Show Of Hands November 29th, 2012 12:00am

Have you ever genuinely feared for your life?

bigdaddy1 Nashville
11/29/12 1:43 pm

Thanks I didn't go that far back yet lol

mmjman Emerald Valley
11/29/12 1:31 pm

I don't run from him though lol. That's the worst thing you can do is trigger there predatory instincts.

mmjman Emerald Valley
11/29/12 1:30 pm

Could of, the bite from a large dog to the throat of a child could absolutely be fatal. I'm an adult now and I still get scared when my neighbors big St. Bernard comes after me, that thing could kill even me if it wanted to.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
11/29/12 1:23 pm

Fear may not be the right term, but there have been times where I was convinced I could easily die that minute.

mmjman Emerald Valley
11/29/12 1:13 pm

I've had alot of other close calls and times I was worried I might die soon from being so sick, but that's the only time I actually thought I would be dead in minutes

TabooGoose
11/29/12 1:12 pm

In a hillside parking lot a parked van came out of gear but luckily I dodged it by about a foot. It went 100+ yards into a burger king's wall

mmjman Emerald Valley
11/29/12 1:07 pm

Began suffocating, I tried to scream to the nurse, but I couldn't because there was no air in my lungs, I tried to reach out and grab the back of her short and pull but she was just out of reach, it was terrifying, thankfully she finally turned around right as I was loosing consciousness.

mmjman Emerald Valley
11/29/12 1:05 pm

I had a lot of surgeries when I was young, at about age 7 as I was walking up from one in the recovery room my nurse turned around to do something with another patient and my oxygen mask fell off, I was still under some effects of the anesthesia and I was unable to take a proper breath and

Weave77 Indianapolis
11/29/12 1:03 pm

I guess your only choice is to adopt...

Weave77 Indianapolis
11/29/12 1:02 pm

Holy crap- guess I'm not bathing anymore...

Zack100 Tatooine
11/29/12 12:58 pm

Thats the exact way I feel. I liked a comment about a mans flesh eating bacteria in his balls

dryanmorr
11/29/12 12:57 pm

Fun fact.....better be right ;-)

hazhap1 Las Vegas
11/29/12 12:53 pm

Woke up at 7am while in my 32nd floor condo in Hawaii, in the middle of a 7.0 earthquake. Not fun!

AnnieM The Island
11/29/12 12:41 pm

Third, when I was pregnant. I had pretty severe hyperemesis (24/7 8-month-long "morning sickness") & at one point got so dehydrated that I feared the pregnancy would kill me. Even the hospital couldn't get the vomiting under control & they had a very hard time getting an IV in me.

KudosToYou California
11/29/12 12:41 pm

Tony said something similar near the beginning.

AnnieM The Island
11/29/12 12:39 pm

…far, far too soon. I was in so much pain that the only semi-coherent thought I had was "No! I need to say goodbye to my son & husband!" Other than that it was just pain taking over everything. I felt like I was being ripped apart. Which I kind of was since it was major lumbar surgery.

AnnieM The Island
11/29/12 12:34 pm

Three times. 1st time I nearly drowned. It's a long story, but basically I couldn't get to the surface & my vision went black and I felt sure I was going to die. Just in time a lifeguard pulled me up.
2nd was after back surgery. My life wasn't actually in danger, but the anesthesia had worn off…

bigdaddy1 Nashville
11/29/12 12:33 pm

Am I the only one that has a problem pressing the "like" button on some of these comments!?!?! Just seems weird lol

evo Tampa
11/29/12 12:29 pm

I feared for my life every one of the 370 combat missions I ran in Iraq....fun fact, I was an atheist in a "foxhole".

evo Tampa
11/29/12 12:27 pm

Going to be blunt...everyone fears death...in fact, the very thing that drives your belief in eternity IS the fear of death. There is nothing more absolute than death, coincidentally most religions pivot around death and some change thereafter.

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 12:22 pm

My son used to work at Hollywood Video. One day he went to make a bank deposit and a guy put a gun to his head and demanded the bank bag. And, this was in the middle of the day with a bunch of witnesses. Of course the bad guy got away.

TitaniumOreo Upstate New York
11/29/12 12:22 pm

July 4, 2012. St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. I was on a boat, in a storm, and I thought it was going to sink. Never been more scared in my life.

NotQuiteWhite Earth
11/29/12 12:20 pm

No, but I was once hit by a car riding my bike. I rolled off the hood into the street and when I landed, a passing vehicle missed my head by about a foot. In that moment, I thought about how close I was to death, but I can't say I was fearing for my life.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/29/12 12:14 pm

Me it sounds like an angel was with you.

EarlyBird Portland
11/29/12 12:12 pm

McKenna - sounds very scary.
Maybe you should take your cell phone with you when taking walks.

dustbunny
11/29/12 11:53 am

Once in Cabo we were on a tiny boat and were going between the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean. We turned around.
When I got food poisoning.
One night I got separated from my friends and ended up in a seedy alley alone and encountered 3 ppl looking in the trunk of a car, they left me alone. ????

bigdaddy1 Nashville
11/29/12 11:52 am

1 word.... Afghanistan.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 11:51 am

Always check your tread. My vehicles have good tires and dynamic stability control. However, we still have to do our part. Slow down and increase following distance in the rain.

Weave77 Indianapolis
11/29/12 11:47 am

One time, I called Justin Bieber a talentless hack while I was in a room full of pre-teen girls. Coincidentally, this incident also coincides with the question about visiting the ER...

jonny323
11/29/12 11:46 am

Well there's a thing between your mouth and thought that divides between the routes to your lungs and stomach, when its wet you swallow, when its dry you breathe. Sometimes it gets wet and stays wet and any air you try to breathe just goes to your stomach.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 11:46 am

What a pity it didn't set you straight.

mem705
11/29/12 11:46 am

Sounds like a guardian angel

cbbfle Nashville, TN
11/29/12 11:44 am

I thought I could die, but I'm not afraid.
I know where I'm going.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 11:44 am

Sounds like his brain chemistry was wracked out. Some meds or drugs can do this to otherwise normal people.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 11:41 am

Always trust your intuition. I have regretted it every time I ignore it. It has saved me from countless pain and even death.

mckennna
11/29/12 11:41 am

and he followed me home in his car. It was really scary; I thought I was gonna get kidnapped and killed. My heart was beating fast and I kept thinking about if the guy did grab me and what I would do.

mckennna
11/29/12 11:39 am

Just last week I was taking a walk with my dog; a short one because it was getting dark. This white pickup truck kept following me so I went to a random house and acted like it was mine. When the guy couldn't see me, I knocked on the door but no on answered. I called my dad...

tdyakker lost
11/29/12 11:37 am

FLESH EATING BACTERIA in testis 10 years ago. Thankfully I fully recovered with no ill effects but had testis the size of large grapefruit for a few weeks. Worst thing was that I got it from "clean fresh" bath water. So many nasty things in tap water!

Ariella LovePeaceNHappiness
11/29/12 11:34 am

Yes. Had an ex boyfriend who tried to choke me to death one night while I was sleeping. Luckily, I was able to get away from him and call the cops. Scariest night of my life, I thank God I got away.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 11:32 am

Now he wants grandkids...

Happy Hong Kong
11/29/12 11:31 am

I almost drowned while trying to save my brother from a rip-tide. Bude Bay, Cornwall 1991.

arrakisforce8 Springfield Illinois
11/29/12 11:29 am

Tornado or severe weather here in Illinois. And a few bad weather driving experiences

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 11:23 am

The list keeps going. So there must be someone looking out for me. Hope that's not getting boring. I will stop now.

TransAm
11/29/12 11:23 am

My father in law said if I ever had sex with his daughter he's kill me with a smile on his face.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/29/12 11:21 am

Another time the police seized the government buildings, blocked all secret passageways, tunnels, elevators and roads. They were demanding overtime pay for the elections. One drunk officer was shooting semi automatic fire inside the building. We barricaded ourselves underground disabling the doors

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/29/12 11:20 am

A few times flying and on (more or less) motorcycles, once in (out of) a canoe. Too busy to notice during, but just after, realizing how close it was, very shaky and relieved to be undeservedly lucky.

suppressedID keep Summer safe
11/29/12 11:15 am

I think it as commiseration of their fear and/or a really good story.