11/20/17 5:52 pm

Before abortions were legal wealthy women went off to have abortions while poor women died from desperate attempts to abort.

11/20/17 3:53 pm

I ‘ll never be able to get pregnant, so I say let the women of the world decide on the issue of abortion.

Metamorphosis
11/20/17 4:51 pm

I am pro choice for economic and class equality for women. If abortion became illegal, wealthy women would simply leave the country for an abortion while poor women and their doctors would be jailed.

11/20/17 3:56 pm

I am pro choice because I believe women have the right to determine their future with the guidance of medical professionals. American women suffer needlessly when they aren’t allowed to make choices. Pregnancy is stressful and can lead to complications. Forcing someone to carry a baby to term is evil.

NERVOSA California
11/20/17 5:49 pm

The time to decide about pregnancy is before, not after the act. In cases of rape (which make up an EXTREMELY low number of all abortions), adoption should be considered and the quality of foster homes should be improved greatly. All life is precious, whether inside or outside the womb.

11/20/17 10:15 pm

BTW affluent means wealthy

Zinkshadow1 Tallahassee
11/20/17 4:41 pm

You probably won't ever get a death sentence in court but that doesn't mean you shouldn't put in your say on the ethics of people who do.

11/20/17 4:43 pm

I’m against the death penalty.

gluxford1 Arizona
11/21/17 12:16 am

Pro-life for unborn babies and pro-death for convicted murderers.

GlockMan1 Alabama
11/20/17 4:57 pm

It’s murder. Plain and simple. It’s the reason the people of Alabama will elect a sexual pervert over a baby killer to the Senate. Shame these are our only two choices.

11/20/17 8:19 pm

I never said all, you did.

11/20/17 7:51 pm

More than 600 American women made the trip to the United Kingdom during the last three months of 1969 alone; by 1970, package deals (including round-trip airfare, passports, vaccination, transportation to and from the airport and lodging and meals for four days, in addition to the procedure itself) were advertised in the popular media.

11/20/17 5:38 pm

Against abortion yet for the death penalty, let that sink in too.

11/20/17 7:53 pm

New York did not include a residency requirement, which put it on the map as an option for the affluent.

The year before the Supreme Court's decision in Roe v. Wade, just over 100,000 women left their own state to obtain a legal abortion in New York City. According to an analysis by The Alan Guttmacher Institute, an estimated 50,000 women traveled more than 500 miles to obtain a legal abortion in New York City; nearly 7,000 women traveled more than 1,000 miles, and some 250 traveled more than 2,000 miles, from places as far as Arizona, Idaho and Nevada.

11/20/17 5:43 pm

First off, I never said I was for abortion, I clearly stated let women decide the issue. Secondly many innocents die of the death penalty and that is why I am against it, one innocent dies, not worth it! I stand by that!

11/20/17 5:48 pm

Most abortions happen within the first month. Abortions like you described are rare.

Pro choice isn’t just about abortion. It’s about birth control, it’s about the ability to make choices about your healthcare. The rate of abortions go down when there is sex education and birth control.

Forcing anyone to do anything against their will is EVIL.

11/20/17 5:50 pm

Sex education reduces abortions.

PhxLibertarian Republic of Dave
11/20/17 5:53 pm

I object to the way the system works with respect to fathers. My ex texted me that she had an abortion. I didn't get any say one way or the other. But if she, and she alone, chose to have the baby I am responsible. Authority and responsibility should go hand in hand.

Happy ending though... she lied to me and offered my baby for adoption against my will. I found out and I now have custody.

PhxLibertarian Republic of Dave
11/20/17 6:55 pm

I'm sorry. I went through a lot of grieving when I thought I had lost my baby. I feel for you.

11/20/17 6:55 pm

No just the opposite, women are the ones who carry the burden of pregnancy, if anything I’m saying women should have the power to decide, which is far more empowering, and not sexist at all, you on the other hand seem hostile to my proposal, and you haven’t answered why?

11/20/17 7:03 pm

Totally different, and if you can’t see that, well then you are entitled to your opinion. Again you seem so hostile to what I am saying. I guess we will just leave it at that.

11/20/17 6:02 pm

Seems you are afraid to let the women decide the issue on abortion? Hmmmm?

jenkp223 Being a mommy
11/20/17 10:21 pm

Personally, I would never have one unless my life were in danger or if the child had severe birth defects. However, I think a woman should be able to have an abortion during at least part of the first trimester, if not all of it. I don’t think any woman should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term. However, I think there are things we can do to reduce the number of abortions. First, we need to teach young people about birth control. Second, we need to make adoption easier and cheaper. I think more people would be willing to adopt, but it is prohibitively expensive for a lot of people.

11/20/17 6:09 pm

Nerv-yeah because it was ridiculous

Wert A picture of my junk
11/20/17 10:40 pm

Both. Yes. That’s a thing.

11/20/17 6:17 pm

Seems like you are also scared to let women decide the issue of abortion? Why? Hmmmm?

crazyjane New Jersey
11/20/17 9:23 pm

Respectfully disagree

11/20/17 7:36 pm

Rob, that’s what I’m saying I don’t have a dog in this fight, it’s not for me to decide, and you are correct, if I could get pregnant I would have a definite opinion! I’m glad we came to an agreement.

11/20/17 7:36 pm

Show me proof of that.

11/20/17 7:40 pm

It also says of those reported.

11/20/17 7:41 pm

You don’t have to be a dick. Geez

ReyG
11/20/17 3:57 pm

I️ totally agree!

11/20/17 5:46 pm

One innocent dies, it is not worth it! Period!

TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
11/20/17 8:46 pm

What if the mother is four years old and got pregnant because the neighbor had a party the night before and didn't use enough chlorine in the water?

NERVOSA California
11/20/17 5:52 pm

When a medical professional has spent unfathomable amount of time and money studying fetal anatomy and the humanity of a fetus as a whole, but all their work is rendered useless because he’s a male. What a stupid sentiment.

11/20/17 8:05 pm

Women are oppressed. Women in small town rural religious communities are having babies as young as 13. They are baby making machines with no education and no resources of their own. Some have been forced to marry their rapist.

NERVOSA California
11/20/17 6:05 pm

Nice argument, didn’t even address what I said. You’re a smart one, bud.

11/20/17 7:17 pm

OMG! You know that is not what I meant! Come on!

11/20/17 7:18 pm

NERV-ok, just don’t understand your hostility.

11/20/17 8:18 pm

In fact, more than 167,000 young people age 17 and under married in 38 states between 2000 and 2010, according to a search of available marriage license data by a group called Unchained at Last, which aims to ban child marriage. The search turned up cases of 12-year-old girls married in Alaska, Louisiana and South Carolina, while other states simply had categories of “14 and younger.”

www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/opinion/sunday/it-was-forced-on-me-child-marriage-in-the-us.amp.html

...

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/20/17 6:27 pm

@robmosher agree with most of that. Following your profile now.

PhxLibertarian Republic of Dave
11/20/17 7:38 pm

Read the article you cited. It is right there in black and white.

I hate when people cite articles and just assume it will support their position because they assume they are right.

Mackinaw Wolverine State, est.1837
11/21/17 1:06 am

Pro life, to preserve the right to life of the child.

11/20/17 9:58 pm

I’m not a social justice warrior. You clearly don’t understand the definition.

PhxLibertarian Republic of Dave
11/20/17 5:48 pm

Probably not. The vast majority of abortions are performed for young, unwed, poor women. The wealthy have other options. Even if a well off woman isn't capable of raising the child, other members of her well off family do not suffer a financial hardship by stepping in to raise the child

ReyG
11/20/17 6:54 pm

You’re right!!! That’s good that I️t worked out for you!!!