SunsetLeopard July 25th, 2015 8:03am

Do you know someone who was married and divorced before 25?

Yoko318 Utah
07/26/15 12:11 pm

Unfortunately a friend of mine. Married same day as me, but he went in with rose-colored glasses. Divorced before their first anniversary after he found out she cheated on him while they were planning their wedding.

lcamino on the move
07/25/15 12:30 pm

My son has a friend who was married and divorced three times before the age of 30.

suppressedID I cant breathe
07/25/15 10:10 am

Actually, no. All my friends are all-in or never-in.

Rosebud Ohio
07/25/15 6:45 am

A few people so far.

KatG Liberal in Ohio
07/25/15 6:37 am

Me. He was physically and mentally abusive.

steelcity Pittsburgh
07/25/15 5:52 am

I have a friend who was married at 20. At the time everyone thought they shouldn't get married and didn't say anything. Now they are divorced.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
07/25/15 5:49 am

At least a handful of people.

phen nebraska
07/25/15 4:23 am

Me too

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
07/25/15 4:37 am

Well I'm only 20 and seriously considering it so...don't feel bad.

LochnessMonster Milky way
07/25/15 4:39 am

We all make mistakes at a young age. We just have to learn from them.

chinito Florida
07/25/15 5:23 am

SL, after the first child the relationship gets very hard. It usually gets better. Both the man and the woman go through hard times.

Just wanted you to know this before making any decision

phen nebraska
07/25/15 5:33 am

Sun.. My wife and I split up for almost 6 months after our first was born. We were a total mess. Actually hated each other. Based on one of your other polls, you may need to split and re focus for a while. Above all, keep your baby happy and safe!

lcamino on the move
07/25/15 12:32 pm

Please give it a lot of thought Sunset. How is the job situation now?

lcamino on the move
07/25/15 12:37 pm

Sunset, are you considering divorce? I thought you were married, but I read the question wrong & thought you were asking about marriage, not divorce. I know it has been rocky for you, even before the baby.

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
07/25/15 3:01 pm

He got a job and starts August 3rd, and yes I've been seriously considering it. I was about ready to just leave but the SOH community talked me into going to counseling for at least a month first. He wit go so I'll go alone like everything else but

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
07/25/15 3:03 pm

It could still help. In case you missed my other poll, I confessed to the SOH community that there is someone else. I've fallen for an anonymous user on SOH and I was about to meet him but again, they talked me out of it and said I need to exhaust my

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
07/25/15 3:04 pm

Options before I make any huge decisions like that. So we didn't meet and I'll be going to counseling probably sometime in late August/early-mid September.

phen nebraska
07/25/15 5:57 pm

Sun...see section below. Posted on wrong spot somehow

lcamino on the move
07/25/15 7:38 pm

I agree that it is better to try to save a marriage. I tried everything, including"How to Save Your Marriage Alone."And prayer cards that you pray for him & your marriage everyday.Only God sustained me during that time. It was a lot of pain & growth.

lcamino on the move
07/25/15 7:49 pm

I know that I did everything possible to try to save my marriage. He continued to lie, cheat, and verbally abuse me. He did not want to change his behavior.

twss trump is a garbage human
07/26/15 6:50 pm

SL, co-parenting can be very tough on a marriage. I speak from experience. My SO is my opposite in most ways, including our parenting approaches. The first year of our firstborn's life was tumultuous. At the time, I hadn't yet realized that much...

twss trump is a garbage human
07/26/15 6:52 pm

...of it was abusive or controlling on his part. My story is going to be different than yours, but the point is this: if your SO is doing things that you can't abide, you need to have a very serious discussion before you ever consider leaving. You..

LochnessMonster Milky way
07/26/15 6:52 pm

Twss I thought you were in stl?

twss trump is a garbage human
07/26/15 6:53 pm

...may not see the effects immediately because your baby is so little, but I think you owe him and yourself a very serious attempt at fixing your marriage. I'm saying this from a very humble place and I'm hoping you know that.

twss trump is a garbage human
07/26/15 6:54 pm

LM, I'm traveling. Thought I'd have a little fun and change my zip code as I went 😎

rickvee Living the dream
07/25/15 3:34 am

Married twice, two kids (one from each), and two divorces before she was 25.

phen nebraska
07/25/15 5:55 pm

My first marriage lasted Bout a year and a half. Luckily we had no kids so it was relatively easy.
The thing I learned is that before you get a divorce, go back to the good times and remember what made them good.. then repeat. See if that helps.

phen nebraska
07/25/15 5:56 pm

That was supposed to go up a comment. Lol. Not sure what happened there