Show Of Hands August 10th, 2012 12:00am

Which are more important to you: social issues (gay marriage, abortion, etc.) or economic issues (jobs, taxes, etc.)?

ishady 86451132020
08/16/12 3:02 am

And if you're GOP stops trying to push their silly savior into my government I'll stop railing about it.

08/15/12 10:28 pm

Both but we waist too much time on social issues. A lot of ppl need to start minding their own business. However I do wish abortion didn't exist.

ishady 86451132020
08/15/12 12:28 pm

I disagree with the mayors stopping Dan Cathy,s idiot chicken franchise from coming to their towns. I don't hate the ass I pity him.

Think Lovin Life
08/15/12 8:57 am

ishady ... again, you need to get some counseling for your issues with religion. You're the one who can't let it go. The ones spending money on separation of church and state are the intolerant leftists who can't stand when others express their views.

Think Lovin Life
08/15/12 8:55 am

Dosages ... Disagrees ... Thanks spell check

Think Lovin Life
08/15/12 8:54 am

Nick ... You need to get out more and stop reading the leftist nonsense. The truly intolerant are the leftists who can't stand when anyone dosages with their so-called tolerance.

The Chick-fil-A response was great. Average people took a stand against the hate and intolerance of the left.

ishady 86451132020
08/15/12 7:06 am

They say economy(republicans) then they waste money and time going after abortion and separation of church and state.

EIT Near You
08/14/12 2:36 pm

Agree Damien. Money as unfortunate as it sounds does drive most if not everything. Without it social issues can't progress. Once money is stable and rising, social issues will gain more exposure, etc.

mrhelpurbiz Indiana
08/14/12 7:07 am

Social issues won't matter when were selling off military equipment in 30 years to pay for our debts. Get a clue, the 29%

Damien
08/13/12 10:16 pm

Nick23, republicans want to KEEP their money, but democrats want to make YOUR money THEIRS. The gay marriage and abortion issues won't matter when no one can afford to get married or have an abortion performed. Smh...

ChevyGuy
08/13/12 7:45 pm

I feel economic issues r more important how ever i dnt believe in gay marriage or abortion

nick23
08/13/12 6:36 pm

The economy is more important but Repubs only want to win so they can squash gay rights and abortion. As for money, it's all about what goes in THEIR pockets, not ours

adalla Virginia
08/13/12 9:26 am

Teddy Roosevelt probably spent very little time worrying about social issues... ah, the good old days.

Kato Minnesota
08/12/12 11:13 pm

If people didn't worry about social so much and just let people life there lives this wouldn't even be a question

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
08/12/12 12:02 pm

@theman99: Aw, shouldn't hate people. Why do you hate gays?

ishady 86451132020
08/12/12 11:41 am

Lol jstan. Touché but I use the bible to wipe my ass.

08/12/12 11:15 am

Great question. Romney/Ryan will win on this topic. He's promising 12 million jobs and Obama celebrates when he creates 150k per month. So who is the job creator?

jstan New Jersey
08/12/12 9:33 am

ishady likes to perform sodomy nightly and burn bibles

ncbuc Get Over It
08/11/12 8:52 pm

Economic. I'm socially liberal. But no social issues ever really pertain to me.

ishady 86451132020
08/11/12 6:05 pm

Wishing Timothy geitner would take his calls and stop being such a tease.

ishady 86451132020
08/11/12 6:04 pm

Jstan likes to slap it to Nietzsche late at night when no ones around.

samy12386 Illinois
08/11/12 5:21 pm

Economic not only because it's more important but because social issues are none of the governments business

dirk2012
08/11/12 4:27 pm

Economic the most important.

jstan New Jersey
08/11/12 3:56 pm

Social reform is for liberals with no understanding whatsoever of capital. If you possess no intelligence you might as well do the only thing you've ever been good at...crying about it. Your sexual orientation has no bearing on the dwindling federal reserves. Keep your whining to yourself.

TheClan09
08/11/12 2:27 pm

We know are social stance: Liberal. We need a stronger fiscally conservative country that it willing to live on the street to save a billion dollars. I am willing. Are you?

dbrat East Coast
08/11/12 2:26 pm

Ah, including women's issues which are also economic issues

jamjay Atlanta, Ga
08/11/12 1:00 pm

Do not care who is your bed. I do care about whose hand is in my pocket.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
08/11/12 10:16 am

A country's morality influences its economy much more strongly than most folks realize. Ergo, societal issues are more important to me.

polarized Tennessee
08/11/12 9:49 am

I'm speaking in general of course. Have a good day adalla.

Think Lovin Life
08/11/12 9:46 am

Red… As I thought you couldn't prove that there are any economic values that would be provided to gays if marriage were extended to them. Stop a lie.

polarized Tennessee
08/11/12 9:45 am

You just supported my argument so thank you. I am liberal when it comes to social views and conservative when it comes to fiscal responsibly. I really could care less if anyone agrees with me. If I was a woman or gay person I might be worried however, as stated in my original statement.

scottstots Georgia
08/11/12 9:45 am

Around here, social issues get folks to the polls. Guns, gays, and abortion. Fiscally, southerners vote against their own self interest. For me, I'm an independent/libertarian and I agree with others, if GOP would drop the social conservatism in favor or libertarian social views, I'd give em a look

adalla Virginia
08/11/12 8:49 am

Lol I'm an actual independent. On abortion, you're a solid liberal. I'm not for it or against it, but to state your opinion on abortion as if it were fact is not a moderate view. Sorry that people don't agree with you on everything, your highness.

polarized Tennessee
08/11/12 8:16 am

Adalla...to say abortion hasn't been challenged by the right is like saying liberals dont like to waste money...I'm an independent voter...you're just a drone for the republican party.

adalla Virginia
08/11/12 7:39 am

"continues to go against a woman's right to her own body..."

Abortion is legal. It hasn't been challenged. How is "the country" doing this?

Liberal tripe...

Threeper301 Gilbert, AZ
08/11/12 7:30 am

..."Can we afford it?" and "What will it do to the freedoms and rights of the people?" Basically, instead of ruling the country on Political Partisanship (pardon my earlier grammar), rule the country on COMMON SENSE.

TARDIS
08/11/12 7:27 am

Been fightin' for gay marriage and I won't stop. The economy is the kind of thing that will inevitably work out.

Threeper301 Gilbert, AZ
08/11/12 7:26 am

...and the ultimate goal of the government, WITHOUT any partisan motives, would be to establish the balanced center. The way issues and their solutions would be resolved would be by answering 2 questions...

Threeper301 Gilbert, AZ
08/11/12 7:24 am

If it were up to me, the political spectrum wouldn't have anything to do with partisanism. It wouldn't even be a POLITICAL spectrum; it would be a LAW spectrum. One end is Total Law, and one is No Law...

polarized Tennessee
08/11/12 7:03 am

I'll say economics at the moment. But if this country continues to go against a woman's right to her own body and gays rights to openly express love for someone that isn't the norm, I may have to change very soon.

adalla Virginia
08/11/12 6:58 am

Govt has no business getting involved in social issues. You can't legislate morality. The constitution as originally written only addressed economic issues. We go downhill as we stray from its intent.

Christian1
08/11/12 6:30 am

When people begin to compromise morally, it will negatively affect all the other issues.

Itabliss Hello
08/11/12 5:31 am

Responsible>>I shady is right, the private sector sales were phenomenal for gay weddings.

DB1984 Pennsylvania
08/11/12 3:53 am

Right now the economic issues are most important but social issues are important also .