman was following me, with a gun he just fired, thinking I was the guy he wanted to kill. I listened to my inner voice and kept walking slowly and steadily. I survive

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 10:57 am

BB- I didn't know you were kidnapped as a child too! With all your strange experiences, including finding dead bodies in the river, it's pretty amazing you haven't become a hermit, living in your parents basement. :-)

LRM20 A Hoosier in Lincoln Land
11/29/12 11:06 am

Storm siren placed right next to train tracks went off right before I was crossing and I thought I was dead. I literally shook all day.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 11:12 am

The funniest one was when I thought the elevator was coming apart as it smashed against the walls on the way up and bounced like on a bungee cord. When I got off I told the ladies in the hall that the elevator was defective. They told me the building was defective. It was a 3.8 earthquake I think

tdyakker lost
11/29/12 11:37 am

FLESH EATING BACTERIA in testis 10 years ago. Thankfully I fully recovered with no ill effects but had testis the size of large grapefruit for a few weeks. Worst thing was that I got it from "clean fresh" bath water. So many nasty things in tap water!