Show Of Hands February 19th, 2013 6:45pm

Should the U.S. refrain from taking a military action because the U.N. Security Council doesn't approve of it?

02/26/13 4:10 pm

It is still very obvious that you have not made a valid point. Attempting and failing to paint me as a bully in your immature ad hominem hissy fits prove you really have nothing left but the failed attempt to label me. You bore me. Unless you have the intellect to have a dialog, I'm done with you.

andydrew Behind You
02/25/13 9:24 pm

America is like a drunk guy at a bar. We want to get into every fight everywhere. We declare war on drugs, Christmas, Iraq, Afghanistan, Islam,. The UN is they guy at the bar telling us to calm down and to stop drinking. And when we wake up the next morning we'll be glad they stopped us

02/25/13 6:29 pm

Admiral Yamamoto said that when they bombed Pearl Harbor.

02/25/13 6:25 pm

I guess our enemies should remember that. For most armies around the world it would be slaughter. The Japanese Admiral said it best "we have awakened a sleeping giant." And if they want to threaten us then I guess they will just have to accept the consequences.

02/25/13 6:19 pm

With our drone program in place "you can run, but you can't hide." That is why other countries don't like it. To them it's an "unfair" advantage. Whiners.

02/25/13 6:17 pm

And as far as drones are concerned...the rest of the world is just jealous of our advantage. However, as far as the UN is concerned drones should never be a subject open for discussion with the UN. Our enemies should be VERY terrified because we will have them meeting their maker very quickly.

02/25/13 6:10 pm

So there's no rules at all. Except for the ones you just listed. And a couple others. You seem to think war is a fistfight between two guys were "go hard or go home" applies. It's not. It's people slaughtering each other. Never forget that. We go full force that's what it is: slaughter.

02/25/13 6:02 pm

War is just that WAR. There are no real "rules" except don"t use mustard gas and treat prisoners the way you want yours treated. Rules of engagement are total Bull $hit. Our military should only be used if they are unleashed to their full capacity. Otherwise we should not risk our men and women.

02/24/13 5:36 pm

Oh and yes I would be fine with them telling us not to use drones, I honestly hate the program and I'm going to bet you don't like that stance do you?

02/24/13 5:34 pm

Breaking laws of war and rules of engagement is a good way to get the whole world to attack us. Invasion and brutal conduct as well as inhumane treatment will also cause the world to attack us. The UN is a restraining force to prevent us from going crazy with power, as you seem so keen to do.

02/24/13 5:28 pm

They also don't have the guts to try to kick our butt either. Who cares if they are pissed off? They will be anyway.

02/24/13 5:27 pm

We have been playing "nice" with the rest of the world and in some places they laugh at us with our rules of engagement, terrorist's rights while incarcerated and we actually CONSIDER what people think of our very effective drone program.If the UN told us not to use drones would that be ok with you?

02/24/13 5:24 pm

It's about working together and trying to find a common ground. Though working out your problems calmly clearly isn't one of your strong suits. Like a playground bully. Tell me, do you also have an innate hatred of those who you seem better than yourself? Cause than you would match a bully perfectly

02/24/13 5:22 pm

It's not that I hate it's that I'm trying to have a civilized conversation. And my counterpoint is that although we are the world's superpower, if we piss off all the other countries they can kick our ass. We're strong but we are not stronger than the whole rest of the world.

02/24/13 5:18 pm

WELL WHERE'S YOUR COUNTERPOINT? WHY SHOULDN'T WE KICK THEM OUT? WHY AS THE WORLDS SUPERPOWER SHOULD WE PUT OTHER COUNTRIES INTERESTS BEFORE OUR OWN? I am quite calm. YOU do not decide if type in caps or not OR whether it is necessary or not. YOU DON'T GET THAT AUTHORITY. I JUST KNOW YOU'd HATE IT.

02/24/13 5:12 pm

1. Calm down. As entertaining as watching you attempt to scream through all caps is, it's unnecessary.
2. My point is that you need a better reason to get rid of the UN than "we're America and I think we should because we can"

02/24/13 5:11 pm

I meant IF push comes to shove and we have to make a choice American Sovereignty should always supersede anyone else's.

02/24/13 5:08 pm

Refer to your @ss because that is what you are talking out of.
....no point again........you are beginning to bore me.

02/24/13 5:06 pm

...and when push comes to shove YES American sovereignty supersedes all others bar none.

02/24/13 5:02 pm

PROVIDE US WITH YOUR ENLIGHTENED POSITION PLEASE. I SEE NOTHING IN THIS IMMEDIATE VICINITY THAT WOULD CONSTITUTE A POINT OF VIEW ON YOUR PART. MY POSITION IS QUITE CLEAR AND THE REASONS FOR IT ARE ALSO STATED. YOURS?

02/24/13 2:49 pm

Well my reply to that decided to become its own comment. Refer to top for my retort.

02/24/13 2:24 pm

I've provided plenty rational though and am trying to have a rational discussion. Why don't you like the UN? What goal to you intend to meet by removing them? Yet all I can get in response is you screaming at me of how immature and irrational I am (hypocritical much?).

02/24/13 2:18 pm

What point? You have made NO SUCH POINT. You call that a rebuttal? You have again proven your immaturity and your lack of rational original thought. Teach this bully a lesson....I'm sure you won't be able to. CHECK MATE.

02/24/13 2:14 pm

No crito. That is a straw man fallacy and you know it. Any nation undertaking endeavors that we interpret as acts of war risks having their sovereignty violated by our military. Otherwise we do respect the sovereignty of other nations. You risk everything when you screw with our interests.

02/24/13 10:16 am

So if you want to debate, make points formulate an argument, and come at me. However if you want to keep insulting me (like a playground bully) and acting superior and endlessly arrogant (like a playground bully) then can you guess what my reply to all your insults is going to be? Playground. Bully.

02/24/13 10:14 am

Would I let them walk all over us, but I'm all for a restraining factors that would slow attacks from major armies (Suprise! The UN doesn't just hold us back). Oh and you also rephrased my own logic and used it, proving that yes I do have the ability to debate this issue.

Crito
02/24/13 1:56 am

You're assuming that American sovereignty then supersedes any other nations sovereignty, including many democratic states. That's a dangerous way to believe.

02/24/13 1:39 am

Pussies like 14573 would let the UN walk all over us.

02/24/13 1:37 am

The US does not need the blessing of the UN to undertake military action which our leaders deem as necessary and in our best interests. That includes drone strikes to kill the leaders of Al quieda and any other hell we choose to rain down on our enemies.

02/24/13 1:33 am

Every time you mention that I am somehow a playground bully proves my point that you have no point and lack the intellect to debate the issue at hand.

02/24/13 1:26 am

You are an idiot. I reject your opinion and therefore substitute my own. Moron. You have no point. And if I'm such a bully then why don't you teach me a lesson punk? Because you can't LOL!!! Go cry to your momma little boy. You have been schooled.

02/24/13 1:22 am

According to the stats 66% of dems believe we should cede to the UN and abide by their so called "authority". I don't get it. Why would we defer to a world entity when our sovereignty guarantees us the right to choose as we see fit?

02/23/13 9:04 pm

Did someone just call an organization that has no form of governance a communist, which is a type of government? I'm sure your knowledge of forms of government is astounding.

02/23/13 8:56 pm

Oh, good to know I never would have figured that out on my own. Playground. Bully. Every time you insult me you prove my point.

02/22/13 8:04 pm

Yes, but I'm prettier.

Zack100 Tatooine
02/22/13 5:00 pm

Girls! Girls! You are both pretty!! And have time to waste arguing over petty grammar.

02/22/13 3:16 pm

FPExpert blocked me!! Boo hoo he's such a big baby!... Can't break my arguments so he runs home to mama!
Grow a pair dude. It doesn't matter if YOU can see my posts anymore. Everyone around us now knows the truth about you. Jack@ss!

02/22/13 3:10 pm

I have proven nothing for you except that you are ill equipped to have an intelligent conversation in this venue. You sound as though you are used to being in a school yard. I will not waste any more time handing you your @ss. Be gone!

DirtDan402
02/22/13 1:08 pm

The UN is a joke no body can agree on anything that's why there's NATO

DirtDan402
02/22/13 1:07 pm

The democrats are babies the US an UK made the UN, you know why America made NATO so that the UN wouldn't fuck us over because they are Communists

lightsabr2 The Big Sky
02/22/13 7:09 am

I think we have a much better idea of how and when to project power than a council of opposing viewpoints.

02/21/13 4:58 pm

And one last thing, an illiterate scum isn't the correct phrase. Unnecessary an.

02/21/13 4:56 pm

Though I do have to thank you for proving my point for me.

02/21/13 4:55 pm

Oh, I added an accidental -s at the end of a word and you called me scum for it. Playground. Bully. Grow up.

FPexpert Earth
02/21/13 4:42 pm

Dude I blocked you like two days ago, I cant read any of the stuff you are posting lol this is too funny.

02/21/13 4:38 pm

.... Another arrogant libtard talking out of his @ss. No one has any obligation to prove anything to you. YOU don't get to have that influence.

02/21/13 4:34 pm

Learn how to speak and write 14573 or whatever your name is. You sound like an illiterate scum so that is how I will treat you. Don't like it? Tough.

02/21/13 2:05 pm

Don't you sounds like the little playground bully?