tractorman June 8th, 2018 2:54pm

The top 1% of American families numbering about 160,000, now hold 22% of America’s wealth. This is up from just 10% in 1963. Still think the game isn’t rigged?

AnarchoCowboy Back 4 Now
06/08/18 1:29 pm

I'm not saying how much they need. Fact of the matter is they earned it and should be able to keep what they worked for. If you want a piece of the pie you need to earn it yourself. There is opportunity, you just have to find it.

06/08/18 2:33 pm

Sorry to bother you guys...y'all already drunk the capitalism Kool-Aid being handed out by those who were lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time and utilized the labor of others to get rich (see history of labor exploitation)
The game is rigged and the suckers don't even realize it😲 as they keep spinning the roulette wheel.😟

06/09/18 1:45 pm

That’s all You do is play.
I could start with inadequate prenatal care, up through poor nutrition, on to bad day care, into horrible schools, up through rampant prejudice and sexism, but you don’t care. You’re like trump and compassion and empathy are foreign to your thought processes. Not you fault cause you probably were born that way...

ladyniner81 I need chocolate
06/10/18 11:57 am

The Middle Class is dead, the American Dream is dead, the only way you can be one of the 1% is if you're lucky and rich (some are there from inheritance aka Trump, the Waltons, if Dave Thomas's family still owns Wendy's etc)

06/09/18 5:34 am

Anarcho... that’s a simple answer to a complex question, pretty much a cop out in any discussion

AnarchoCowboy Back 4 Now
06/09/18 1:57 pm

They are not being forced to work for a low wage! It's still they're choice. If it was that bad a deal, they would not choose to work for Nike or whoever it be.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
06/08/18 12:19 pm

Come up with an idea, work hard and market it.

The outcomes in life are not equal because the work put into it is not equal. Yes, there are people who inherit fortunes. Many of the wealthy today, did not. They worked their asses off. They reap the reward.

06/08/18 8:44 pm

Russian, I’m the CEO of a small company🤫

RussianThunder Russia and USA
06/08/18 12:21 pm

If you have a great idea, investors will support you. Again, it takes hard work.

Sitting home and playing video games all day is not going to earn you any money.

AnarchoCowboy Back 4 Now
06/09/18 3:38 pm

That job is still a good deal if it affords them life. If I were starving (on the verge of death) and had nobody to provide for me, I would love to have that job. Does that mean I will be content with it forever, no, but for now it is still a good deal.

06/14/18 8:15 am

A common commentary, “If I can do it then everyone else can”. Congratulations on being one of the small percentage of poor who have the opportunity to work their way out of poverty. It does happen but I’m sure you can find some luck, support, help, etc. available to you that allowed you to do what you did. Everyone should have that opportunity and then if they decide to not take it, it’s on them. That time isn’t nearly here yet for the working poor.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
06/09/18 2:32 pm

Anarcho.....I was agreeing with you until you said it’s still the kids choice.
I mean, seriously. If its 10 (ok, whatever the sign for cents is) or starve, they take the 10 cents.
I was with you right up to that statement

06/10/18 5:08 pm

Are the sins of the parents to be hung upon the child? Can’t you see that they start off life with 2 strikes against them which questions your assertions that WWE all have an equal opportunity? That’s all I’m saying, that sometimes a little help would make things a bit more fair but you guys just want to punish them for being disadvantaged. How that help anything (assuming you care about helping others)?

RussianThunder Russia and USA
06/08/18 2:10 pm

I suspect your attitude alone would keep you off the millionaires list. Nothing will be handed to you.

mark4
06/14/18 1:19 pm

You want to congratulate the others I mentioned too?
Got time to castigate the poor and will be?

06/10/18 2:05 pm

Oh MY GOD! You actually think that a child
Is at fault for those things? How stuck in your grumpy conservative right wing, grunge ideology are you?

mark4
06/14/18 3:26 am

And so I repeat.

Every one of the rich people I’ve ever known started out really poor but were determined to do better. I’m not rich, but very comfortable and I began as one of the hungry poor, doing so much better now that I feel rich. I still know a number of the very poor and it is their mindset that keeps them that way, breeding new generations who think the same, envious rather than productive, resentful rather than ambitious.

06/10/18 8:37 pm

Stones, don’t know what you have been reading in our conversation but it’s obvious you are attempting to not understand so I’ll stop wasting my time...bye

06/11/18 9:35 am

Look around you! For the most part, with a few exceptions used as the norm by the right-wingers, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Check some stats on the possibility % of the poor’s kids climbing out of poverty. Seems that shows it’s rigged for the privileged to succeed, the non privileged to fail.

06/09/18 8:06 pm

The Cato institute would never fudge or misrepresent stats, would they?
There are lies, damn lies, and then statistics

06/08/18 1:37 pm

“Equal Opportunity”
What you been smokin’ bro?
Let’s play Monopoly and you get the purples and light blue and I get the rest and we have “equal opportunity”. Hope you don’t think casinos offer equal opportunity of winning to everyone, you’ll be broke even tho someone wins the jackpot occasionally..

06/09/18 3:15 pm

These are the same families with very little movement in the last 30-40 years

06/11/18 9:44 am

Stones, when you can prove to me that a little black kid born in a Baltimore, Chicago,
New York ghetto, a little white kid born in Appalachia, a little Hispanic kid born in LA, or a Native American kid born on the reservation has the same opportunities as a white kid born in Beverly Hills, Manhattan, or any other affluent community, then we can discuss the Great American Myth of equality.