squish
12/27/12 9:10 pm

Brrrrrr, are you honestly trying to say only big dogs bite and are therefore, savages?? That's a horrifically ignorant statement, if so.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
12/27/12 8:50 pm

my cat bites sometimes, but I can't say I've actually been bitten by a dog. it's totally not the same. cats have sharper teeth, but they are smaller and don't bite nearly as hard as dogs.

barbar
12/27/12 8:46 pm

Once at 5 by 2 dogs and then again by 3 when I was 10. Couldn't sit down for over a month. Bites were in places that they couldn't do stitches I was scared of big dogs for the longest time. Now I have 2 rots

AKYF
12/27/12 8:37 pm

Also a human...

AKYF
12/27/12 8:34 pm

Dog, Mosquitos, bees, squirrels, birds, even a wild coyote once. Yes I've been bitten.

andreamsm
12/27/12 8:09 pm

I break out into a cold sweat and my heart racesnwhenever I encounter an unleashed. dog. I can still seenthat growling face charging at me when I was 7 years old. keep your dogs leashed please!

gonk In a psychology textbook
12/27/12 7:51 pm

Seriously, who hasn't been bitten by a dog??? I've been bitten by cats, dogs, squirrels, mice, spiders, kids, lol, you name it... Weirdos who've never been bitten... :/

Burntwaffle VA Politics and Pie
12/27/12 7:46 pm

43% OF PEOPLE HAVE NEVER HAD A CHILDHOOD!

silverado
12/27/12 7:12 pm

I've only been bitten by small breed dogs. The larger breeds have actually been the most behaved.

drheadman Nowhere in Particular...
12/27/12 7:11 pm

Had a pit bull damn near tear my nose off after it lunged at my son. I had to break its neck to make it stop. Good old plastic surgery made it look like it never happened.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
12/27/12 7:09 pm

Annie what do you get when you breed a bulldog and a shih tzu?

engltchr
12/27/12 7:07 pm

Interestingly, I consider myself more of a cat person.

engltchr
12/27/12 7:06 pm

Mom says the dog had me by the head and was shaking me like a rattle. She freaked; daddy got the broom. The dog was gone the next day. I was at crawling age, so I don't remember anything. There's a nasty scar under my right eye - apparently that's where the dog clamped down.

woodeneye
12/27/12 7:04 pm

Several times, I work in the delivery business

JanuaryLove
12/27/12 6:59 pm

Forgive my ignorance if this is obvious, but what would be the benefit in chasing a dog?

satiricalnick meh
12/27/12 6:38 pm

Everyone who owns a big dog will be required to go through a "Dog safety class" as well.

satiricalnick meh
12/27/12 6:30 pm

Some people, i swear. Dont let your dog dominate you! If your dog bites people, it is the master, and you are the pack member. Need to know how dogs work people, jeez.

Brrrrrrrrr
12/27/12 6:17 pm

Obviously we must now legislate dog control, as 57% of Americans have been bitten by the savages. Ban the sale of big dogs and everyone who is already in possession of a big dog must register with the state.

RGirl
12/27/12 6:05 pm

My sisters Jackchi. That thing is like a mini devil????

liberalD Massachusetts
12/27/12 5:59 pm

Yes an its a strange story,.., i was walking down the street 2 years ago at like 9pm and this weird ass dog started chasing me. It bit me, i hit it in the nose. It fell to the ground and i saw it was badly injurd so i brought it to the vet. He was starving, sick, etc. so i took him in. I love my dog

lastjedi Florida, US
12/27/12 5:53 pm

In the crotch by my boxer/greyhound. The next day my mom made me chase him like 5 miles. No joke. And must I repeat this dog was half greyhound?!

HotPink8
12/27/12 5:50 pm

Yes, but it was a Chihuahua lol

iJake Colorado
12/27/12 5:45 pm

A freaking Great Dane! My friends and I were at a trailer park(yeah I know) and the dog was chained up. Some tobacco spittin' fatty told me to pet him and he bit my butt! My friends high tailed it into the woods and I had a k-9 sized butt bruise.

PizzaRules
12/27/12 5:20 pm

YES! LET'S BAN ALL DOGS!!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/27/12 5:15 pm

Moose was a 35-lb. Cocker Spaniel and his lower spine was hurting. He tried to jump up on the waterbed and only made it halfway, with his hips hanging off. He was howling in pain as I reached to help him. He grabbed my hand - with his mouth, of course. Bite got infected. All turned out fine. :)

kjos PNW
12/27/12 5:11 pm

I would have curb-stomped them both.

kjos PNW
12/27/12 5:10 pm

I swear to this day my dog was demon possessed. 'Tiffany.' Darn little cockapoo. Chased me through my house when I was younger and I had to jump on the washer and dryer to get away. Also, I was probably 6 and I know for a fact it was my fault. She hated me. Then she grew blind and deaf and died.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
12/27/12 4:31 pm

I LOVE my toy Poodle!!! ???? We have always had small poodles, but I will admit that they are either super sweet, but protective or hateful as can be, so you have to be careful when selecting one.

robolds Initiative
12/27/12 4:19 pm

No dogs in Mississippi?

wheresDent The Lower Dakota
12/27/12 4:04 pm

Yep. Yellow lab, chomped down on my freaking face.

38special
12/27/12 3:37 pm

Yes, by my aunt's poodle. Vicious little dog. Every time you walked in the house, it attacked. Give me a dog that weighs more than 60 lbs. any day. Toy breeds are horrible.

producto
12/27/12 3:31 pm

By the family dog when I was 3 or 4. It was a Chow.

mjohn620
12/27/12 3:15 pm

Yep. Was bitten on the hand by a dog when I was about ten years old. Needed stitches and didn't get them so I still have scars on top and palm of my hand. I believe that dog went to live on a "farm"... :-/

misspit114
12/27/12 3:12 pm

Peacefullife I'm glad to see a fellow pitbull owner/supporter. At my previous jobs (shelter and dog trainer) I requested to work solely with this breed. They truly are the best!

Lumineer
12/27/12 3:12 pm

By a very small puppy, yes. Still have the scar.

prterri
12/27/12 2:55 pm

Only dog to ever bite me from aggression was a chihuahua. The owner laughed as I stood there bleeding a over the place. I smacked the dog (not hard) and the owner yelled at me! Worst dog owner ever!

peacefullife Land of Moss
12/27/12 2:19 pm

My pit bull has never bitten out of aggression. She bit me once while playing (again, 100% my fault), but immediately, without being asked, let go, stopped playing, & cowered - like she knew she had done something wrong. I've retrieved countless "food" objects from her mouth too.

peacefullife Land of Moss
12/27/12 2:17 pm

100% my fault. That's what I get for retrieving something edible from the mouth of a 140# dog! It may not be English, but dogs will clearly tell you they aren't happy with the situation before they bite. It may only be 1/4 second warning, but you'll be warned.

JT78 baton rouge
12/27/12 2:09 pm

You mean they're.

halsnobordrgrl CT
12/27/12 1:57 pm

ya, by my Oma's German Shepard when I was 5 or 6. on the arm. still love german shepards, maybe its bite injected some love in me

AnnieM The Island
12/27/12 1:35 pm

In my teen years I took to using sleeves and bracelets to cover the scars because I got sick of people asking when I'd tried to kill myself since the scars kind of criss-cross over my wrist.
Even my school counselor didn't believe me and tried to convince my dad I needed severe help.

AnnieM The Island
12/27/12 1:32 pm

I still have scars on my arm from my nanny's (she was like a grandma that happened to not be related by blood to us) kittens biting & scratching me when I was 5 or 6. She was trying to get us to help her tame them but they were in that awful, ornery kitten phase.

AnnieM The Island
12/27/12 1:25 pm

to this day (almost 5 years later) it still breaks my heart to remember how damaged he was.

AnnieM The Island
12/27/12 1:24 pm

jump, then lunge & bite my arm. He never even broke my skin, and as soon as he realized where he was & what happened he'd whimper, then curl up in my lap to fall back asleep.
It didn't take long for him to feel safe with us and stop having those nightmares, but…

AnnieM The Island
12/27/12 1:24 pm

I also got bit a few times by my cocker spaniel. We got him from a shelter when he was 3-ish years old & I'm 99.9% sure he was beaten on a regular basis by his previous owner(s). The first 2 weeks he was home he had nightmares that made him snarl & howl in his sleep. When I'd gently wake him he'd…