Show Of Hands August 24th, 2011 12:00am

Are you now, or have you ever been, a cigarette smoker? (UserQ)

bbelle
09/03/11 7:27 pm

echesp, do you not think that smoking causes heart disease and cancer, then you have been misinformed!

09/02/11 8:31 pm

Since we're making smoking illegal let's do something about cars! I hate when I'm walking and a car drives by and I'm forced to breathe it's exhaust! Ban all cars that emit toxic smoke... Wait that won't happen too many nonsmokers like driving and filling my lungs with deadly fumes... Morons

09/01/11 10:23 pm

If a bar owner wants the bar to be smoking or smoke free it should be their choice

melba
08/31/11 10:31 pm

@maleRN Thank u! Finally! Someone with equality in mind!

08/31/11 6:12 am

@AdamP: the same can be said for smokers, especially in a public place; just like non-smokers have the right to breathe clean air, smokers have the right to light up in public places. Ban it on private property, but the public is off limits. I don't smoke... can't stand it, but folks have rights!

08/29/11 9:04 pm

I have smoked a few times and it caused me to get kicked off my vball team so I don't anymoree :)

08/27/11 8:29 pm

@albie
Do it. You won't regret it.

OldLady
08/27/11 8:49 am

heart disease and a lot of cancer are directly related to smoking. And their is no potentially, you will get emphysema, copd, and/or cancer. yes it is your choice, but it is a huge burden to your family watching you die that way.

08/27/11 12:27 am

@Vanguarde
Yeah, but my dick is superior to yours. Your mom's is too. Quit throwing tool comments into everything.

08/26/11 10:23 pm

1/2, bro. You consider that an excuse to smoke? Lol, "They cancel each other out.".

echoesp Wisconsin
08/26/11 9:53 pm

You know what kills more that smoking? Heart disease and cancer. That's right the burgers, beer, and fries are WAY worse than rippin' cigs.

melba
08/26/11 7:53 pm

No one else's. I am respectful and don't smoke in other peoples cars or public places. I don't blow smoke in people's faces. So when I'm outside, leave me alone. I'm not hurting anyone but myself. This is borderline harassment. And we shouldn't be discriminated against.

melba
08/26/11 7:50 pm

This is crazy. I've been smoking for 15 years. Started at the ripe old age of 13. I know that it could potentially harm me, but nowadays, what won't! I tell people they shouldn't smoke and I won't give a nonsmoker a cigarette. But it's my choice.

08/26/11 6:29 pm

If it's so bad why doesn't our government shut it down? I'm serious. Is it because they making a lot of money? No, it couldn't be It's okay, people who want to smoke make a choice. This is still America right?? I get so bent when people say what they say about us smokers. Let us be.

AdamP Texas
08/26/11 3:53 pm

Tobacco kills more than AIDS, heroin, alcohol, cocaine, car accidents, guns, homicide and suicide combined. 500,000 people die every year because of tobacco. If ur going to make an argument, make sure you know the facts first.

AdamP Texas
08/26/11 3:49 pm

@MaleRN

Tobacco is the #1 preventable cause of death. People have the choice to smoke, but shouldn't in public places. And no I don't stress because I'm working to protect non-smokers. Non-smokers have the right to breathe clean air in public places. The US will be smoke free soon enough.

08/26/11 7:01 am

@kenny1941: and you're going to live forever, right?

08/26/11 12:23 am

Don't smoke!!! You will diieeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USNavyVet Sonar Man STG2
08/25/11 9:05 pm

@stephlee you going to DIE from some sort of cancer or someother smoking induced disease and die broke from the cost of. smoking,hahaha

Stephiee Mississippi
08/25/11 7:28 pm

are gaining a profit from our addiction, they don't mind. I bet if we had to pay an admission fee to get into the smoking room, they would have NO problem. Because they would be making money.

Stephiee Mississippi
08/25/11 7:24 pm

I think if they're going to sell it & advertise it, no one should be able to discriminate against you for doing it. I work at Wal-Mart, and they SELL cigarettes. But, they just took away our smoking room in the back, and are forcing us to walk to the end of the parking lot to smoke.. As long as they

Stephiee Mississippi
08/25/11 7:13 pm

I smoke. And I don't give a shit if anybody likes it or not.

08/25/11 6:32 pm

I have a phobia of cigarettes an every single person in my entire family about the age of 17 smokes cigarette and I am the oldest person who doesn't and I swore on the bible I would never smoke a cigarette

08/25/11 6:03 pm

Liberals can't stand smokers and smoking, but they sure love spending the tax money brought in by smokers.

And no, I don't now, nor have I ever smoked.

dabomb
08/25/11 2:28 pm

No. It's a terrible habit.

OldLady
08/25/11 2:08 pm

And why can't they get thru a meal with smoking.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/25/11 2:04 pm

Hate the stench. I smoked 40 years ago.

08/25/11 1:06 pm

Veritas- and the stress will kill me faster if I don't get a handle on it. And I can't be a good mom if everything sets me off- I need a moment off now and then. If I have a cig, that moment lasts longer and takes less time.

OldLady
08/25/11 12:58 pm

I understand the right TO smoke but it is my right NOT to. Smoking in public places is not allowed here, I just wish smokers would move further from a door before lighting up. I hate walking thru a haze.

valeriejo ramble on
08/25/11 11:59 am

Thanks to all the GENIUS non-smokers who have informed us that smoking is bad for you. Wow! I dont think anyone knew that.
Come on guys it's been ingrained in our brains since we were able to talk. Your almost as likely to die in a car accident, will that stop you from driving every day?

08/25/11 11:15 am

non cigarette smoker but I disagree with the smoking bans being enacted nowadays

08/25/11 11:15 am

I smoke those left handed luckys. the kind you roll yourself. if you know what I mean...

Soitgoes Missouri
08/25/11 8:41 am

Instead we pay millions on anti- smoking ads as if we are all ignorant to the dangers of smoking. I got news for you, we know its bad for your health, we choose to do it anyway. Its not your choice, its mine.

Soitgoes Missouri
08/25/11 8:37 am

If this is America, you'd think non-smokers would at least appreciate our right to do whatever to our own bodies. Why do Some democrats want to legalize weed (which would be sweet!) but not allow smokers on the sidewalk where they don't hurt anyone?

08/25/11 1:06 am

Smokers are a dying breed. Lol. Get the joke?

valeriejo ramble on
08/24/11 9:17 pm

I'm sure I smell right after smoking, but I dont think the smell lingers with me even after showering. Or that it permeates through my skin, hair and clothes and comes seeping out of my pores and causes others to retch like some of you guys are saying ;)

valeriejo ramble on
08/24/11 9:13 pm

No my mom doesn't smoke, she used to, but I think that would just make her more likely to smell it on me. But I only smoke a few cigs a week & I usually don't smoke right before I see my mom..

snuzzy
08/24/11 8:55 pm

Haz- do you realize that us nonsmokers don't care if you're tired of hearing about it. We get to keep talking about it because......well smoking is nasty and oh yeah this is America. Suck it up!

08/24/11 7:55 pm

thanks veritas I'll keep my ignorance in mind. got a light?

veritas… Texas
08/24/11 7:07 pm

…living in the present. Why should I care about my health a decade from now. Who cares if I might die because of it? I'm not dead now so I'll light up again." It's that ignorance that has killed millions of people, not the cigarettes.

veritas… Texas
08/24/11 7:07 pm

People who smoke need to realize this: It makes you feel good and calms you down, sure. But there's a trade off. You are ruining your long-term health just for short-term gain. You want to "feel good" now and don't care about the affects 10, 15 years down the road. It's the mentality that "hey. I'm…

NotAsheep Nevada
08/24/11 6:40 pm

Dearest non-smokers; I regret to inform you.... We really don't give a sh*t about what you breath or smell, and we're really pretty tired of your discrimination, crying, whining, and endless verbal vomit on the subject.

08/24/11 6:25 pm

Rosebai et al, here's another great quote, from Mark Twain no less: "To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is nobler, and no trouble!"

Don't let the self-appointed smoking nazis bug you - as I said folks are still welcome to smoke in my house and car because I've been there and done that!

snuzzy
08/24/11 6:10 pm

Oh just to be clear when I say I "busted" some folks it was when I first quit and wanted to suck the smoke out of their lungs. Didn't mean it like they were doing something bad.