rebelfury76 October 14th, 2013 12:14am

People should be forced to see a doctor and receive treatment if they become ill.

cowboy Hosanna
10/14/13 3:49 pm

That is ridiculous. Of course not. People have different beliefs. The Government has no right to do that.

LilL44 Stuck In Suburbia
10/13/13 9:24 pm

The doctor would be my new best friend in that case.

websterwall love and tolerate
10/13/13 5:52 pm

The government has to take care of it property.

Porcupine
10/13/13 6:47 pm

They are suggesting that we are human resources, i.e., government property that the government has a vested interest in protecting. That is an argument used in the military to prosecute you if you injure yourself, apparently.

EarlyBird Portland
10/13/13 6:48 pm

Exactly what I don't want to hear.

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
10/13/13 6:49 pm

Or don't accept their mystery inoculations.

EarlyBird Portland
10/13/13 5:52 pm

Heck no! No one should be forced to get medical treatment. No one should be forced to live if they want to die. My body, my decisions!

kscott516 EB rules
10/13/13 6:25 pm

It's not up to you, it's up to the Dems

magnum
10/13/13 6:40 pm

Aren't republicans the ones keeping people alive on life support?

EarlyBird Portland
10/13/13 6:43 pm

Magnum- yes, indeed they are. Dems are the ones forcing healthcare on me.

10/13/13 6:54 pm

They're forcing you to see doctors? I just thought they were trying to help poor people acquire health insurance and access to health care. But if somebody is forcing you to see a doctor then he or she deserves a b*tchslap for sure!

chickencookie It really is
10/13/13 7:21 pm

By poor people do you mean the ones who refuse to work and were in hysterics yesterday when they couldn't use their EBT's to buy food then tweeted about this on their i phones and mac pros?

10/13/13 8:04 pm

Dude, seriously? You don't have to be homeless or destitute to be poor. And that wasn't even the point of my comment, I was saying that I hadn't heard anything about forcing people to see doctors and asking if that's really happening.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 8:51 pm

kscott - where are you getting your information?

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 8:54 pm

You know - if my government were in shutdown - like this one is - and I used my EBT to feed my kids - I would be a bit worried when it didn't work. I saw one of my employees (BTW - these are full time employee who receive benefits at a state

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 8:57 pm

Job and STILL need SNAP assistance because preschool doesn't pay well) when they told me about the EBT cards not working I was desperately trying to figure out how I would be able to help my employees and the families we serve.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 8:58 pm

Not once did it cross my mind that that had a cell phone - considering I know that they live in sub livable housing and do not have cars in a town with completely inadequate public transportation

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 9:05 pm

I'm supposed to get a life because I want to know where you got your information? Or because I care about my employees??

kscott516 EB rules
10/13/13 9:13 pm

"It's not up to you, it's up to the Dems"

This statement? You want to know where I got this information? Seriously?

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 9:15 pm

Yes - where do you get the information that the Dems - or even Obamacare will decide when you go to the Doctor??

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 9:17 pm

It was a legitimate question - I had not heard there were mandatory check ups or anything - I was wondering if I were uninformed

kscott516 EB rules
10/13/13 9:20 pm

They're not. I was making a wisecrack remark.

Cole12 ...
10/13/13 5:38 pm

A Dem from Colorado says yes...how predictable.

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
10/13/13 5:29 pm

No. If it's some superbug, you're not going to know until you're already gone, and then the CDC will just have to find who patient zero was...
...and they probably picked up at the hospital in the first place.

10/13/13 5:38 pm

Hahaha that's awesome. We know who to look for when the zombies start walking.

10/13/13 5:21 pm

I would rather die than go to a doctor. Only reason I go is work makes me once a year.

10/13/13 5:30 pm

You're a husband and father, would you really and truly rather die than see a doctor if what you have can be fairly easily treated? I don't think anybody should force you to go if you really and truly would rather die but wouldn't you rather be able to see your kids graduate college and get married and throw their first baseball etc?

10/13/13 5:31 pm

Ok here's a question for you, let's say you have something highly contagious and lethal; would you rather not see a doctor just because while putting your wife and kids in danger of also dying from the illness just to avoid seeing a doctor?

10/13/13 5:35 pm

Honestly I don't know what I would do. But I would most likely break down and get treatment. It's just I see all of these meds and they have so many side effects and I'm also allergic to a lot of medicine. And OTC meds no longer work on me

10/13/13 5:36 pm

My body becomes immune to just about anything I take or it treats the medicine as a poison to my body. So I have to be really careful about what meds a take. If there's a way to naturally treat it I will do that first.

10/13/13 5:37 pm

But I do understand what you're saying. I would just prefer to try a natural cure first even if it takes longer to heal because of the way my body reacts.

10/13/13 5:38 pm

I agree with the side effects issue, oftentimes the side effects are significantly worse than whatever it is you needed the meds for,it's crazy! And I also think that too many people real out about a sneeze and go to the doctor for "ailments" that really don't require a thousand dollar doctors visit. I was just curious if you felt that adamantly about seeing a Doctor in an actual crisis type of medical situation

10/13/13 5:40 pm

It would honestly have to be a life or death matter and it would still be a last resort.

10/13/13 5:40 pm

Oh and I totally agree with the natural route. I have arthritis and scoliosis and fibrosis in my neck and back and I am constantly in pain but I refuse to be a slave to opiates or even Advil for that matter. Heat is more effective than those drugs and far healthier

10/13/13 5:45 pm

Very true. I know some of your pain. My l4 and l5 vertebras are bone on bone. There's no tissue left between them. I've been told many times I need surgery to fix them but I don't trust doctors enough to mess with my spine. I'm in constant pain

10/13/13 5:47 pm

And pain pills have very little effect on me anymore. I just try to sleep in the right positions and put heat on it when it gets real bad. It sucks because I work a hard labor job so I feel the pain a lot while I'm working and while I'm sleeping.

10/13/13 5:47 pm

I also try to keep my abs and lower back muscles real strong to ease the pain and honestly it's a big help.

10/13/13 5:48 pm

Btw where have you been lately? I haven't seen you around much. Kinda started to wonder about you.

10/13/13 5:48 pm

Don't let them mess with your spine. My mom had almost the exact same problem and had back surgery 20 years ago, because of that surgery her back was so fûcked up that she could barely do anything at all, she couldn't lift anything weighing more than a pound, she could barely walk or sit without being in excruciating, pain,

10/13/13 5:49 pm

She couldn't do anything and eventually had to have a spinal fusion just so she could have a life again. She wouldn't have needed the spinal fusion two years ago had she not had the back surgery when I was a kid.

10/13/13 5:51 pm

I was in France and then after I came back I had family visiting from London and Paris so my free time was cut away but I'm back for real now and I couldn't be happier!

10/13/13 5:53 pm

Oh wow. Yea my mom told me to wait as long as I possibly could before I have anything done to my back. It's just way to risky. And that's really cool I hope you enjoyed your trip and company. It's really good to have you back around.

10/13/13 5:56 pm

Thank you, I missed my life! I certainly did have fun so at least it was an enjoyable time rather than a crappy one. You're doing the right thing with waiting. My mom needed her spinal fusion 7 years before she did it and she was able to hold it off by swimming every day. Thankfully the operation had changed completely by the time she did it otherwise she would still be refusing to do it

10/13/13 5:58 pm

That's great. Sadly most people don't know the amazing effects of swimming. It's the best workout you could possibly do for your body. I really want to visit France. After I finish learning Spanish I'm going to be learning French :-)

10/13/13 5:59 pm

It used to be a 12 hour procedure, it wasn't guaranteed to work at all, you had to stay in the hospital for a month or two, you couldn't walk for 6 months to a year, there was a high risk of going blind from the operation and a few other things I can't remember.a year before she did it they had come up with a new way to do it and it is now done lapriscically

10/13/13 6:00 pm

and it took 4 hours, she was back home within 4 days, she was walking within 2 days and she was driving within 3 months as opposed to a year or 2. But have tried swimming? It helps me tremendously, it just works.

10/13/13 6:01 pm

That's scary. I won't be taking that risk any time soon. Untill it gets to where I can't work and walk I will be waiting.

10/13/13 6:03 pm

I would swim but I don't have a pool yet or a pond. And I don't swim in the ocean. To risky at the beaches. I swam a lot while I was growing up and I miss it.

10/13/13 6:06 pm

Well good luck with dealing with the pain, I know that some days are just impossible to deal with but it sounds like you have a system to work around the pain. And don't let any doctors talk you into any operations that you aren't absolutely willing to do.w acting for more options is also smart because they are constantly developing new techniques to improve our choices

10/13/13 6:07 pm

Have you heard of this Radio-frequency Ablation thing they're doing now? I'm thinking about doing it, I'm still in the process of researching the details and possible side effects. It doesn't fix the problem, but it makes the pain go away. If I end up doing it, I'll let you know what happens

10/13/13 6:09 pm

Oh and it isn't surgical, they do it in an office visit in twenty minutes

10/13/13 6:10 pm

No I haven't heard of that before. But please let me know. It was great talking with you again.

10/13/13 6:13 pm

Always a pleasure, we have to keep our nautical friends close! And I'll let you know if I do it a digit works. If it is as great as it sounds then that would be just perfect! I don't even know what it means to not have pain anymore. Everts second of my life from the time I was 12 or 13 has hurt

Ebola1 Florida
10/13/13 6:42 pm

I've had neck and back surgery and had great results.

10/13/13 6:51 pm

Were the surgeries recent or many years ago?

susanr Colorado
10/13/13 7:31 pm

Going to a doctor isn't all about taking medication. What if you had appendicitis? You're rather die than have what's often a laparoscopic surgery & go home the next day?

10/13/13 9:05 pm

Susan that's a life or death thing. It would take that for me to go to the doctor. But I would wait as long as I could before I go. Honestly I probably wouldn't go untill it was to late. My wife would make me before I got that bad though.

susanr Colorado
10/13/13 9:49 pm

I'm glad your wife would make you go.
=:-)

Ebola1 Florida
10/14/13 4:00 am

Both of my surgeries were about 10 years ago.

10/13/13 5:18 pm

I said no however if you have something that is highly contagious and could hurt other people then I might not be so quick to say no.

magnum
10/13/13 5:29 pm

I think people should have the right to dispatch you zombie style then.

Porcupine
10/13/13 5:47 pm

You can be kept at home.

Porcupine
10/13/13 5:47 pm

Besides, what kind of apocalyptic infection are you imagining?

Cole12 ...
10/13/13 5:16 pm

You'd have to be king of the statists to say yes to something like this.

10/13/13 5:19 pm

I agree and I also voted no but as I was reading it, I thought about a situation where it would make sense. If that've something highly contagious and life threatening and yet use to see a doctor then I wouldn't argue with anybody who did force you to go as you would be endangering the lives of everybody around you

Porcupine
10/13/13 5:45 pm

Or you could be quarantined at home.

Ebola1 Florida
10/13/13 6:41 pm

In China when the bird flu was first discovered (after they tried to cover it up) they quarantined a lot of people. The first guy that defied the Quarantine and left his house was shot. After that the quarantine was pretty effective.

Porcupine
10/13/13 6:52 pm

I prefer quarantine to compulsory government treatment. I think the flu hysteria borders on ridiculous.