clmcd42 February 15th, 2019 3:40pm

Do you believe in the Constitution or do you support Trump's plan to declare a national emergency to bypass Congress's power over the Treasury?

clmcd42 Texas
02/15/19 8:56 am

Whataboutism. Completely irrelevant to the point at hand

Radon Parts Unknown
02/15/19 8:51 am

Liberals
We believe in the constitution! You can't build that wall.
Also liberals
Yeah you don't NEED that gun, so we will ban it. Also, no one NEEDS to spew hate speech, so we will ban it. Also, that right to life, invalid and we will kill babies by state funding. That 6th amendment, yeah throw that out too. You're guilty till proven innocent if you're not a liberal. The 9th amendment......... What's that?

Radon Parts Unknown
02/15/19 9:01 am

Ah yes, liberals hate it when I point out their outrageous talking point for being what it is, outrageous.

You're trying to use the constitution that liberals spit on at every chance they get to pull at the strings of people who actually do believe in what it says. It's snake like. The best thing about this is you know I'm right. That's why you don't even attempt to refute it.

Radon Parts Unknown
02/15/19 9:48 am

You guys are just seething at the idea that Trump might actually help America. It's really something.

02/15/19 9:51 am

Amusing .....congress within its limited power authorized the Executive to do just that .....your interpretation and the Constitution are definitely different.....

clmcd42 Texas
02/15/19 8:47 am

Article 1, Section 9 of the Constitution:

"No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time."

Where are all the "Constitutionalists" to object to this clear case of presidential overreach?

clmcd42 Texas
02/15/19 12:23 pm

"I vOtE foR hIM BeCAuSe hE tRiGgERs THe LIbs"

Radon Parts Unknown
02/15/19 9:26 am

That's not how it works man. You actually address what I've said first. You don't get to shrug off what I said and then ask me a question.

Radon Parts Unknown
02/15/19 9:31 am

Two reasons, Super.
First, you need 60 votes to pass spending in the senate. They had 51.
Second, Paul Ryan is a bastard. I'm so glad my state got rid of his ass.

Radon Parts Unknown
02/15/19 9:31 am

It's your poll. But it's MY comment thread. I started it. You didn't have to respond at all.

lj74
02/15/19 1:16 pm

Lol!!! You give a “slightly” faulty premise mate. It is constitutional to declare a national emergency.

ozzy
02/15/19 12:15 pm

Except that the national emergency IS constitutional

clmcd42 Texas
02/15/19 9:24 am

No I don't attempt to refute it because it's completely irrelevant to the topic at hand and I don't even believe in half the stuff you said. How about you actually respond to the question at hand? Do you support the Constitution or do you support a President's power to unilaterally allocate funds to whatever they want?

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
02/15/19 9:25 am

Answer me this: Why didn’t Trump get his wall when the Republicans controlled the House? He had his chance, so now just stop the whining.

clmcd42 Texas
02/15/19 9:30 am

You're in MY poll question Radon, which you have apparently decided not to respond to. You don't get to tell me what to talk about. If you don't have anything to contribute, then I think you and I are done here.

voc I am...what I am
02/15/19 12:25 pm

Who are you people?

voc I am...what I am
02/15/19 12:32 pm

Hmm....I’m none of those.

Although I do find it ironic you’re ok with trump forcing a wall on everyone, yet you don’t want anything forced on you....🤔

voc I am...what I am
02/15/19 12:56 pm

Yes everyone is for border security, not the type of wall he’s forcing on us.

It will affect all of us because we are going to pay for it.

He was elected on the premise that Mexico would pay for the wall, even though everyone except his supporters knew was bullshit. Not sure why they didn’t. Hell, a lot of them still think Mexico will.

voc I am...what I am
02/15/19 11:45 am

So I’m confused. Since trump has passed more restrictions on guns than Obama did, does that make him a liberal?

voc I am...what I am
02/15/19 11:51 am

You should probably call you homies dopes then too, because most of them feel that he’s one of the most conservative Presidents ever.

Hell a lot of them think he’s a Christian too and just don’t understand that he’s just pandering.

Radon Parts Unknown
02/15/19 9:38 am

You both know what I'm saying is accurate.

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
02/15/19 9:45 am

Yes, it’s called Pluralistic Democracy. If you can’t strike a deal, then just deal with it.

clmcd42 Texas
02/15/19 9:47 am

In my opinion, a national emergency declaration is a violation of the clause of the Constitution I've cited above. Congress is supposed to be the branch that allocates where money can be spent. This has been inconvenient for both liberals and conservatives in the past, and I think this sets the precedent that a president can declare a national emergency for whatever pet issue they feel like with very little justification.

MrsCrayonWax
02/15/19 9:52 am

Not a presidential issue but a violation of the constitution none the less.

02/15/19 9:54 am

Operative word, "opinion".....and reality two entirely different things.....

clmcd42 Texas
02/15/19 9:55 am

So what's your take on it, Sentinel?

clmcd42 Texas
02/15/19 9:57 am

Read your comment up above. So what exactly do you think the criteria for declaring a national emergency should be?

02/15/19 1:30 pm

You forget the money has already been given to those respective apartments, the Executive can rearrange money usage for other endeavors, kinda like when demon-rats stripped a Veterans Bill for Housing and stuck obummercare into it and claimed passage.....

02/15/19 11:08 am

Of course not, truth and facts you refuse to acknowledge, my immediate family is Border Patrol care to debate facts with him?.....

02/15/19 1:33 pm

What facts voc.....I live in El Paso and certainly have Border Patrol in my immediate family , what facts can you present, when I have actual life right now experience and front line truth!?.....

02/15/19 10:08 am

We The People elected the Executive to do those things within the laws established and authority granted by the Constitution .....if you wish to debate tv talking points or wish to discuss Article II Authority and power vested to the Executive?.....again perception or facts.....

Radon Parts Unknown
02/15/19 12:24 pm

Excellent.

Please, keep responding.

Radon Parts Unknown
02/15/19 12:28 pm

Media, leftists, politicians, lobbyists, essentially everyone who wants to force their "values" on me.

02/15/19 11:17 am

The true issue is your perception.....congress when authorizing the Executive the power to call National Emergecy, "Did" not define "National Emergency" and left that to the discretion the Executive.....that is not arbitrary, that is the power vested in the Executive by Law.....

02/15/19 12:32 pm

If it was not then it would have been included in the law, congress felt it was not so hence delegating it to the discreation of the Executive.....

02/15/19 10:24 am

I currently exist in El Paso Texas, you know the "border town".....care to tell me the situation here?.....

Radon Parts Unknown
02/15/19 12:37 pm

"Forcing a wall on everyone"

Literally the reason he was elected.
Won't even effect you except positively with less crime and drugs.
Already has been suggested by the very same people opposing it.
Already has been voted on before.
Already has sections built by previous congress'.
Has been asked for since the 90's.

Yeah, that's some real force.

clmcd42 Texas
02/15/19 1:57 pm

No, the executive cannot reallocate on a whim. Blatantly wrong and unconstitutional.

02/15/19 2:05 pm

Title 50 U.S. Code.....again, you have no idea what "unconstitutional " is.....

voc I am...what I am
02/15/19 2:07 pm

The fact that El Paso actually has low crime rates comparatively.

clmcd42 Texas
02/15/19 10:37 am

Sentinel, what criteria do you think should be used to determine what is or isn't a national emergency?

voc I am...what I am
02/15/19 2:13 pm

I don’t agree with a lot of the foreign aid we give. I think that money would be better spent here. I also think that the money for the wall would be better spent on vets that everyone seems to care about until money for the wall or foreign aid comes into play. I think it’s pretty shitty these people fight for us and get completely fucked and we’re arguing over a stupid wall that in reality isn’t going to do a whole lot since most illegals don’t walk across the border. They overstay their visas. Yet instead of trying to fix the actual problem we are fixated on a loosely fitted bandaid.

That’s my wall issue.

02/15/19 2:14 pm

After Vietnam and Germany flying into Ft.Bliss then buying a home and living here I know what it was like in the barrios , I currently reside in the VNE....the Central and Sugundo barrios were worse, tell me what history do you know about El Paso and how many times have you lived here?......

clmcd42 Texas
02/15/19 10:42 am

"But the region's rate of violent crime is lower than the national average and the rate of property crime is significantly lower."

realestate.usnews.com/places/texas/el-paso/crime

02/15/19 3:27 pm

I will tell you this voc.....the crime rate wentb down when Robert Francis O'Rourke left local gov in El Paso!.....LOL!.....

Radon Parts Unknown
02/15/19 12:58 pm

Look at our budget sometime. Do you know how much we give in foreign aid alone? Way way way more than this puny amount he wants to spend on US. That's a weak argument. All of a sudden, spending and deficits are a big issue. Weird how that comes in and out of interest.

voc I am...what I am
02/15/19 2:17 pm

So are you saying that the crime rates are much higher?

voc I am...what I am
02/15/19 11:48 am

So in reading this, sentinel, why are you refusing to address any of the facts that are presented to you and you’re basically saying the same thing over and over?

02/15/19 10:45 am

The criteria that those who have complete situational awareness, discern the live data and determine solutions that would apply and action, not denials and kick the can....

You have no idea about any border situations, immediate family is Border Patrol, you live in Texas where?.....