Show Of Hands June 27th, 2012 12:00am

Have you ever had a fire threaten, damage, or destroy your home?

KathrynRose
06/28/12 8:30 am

Threaten. We had to evacuate, but the fire ended up not really getting close to our house.

cowboy Doors of Perception
06/28/12 8:13 am

Short in the attic. Gutted the whole second floor. Then my grandpa and my uncles restored the house and me and brother got new bedrooms and a play room.

cowboy Doors of Perception
06/28/12 8:11 am

When I was a kid. Me, my brother and my mom were eating lunch at the dinning room table and heard noises from upstairs. My mom asked me, being the oldest, to check it out. I climbed the stair case and when I got to the landing I saw the whole second floor in flames. It was started by an electrical

DemGuy
06/28/12 7:52 am

Propane tank exploded, took out a chunk of the siding and most of our deck.

chrismisen atlanta
06/28/12 7:35 am

yep. house burned down when i was 3 when the stove was left on when we were out. but it was rebuilt.

katniss Dallas, TX
06/28/12 7:22 am

Wow the independent poll! Maybe because many of them might be older?

wearetheworld Illinois
06/28/12 6:43 am

Yep. Exactly one year ago yesterday. Lost everything. Four in the morning. Couldnt even go into the house to see the damage. Rebuilt though.

pietsch Another Adoring Fan
06/28/12 6:39 am

My mom accidentally set our house on fire twice when I was a kid. Once, grease on the stove that she forgot about and once by leaving beehives (of all things) on top of the wood stove, then starting a fire. Whew! What childhood memories!

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
06/28/12 6:37 am

from things burning in the kitchen with smellable smoke, but no fire.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
06/28/12 6:37 am

You could say it's been threatened a few times. Car on fire in the driveway (faulty wiring on a new part), fish on fire in the oven, popcorn on fire on the stove, yeah… Glad we have fire extinguishers. Without those it would have been bye-bye to the house(s). Not to mention plenty of false alarms…

smileyface
06/28/12 6:29 am

First! And no but a friend did:(