PartyJustin November 4th, 2013 7:25pm

Which do you believe is a more effective use of your vote, voting against a major party candidate you dislike or for a third party candidate you do like?

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/05/13 10:53 am

Any time I get the chance to vote for a candidate I truly support, that is where my vote will go. Assuming that candidate us an independent, and not a member of a "third party" with an unsupportable platform. The vote against is a last resort.

polster2 US
11/05/13 10:24 am

A third party candidate just splits the vote and makes it easier for one of the major party candidates to win. Just look at the Virginia gubernatorial race.

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
11/05/13 9:15 am

Voting should be about optimism - a vision for a better society.

"Blocking" a candidate stems from fear, fear leads to hate, and hate leads to the Dark Side.

EarlyBird Portland
11/05/13 7:32 am

Normally I'd say vote for but last election, I voted against.

Torfin Never Behind
11/05/13 3:23 am

So far I have only ever seen 1 3rd party candidate that I would have considered voting for and he wussed-out so when he tried to come back later it was far too late.

Torfin Never Behind
11/05/13 3:24 am

Oh yea..for those that do not know that was Ross Perot.

zman117 Ohio
11/04/13 10:22 pm

I honestly don't know, something that I have a tough time with and will probably continue to.

I mean when you really think about it though, is it really possible to have a candida that you agree with 100% of the time?

zman117 Ohio
11/04/13 10:23 pm

Let alone a major candidate? Now it's different for people like me that don't feel associated with either of the two parties. But think about it, a major candidate has to get a lot of support. To do that he/she is bound to have some views different

zman117 Ohio
11/04/13 10:25 pm

Than your own.

Besides, I almost think that if you agree completely with a candidate than can you really be thinking for yourself? Maybe every once in awhile there is a fluke candidate that you do, but not likely.

zman117 Ohio
11/04/13 10:28 pm

Ok I'm rambling, and honestly don't know where I was going. (Hey it's late!)

I will leave it at this, it has always been this way. Is there a politician in the history of this country that you agree with completely? I sure don't know of one.

PartyJustin R.O.C.K. in the R.O.C.
11/05/13 10:15 am

I doubt I've agreed with a candidate 100%, but if that's your metric I doubt you'd ever find a candidate to vote for. I go with who I identify most with, which for me pretty much always means democrat.

PartyJustin R.O.C.K. in the R.O.C.
11/05/13 10:18 am

In all honesty though, I do sometimes wonder at people who vote third party. I understand the reason, but in most cases there's no way they'll win (for now). I guess I can only see it if you truly feel ambivalent towards the major party candidates.

Haplo2
11/04/13 1:13 pm

Neither one matters, but most people seem to only vote against a candidate anyway. I've heard/read of few people who enthusiastically agree with and support a particular candidate (rather than just the candidate's party).