doctalk October 25th, 2013 11:47am

Sunshine01 has just decided that leaving SOH is essential to her life plan. Anyone else ever have a moment when they thought SOH takes too much of their time or focus?

fredd TrumpLand
10/25/13 4:20 pm

Yup. I've cut back a fair bit now. Still unfollowing some folks but it will be easier to judge when 3.0 comes out and you can check out someone's polls in a list.

EarlyBird Portland
10/25/13 3:57 pm

I could never give this app up. When I don't have time for it, I don't open it. I know it's always there waiting for me.

Emily33 North Carolina
10/25/13 1:29 pm

Not really. If I thought it did, I'd probably just unfollow some people so I had less questions per day

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/25/13 8:01 am

It goes in cycles. I think part of the key to keeping it fresh is being able to put it down now and then. Worst case, vote once or twice a day without opening the comments. It only takes a few minutes.

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/25/13 7:15 am

I've been feeling generally less interested in SOH lately. Am definitely less invested in it, and using unfollowing /ignoring more often to cut down on seeing mean spirited comments. Also not following new people much.

Octopus
10/25/13 7:04 am

No. SOH does take up a lot of my time and occasionally distract me from other responsibilities, but it's worth it. I learn a lot here.

icytoes the tepid north
10/25/13 6:44 am

No, but I've suddenly quit/walked out on other online things - generally games, but including Twitter - when I decided I was spending too much time on them and enjoyed them too much to just cut back.

KatG Liberal in Ohio
10/25/13 6:07 am

I guess I don't get it. I love SOH but when I have things to do, I don't open the app. I just catch up when I have free time. It doesn't control my life or interfere with my family time.

EarlyBird Portland
10/25/13 3:56 pm

But you're brand new. Just cut back a little.

SocialEvolution Florida
10/25/13 4:19 pm

It's too good :)

FollowYourBliss Never Happy, Ever After
10/25/13 5:33 am

I've had moments where some of the negatively and bigotry on here has almost caused me to quit. There are far more positive interactions on here than negative though.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/25/13 4:57 am

No, that hasn't occurred to me. If I felt SoH was taking away from my ability to perform daily tasks - I would simply scale back my usage. I would never just leave outright. SoH (mainly those on it) is an important part of my life. I couldn't leave.

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/25/13 5:04 am

You have more self control than 100 average citizens combined.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/25/13 5:55 am

Ha... If only. I reduce my commenting if I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Mattwall1
10/25/13 6:08 am

You expressed my view exactly mr L

PartyJustin R.O.C.K. in the R.O.C.
10/25/13 4:57 am

I mean, there are days when I'm getting a ridiculous amount of notifications, but I feel that it can be self-controlled. You get out what you put in, and if it's taking too much time just comment a little less and don't feel like you must respond

musicfreak Loving Life
10/25/13 4:52 am

I know this takes up a lot of my free time, however it is worth it to me. I love SoH and I will also miss sunshine01. She was a great user.