rebelfury76 October 14th, 2013 12:14am

People should be forced to see a doctor and receive treatment if they become ill.

Cole12 ...
10/13/13 5:16 pm

You'd have to be king of the statists to say yes to something like this.

Cole12 ...
10/13/13 5:38 pm

A Dem from Colorado says yes...how predictable.

magnum
10/13/13 6:40 pm

Aren't republicans the ones keeping people alive on life support?

EarlyBird Portland
10/13/13 5:52 pm

Heck no! No one should be forced to get medical treatment. No one should be forced to live if they want to die. My body, my decisions!

magnum
10/13/13 5:29 pm

I think people should have the right to dispatch you zombie style then.

10/13/13 5:30 pm

You're a husband and father, would you really and truly rather die than see a doctor if what you have can be fairly easily treated? I don't think anybody should force you to go if you really and truly would rather die but wouldn't you rather be able to see your kids graduate college and get married and throw their first baseball etc?

kscott516 Masks fail
10/13/13 6:25 pm

It's not up to you, it's up to the Dems

10/13/13 5:40 pm

Oh and I totally agree with the natural route. I have arthritis and scoliosis and fibrosis in my neck and back and I am constantly in pain but I refuse to be a slave to opiates or even Advil for that matter. Heat is more effective than those drugs and far healthier

EarlyBird Portland
10/13/13 6:43 pm

Magnum- yes, indeed they are. Dems are the ones forcing healthcare on me.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
10/13/13 7:21 pm

By poor people do you mean the ones who refuse to work and were in hysterics yesterday when they couldn't use their EBT's to buy food then tweeted about this on their i phones and mac pros?

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
10/13/13 5:29 pm

No. If it's some superbug, you're not going to know until you're already gone, and then the CDC will just have to find who patient zero was...
...and they probably picked up at the hospital in the first place.

10/13/13 5:58 pm

That's great. Sadly most people don't know the amazing effects of swimming. It's the best workout you could possibly do for your body. I really want to visit France. After I finish learning Spanish I'm going to be learning French :-)

10/13/13 5:36 pm

My body becomes immune to just about anything I take or it treats the medicine as a poison to my body. So I have to be really careful about what meds a take. If there's a way to naturally treat it I will do that first.

cowboy Dawns Highway
10/14/13 3:49 pm

That is ridiculous. Of course not. People have different beliefs. The Government has no right to do that.

10/13/13 5:37 pm

But I do understand what you're saying. I would just prefer to try a natural cure first even if it takes longer to heal because of the way my body reacts.

10/13/13 5:38 pm

Hahaha that's awesome. We know who to look for when the zombies start walking.

Porcupine
10/13/13 5:47 pm

You can be kept at home.

Porcupine
10/13/13 5:47 pm

Besides, what kind of apocalyptic infection are you imagining?

EarlyBird Portland
10/13/13 6:48 pm

Exactly what I don't want to hear.

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
10/13/13 6:49 pm

Or don't accept their mystery inoculations.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 8:51 pm

kscott - where are you getting your information?

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 8:54 pm

You know - if my government were in shutdown - like this one is - and I used my EBT to feed my kids - I would be a bit worried when it didn't work. I saw one of my employees (BTW - these are full time employee who receive benefits at a state

kscott516 Masks fail
10/13/13 9:20 pm

They're not. I was making a wisecrack remark.

10/13/13 6:54 pm

They're forcing you to see doctors? I just thought they were trying to help poor people acquire health insurance and access to health care. But if somebody is forcing you to see a doctor then he or she deserves a b*tchslap for sure!

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 8:57 pm

Job and STILL need SNAP assistance because preschool doesn't pay well) when they told me about the EBT cards not working I was desperately trying to figure out how I would be able to help my employees and the families we serve.

10/13/13 5:56 pm

Thank you, I missed my life! I certainly did have fun so at least it was an enjoyable time rather than a crappy one. You're doing the right thing with waiting. My mom needed her spinal fusion 7 years before she did it and she was able to hold it off by swimming every day. Thankfully the operation had changed completely by the time she did it otherwise she would still be refusing to do it

10/13/13 5:59 pm

It used to be a 12 hour procedure, it wasn't guaranteed to work at all, you had to stay in the hospital for a month or two, you couldn't walk for 6 months to a year, there was a high risk of going blind from the operation and a few other things I can't remember.a year before she did it they had come up with a new way to do it and it is now done lapriscically

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 8:58 pm

Not once did it cross my mind that that had a cell phone - considering I know that they live in sub livable housing and do not have cars in a town with completely inadequate public transportation

10/13/13 6:00 pm

and it took 4 hours, she was back home within 4 days, she was walking within 2 days and she was driving within 3 months as opposed to a year or 2. But have tried swimming? It helps me tremendously, it just works.

10/13/13 5:31 pm

Ok here's a question for you, let's say you have something highly contagious and lethal; would you rather not see a doctor just because while putting your wife and kids in danger of also dying from the illness just to avoid seeing a doctor?

10/13/13 6:01 pm

That's scary. I won't be taking that risk any time soon. Untill it gets to where I can't work and walk I will be waiting.

10/13/13 6:03 pm

I would swim but I don't have a pool yet or a pond. And I don't swim in the ocean. To risky at the beaches. I swam a lot while I was growing up and I miss it.

10/13/13 5:35 pm

Honestly I don't know what I would do. But I would most likely break down and get treatment. It's just I see all of these meds and they have so many side effects and I'm also allergic to a lot of medicine. And OTC meds no longer work on me

10/13/13 6:06 pm

Well good luck with dealing with the pain, I know that some days are just impossible to deal with but it sounds like you have a system to work around the pain. And don't let any doctors talk you into any operations that you aren't absolutely willing to do.w acting for more options is also smart because they are constantly developing new techniques to improve our choices

susanr Colorado
10/13/13 7:31 pm

Going to a doctor isn't all about taking medication. What if you had appendicitis? You're rather die than have what's often a laparoscopic surgery & go home the next day?

10/13/13 9:05 pm

Susan that's a life or death thing. It would take that for me to go to the doctor. But I would wait as long as I could before I go. Honestly I probably wouldn't go untill it was to late. My wife would make me before I got that bad though.

10/13/13 6:07 pm

Have you heard of this Radio-frequency Ablation thing they're doing now? I'm thinking about doing it, I'm still in the process of researching the details and possible side effects. It doesn't fix the problem, but it makes the pain go away. If I end up doing it, I'll let you know what happens

10/13/13 5:38 pm

I agree with the side effects issue, oftentimes the side effects are significantly worse than whatever it is you needed the meds for,it's crazy! And I also think that too many people real out about a sneeze and go to the doctor for "ailments" that really don't require a thousand dollar doctors visit. I was just curious if you felt that adamantly about seeing a Doctor in an actual crisis type of medical situation

10/13/13 6:09 pm

Oh and it isn't surgical, they do it in an office visit in twenty minutes

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 9:05 pm

I'm supposed to get a life because I want to know where you got your information? Or because I care about my employees??

10/13/13 5:18 pm

I said no however if you have something that is highly contagious and could hurt other people then I might not be so quick to say no.

10/13/13 6:10 pm

No I haven't heard of that before. But please let me know. It was great talking with you again.

10/13/13 6:13 pm

Always a pleasure, we have to keep our nautical friends close! And I'll let you know if I do it a digit works. If it is as great as it sounds then that would be just perfect! I don't even know what it means to not have pain anymore. Everts second of my life from the time I was 12 or 13 has hurt

10/13/13 5:45 pm

Very true. I know some of your pain. My l4 and l5 vertebras are bone on bone. There's no tissue left between them. I've been told many times I need surgery to fix them but I don't trust doctors enough to mess with my spine. I'm in constant pain

10/13/13 5:47 pm

And pain pills have very little effect on me anymore. I just try to sleep in the right positions and put heat on it when it gets real bad. It sucks because I work a hard labor job so I feel the pain a lot while I'm working and while I'm sleeping.

10/13/13 5:47 pm

I also try to keep my abs and lower back muscles real strong to ease the pain and honestly it's a big help.

kscott516 Masks fail
10/13/13 9:13 pm

"It's not up to you, it's up to the Dems"

This statement? You want to know where I got this information? Seriously?

10/13/13 5:48 pm

Btw where have you been lately? I haven't seen you around much. Kinda started to wonder about you.

10/13/13 5:48 pm

Don't let them mess with your spine. My mom had almost the exact same problem and had back surgery 20 years ago, because of that surgery her back was so fûcked up that she could barely do anything at all, she couldn't lift anything weighing more than a pound, she could barely walk or sit without being in excruciating, pain,