FemmeAdamWest October 21st, 2014 7:42pm

Inspired by cowboy: It's been said that doctors performing sex change operations are only fighting the symptoms of something instead of working to find the cure. Lets say there is no cure. Would you be okay with the operations then?

Kay41 the Midwest
10/21/14 1:03 pm

I am in favor of the operations now. I see them as essential for some.

10/21/14 12:54 pm

As Abolitionist once said, "anything inspired by cowboy is usually fucking stupid".

Kay41 the Midwest
10/21/14 2:32 pm

those that are different from you and that fears manifests itself into hatred and unacceptance. You and I may never really understand the mental anguish these people go through, but we can still love them as we would any other human who has not done

DoCiDuLi
10/21/14 12:57 pm

Why the fuc k does it bother you what someone does with their own body?

Kay41 the Midwest
10/21/14 2:30 pm

And that is where we differ. Science does not say they are mentally "deranged" nor does it say that they are harming society in any way. Most are good hearted people who are contributing members of society like you and I. I think you sometimes fear

Kay41 the Midwest
10/21/14 2:34 pm

us any wrong. Cowboy, I would never ask you to say you are OK with the procedure if you aren't. I would just ask that you open your heart to accepting them as people, people who want to be loved like anyone else and live their lives happily.

DoCiDuLi
10/21/14 1:19 pm

Don't lower your mentality to cowboys.
If altering the body is the best way of treating these people, at this time, they shouldn't be shamed.

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/21/14 2:19 pm

Inspired by cowboy: everyone who didn't vote the same way I did is a communist.

Kay41 the Midwest
10/21/14 2:23 pm

I just don't agree with you on this, Cowboy. I believe that anyone who would take the steps to go through the operation and the or pre and post-op treatment are at a point in their lives that it is necessary to their well being. They also need to

Kay41 the Midwest
10/21/14 2:23 pm

continue mental health treatment too. I just don't think that you and I will ever agree on this issue.

10/21/14 12:46 pm

Your use of transphobic slurs makes you appear transphobic, not your hate of a transperson.

The same as a white man using racial slurs against a black man- it's not racist for him to hate a black man; it's racist for him to use racial slurs.

10/21/14 12:47 pm

Nope. A better cure is using transphobic slurs against them, as Jesus would!

DoCiDuLi
10/21/14 12:48 pm

If it stops them from suicide attempts of course I am.

WildRice With a side of sass
10/21/14 12:53 pm

I'm not gonna lie after reading that this poll was inspired by cowboy I was afraid to read on...

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/21/14 4:18 pm

Cowboy and education in the same sentence? .....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

*grasps for air*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/21/14 1:15 pm

Absolutely. There is nothing wrong with needing a sex change operation. Sometimes chromosomes get scrambled. People that require a sex change start showing opposite gender preference around four or so. And identifying with the other gender.

10/21/14 1:27 pm

Ehh, I don't think he is, really.

10/21/14 1:40 pm

I never said others didn't find it funny. Obviously I meant *I* didn't find it funny. if cowboy's sense of humor were the standard for comedy, we'd be fucked.

10/21/14 12:49 pm

I didn't say transphobic slurs were the same as racist slurs. I said transphobic slurs imply transphobia the same way racial slurs imply racism.

I know reading comprehension is hard sometimes

cowboy Here and There
10/21/14 2:16 pm

Of course not. It's inhuman to butcher the mentally disturbed and those "doctors" that do, should have their licenses pulled for violating the Hippocratic oath.

JennaF sunflower state of mind
10/21/14 5:17 pm

Is getting your wisdom teeth removed mutilation?

10/21/14 1:32 pm

Was it ever funny?

aj1545 Cat Lady
10/21/14 1:39 pm

@drooski- yeah, agree. I can't really think he's funny after he said I was responsible for being raped and a coward for not reporting the second one. This trolling really isn't funny. How about we earnestly discuss some of these issues instead?

Kay41 the Midwest
10/21/14 2:39 pm

I know what it is called. But "deranged" is no where in the diagnosis. Just let them be themselves and be happy. A child who talks or interacts with a transgendered person will not be harmed in anyway.

10/21/14 12:53 pm

Words of mine, yes. Taken out of context, yes.

It's okay, man, we can work through this. One syllable at a time, if that's what it takes.

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/21/14 3:09 pm

I'm confused. What would the "cure" be? What do they think the problem is? Scientific evidence simply does not support the proposition that being born with certain genitalia aligns terribly well with assorted markers of identity that are culturally

10/21/14 2:09 pm

why do you keep saying "the people have spoken"? The demographics for your polls are almost exclusively white, Christian, Republican, males- that's hardly "the people".

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/21/14 3:10 pm

but not biologically linked to sex. So are they suggesting that the "problem" is merely that our culture links gender identity to arbitrary personal characteristics? I would certainly agree that this is *a* problem, but my understanding of gender

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/21/14 3:11 pm

dysphoria is that it is far more complicated than - and has actual neurologically unique components distinct from - simply being a very "masculine" female or a very "feminine" male.

JennaF sunflower state of mind
10/21/14 6:52 pm

Not true at all. Is the life of someone getting their wisdom teeth taken out in danger? No. Is the procedure sometimes medically necessary? Yes.

JennaF sunflower state of mind
10/21/14 5:27 pm

It is, by definition. But it is sometimes medically necessary, no? And that justifies it, no? Does the same not apply here? Is a mental ailment different from a physical ailment in this case?

DoCiDuLi
10/21/14 3:59 pm

Hmm.. I'm sure you are educated in the field to make such bold statements.
Tell me about your education.

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/21/14 4:01 pm

So dealing with challenges, in your opinion, means not taking action to improve your situation?

10/21/14 1:37 pm

If anyone likes fucked up and dark humor, it's me. But the fucked up and dark humor has to be humorous, not just fucked up and dark.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
10/21/14 2:43 pm

I'm totally okay with anyone doing whatever the hell they want to do as long as they are not non-consensually harming others. I don't understand why people get so hung up on what other people are doing.

DoCiDuLi
10/21/14 12:56 pm

Those kinds of treatments haven't worked. Unless you think keeping them so doped up they can't function is good treatment.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/21/14 12:58 pm

That's not what droo said or meant. I don't know why you're twisting his words just to cause an argument. There's arguments to be had all over this place without taking things out of context to do it.

10/21/14 1:58 pm

Transfolk are comparable to kleptomaniacs and rape victims are cowards for not reporting? Well, damn, when did you become the expert on 15th century pyschology?

firefly5 the verse
10/21/14 2:00 pm

maybe these are the humors that I was hearing about.

aj1545 Cat Lady
10/21/14 2:09 pm

Interesting you don't think it's an abusive cops fault. I also think it's scary that you lack so much understanding of reactions to rape while dealing with it directly as a cop. This my friends, is why people like me keep our mouths shut.

10/21/14 2:13 pm

Nemacyst, like political, is another ScottyDoesNo/cowboy parrot. Don't blame him; he just needs a group to fit in.

aj1545 Cat Lady
10/21/14 2:15 pm

Oh I know nemacyst, you'd be 100% rational and capable of fighting a cop right after being raped, go on, I'm sure you'd be quite the hero.

10/21/14 2:15 pm

lol are you implying I take only liberal arts classes er sumthin? I'm a Biochem major. Regardless, I don't need liberal arts classes not to be an uneducated dumbass. The irony is Criminal Justice is technically liberal arts...

cowboy Here and There
10/21/14 2:17 pm

It hurts our society. Think of the children.

firefly5 the verse
10/21/14 2:19 pm

and I as a physicist.

firefly5 the verse
10/21/14 1:25 pm

profound, Nem. you're better than this.

firefly5 the verse
10/21/14 2:21 pm

you said she has no one to blame but herself. I'm saying the guy who raped her is someone who just may be to blame. call me old-fashioned, but I don't think he's excused.

10/21/14 2:23 pm

Google "Criminal Justice" degree, and you'll find virtually every university organizes the major into their College of Liberal Arts.

Look, I'm not down-playing your degree- just pointing out the irony of you hating on liberal arts when your major

10/21/14 2:24 pm

is, in fact, a liberal arts degree.

JennaF sunflower state of mind
10/21/14 4:39 pm

Yes. I see it as a necessary medical procedure.