doctalk October 25th, 2013 11:47am

Sunshine01 has just decided that leaving SOH is essential to her life plan. Anyone else ever have a moment when they thought SOH takes too much of their time or focus?

KatG Liberal in Ohio
10/25/13 6:07 am

I guess I don't get it. I love SOH but when I have things to do, I don't open the app. I just catch up when I have free time. It doesn't control my life or interfere with my family time.

Emily33 North Carolina
10/25/13 1:29 pm

Not really. If I thought it did, I'd probably just unfollow some people so I had less questions per day

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/25/13 4:57 am

No, that hasn't occurred to me. If I felt SoH was taking away from my ability to perform daily tasks - I would simply scale back my usage. I would never just leave outright. SoH (mainly those on it) is an important part of my life. I couldn't leave.

Octopus
10/25/13 7:04 am

No. SOH does take up a lot of my time and occasionally distract me from other responsibilities, but it's worth it. I learn a lot here.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/25/13 5:55 am

Ha... If only. I reduce my commenting if I'm feeling overwhelmed.

SocialEvolution Florida
10/25/13 4:19 pm

It's too good :)

icytoes the tepid north
10/25/13 6:44 am

No, but I've suddenly quit/walked out on other online things - generally games, but including Twitter - when I decided I was spending too much time on them and enjoyed them too much to just cut back.

Mattwall1
10/25/13 6:08 am

You expressed my view exactly mr L

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/25/13 8:01 am

It goes in cycles. I think part of the key to keeping it fresh is being able to put it down now and then. Worst case, vote once or twice a day without opening the comments. It only takes a few minutes.

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/25/13 5:04 am

You have more self control than 100 average citizens combined.

FollowYourBliss Never Happy, Ever After
10/25/13 5:33 am

I've had moments where some of the negatively and bigotry on here has almost caused me to quit. There are far more positive interactions on here than negative though.

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/25/13 7:15 am

I've been feeling generally less interested in SOH lately. Am definitely less invested in it, and using unfollowing /ignoring more often to cut down on seeing mean spirited comments. Also not following new people much.

fredd TrumpLand
10/25/13 4:20 pm

Yup. I've cut back a fair bit now. Still unfollowing some folks but it will be easier to judge when 3.0 comes out and you can check out someone's polls in a list.

EarlyBird Portland
10/25/13 3:56 pm

But you're brand new. Just cut back a little.

EarlyBird Portland
10/25/13 3:57 pm

I could never give this app up. When I don't have time for it, I don't open it. I know it's always there waiting for me.

musicfreak Loving Life
10/25/13 4:52 am

I know this takes up a lot of my free time, however it is worth it to me. I love SoH and I will also miss sunshine01. She was a great user.

PartyJustin R.O.C.K. in the R.O.C.
10/25/13 4:57 am

I mean, there are days when I'm getting a ridiculous amount of notifications, but I feel that it can be self-controlled. You get out what you put in, and if it's taking too much time just comment a little less and don't feel like you must respond