PartyJustin November 4th, 2013 7:25pm

Which do you believe is a more effective use of your vote, voting against a major party candidate you dislike or for a third party candidate you do like?

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
11/05/13 9:15 am

Voting should be about optimism - a vision for a better society.

"Blocking" a candidate stems from fear, fear leads to hate, and hate leads to the Dark Side.

zman117 Ohio
11/04/13 10:28 pm

Ok I'm rambling, and honestly don't know where I was going. (Hey it's late!)

I will leave it at this, it has always been this way. Is there a politician in the history of this country that you agree with completely? I sure don't know of one.

Torfin Never Behind
11/05/13 3:24 am

Oh yea..for those that do not know that was Ross Perot.

EarlyBird Portland
11/05/13 7:32 am

Normally I'd say vote for but last election, I voted against.

zman117 Ohio
11/04/13 10:25 pm

Than your own.

Besides, I almost think that if you agree completely with a candidate than can you really be thinking for yourself? Maybe every once in awhile there is a fluke candidate that you do, but not likely.

Torfin Never Behind
11/05/13 3:23 am

So far I have only ever seen 1 3rd party candidate that I would have considered voting for and he wussed-out so when he tried to come back later it was far too late.

PartyJustin R.O.C.K. in the R.O.C.
11/05/13 10:15 am

I doubt I've agreed with a candidate 100%, but if that's your metric I doubt you'd ever find a candidate to vote for. I go with who I identify most with, which for me pretty much always means democrat.

PartyJustin R.O.C.K. in the R.O.C.
11/05/13 10:18 am

In all honesty though, I do sometimes wonder at people who vote third party. I understand the reason, but in most cases there's no way they'll win (for now). I guess I can only see it if you truly feel ambivalent towards the major party candidates.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/05/13 10:53 am

Any time I get the chance to vote for a candidate I truly support, that is where my vote will go. Assuming that candidate us an independent, and not a member of a "third party" with an unsupportable platform. The vote against is a last resort.

Haplo2
11/04/13 1:13 pm

Neither one matters, but most people seem to only vote against a candidate anyway. I've heard/read of few people who enthusiastically agree with and support a particular candidate (rather than just the candidate's party).

polster2 US
11/05/13 10:24 am

A third party candidate just splits the vote and makes it easier for one of the major party candidates to win. Just look at the Virginia gubernatorial race.

zman117 Ohio
11/04/13 10:22 pm

I honestly don't know, something that I have a tough time with and will probably continue to.

I mean when you really think about it though, is it really possible to have a candida that you agree with 100% of the time?

zman117 Ohio
11/04/13 10:23 pm

Let alone a major candidate? Now it's different for people like me that don't feel associated with either of the two parties. But think about it, a major candidate has to get a lot of support. To do that he/she is bound to have some views different