iceberg124 November 5th, 2017 1:07am

Rand Paul's neighbor inexplicably attacked him Friday as he was mowing his lawn, Rene Brocher, the assailant is a registered Democrat who has a long history of anti-Trump/pro-Dem causes. Did he assault Rand for political reasons or something else

11/05/17 11:28 am

The FBI confirmed that the attack was politically motivated. Fucking Communists.

jlong105 Indiana
11/05/17 8:33 pm

Antifa revolution has begun

11/05/17 9:10 pm

It started when they tried to murder Republican Congressmen on that baseball diamond.

JackTorS SOH Flounder
11/05/17 10:21 am

Democrats are still howling in pain in their safe spaces from the election, but there’s no evidence to indicate that this retired dentist attacked Paul for purely political reasons.
They were neighbors. There’s a hundred other reasons besides politics for neighbors to have at each other.

11/05/17 12:47 pm

Is there another reason a hateful cowardly Communist would attack a Republican U.S. Senator from behind while mowing his lawn? What would that be?

11/05/17 7:15 am

Evil hateful Communists won’t quit. Rand Paul was at the baseball diamond that crazy white Communist opened fire at.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/05/17 7:09 am

I can’t believe Rand was mowing his own yard

11/05/17 11:51 am

Why not? He thought he was safe from the hateful evil uneducated Communists in his gated community. No one is safe.

Brrrrrrrrr
11/04/17 9:18 pm

The real question is why Rand Paul didn’t shoot her.

11/05/17 8:00 am

The real answer is that the attacker isn't a "her," it's a "him." (Rene is the male form; Renee is female.) And Paul didn't shoot him because he was "blindsided." He was mowing his lawn, I think on a riding mower. He had ear plugs in his ears. If I remember correctly, when he stepped off the mower he was attacked from behind. So there wasn't much opportunity to just shoot him.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
11/05/17 8:30 am

Brrr, you should be asking what kind of person attacks someone from behind.

arttie123 Progressive Independent
11/04/17 9:06 pm

I won’t assume anything until I get the whole story behind it.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
11/04/17 8:59 pm

Come on. How can we know the motive?

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/04/17 6:46 pm

I’ll say “something else” until I know for sure. My gut feeling is that it’s more likely to be a property dispute, because usually that’s more likely to happen than neighbors attacking each other over politics. What a horrible thing to happen. I’m glad the senator is all right.

11/04/17 6:36 pm

No way to know yet, so I voted "something else," just to be as non-specific as possible about it, given the options.

Most news sources I read stated that the two men shared an adjacent corner of their properties. Most also stated that the men had been involved in some kind of ongoing "feud." I haven't seen anything that specified anything about the nature of that feud, though.

One source stated that while Boucher is known to be have registered as a Democrat and to be very anti-Trump, and to have posted anti-Trump stuff on his Facebook page, they found nothing on his FB page against *Paul.* I have to add that this source was the Daily Mail, which I usually scoff at as a source, but I suspect that in this case if they looked and didn't find anything, they're probably right (because if there *was* something there, they'd be gleeful about reporting it). But that could still be wrong, so that that with a big lump of salt.

I say Let's Wait for Some Actual Facts - as usual.

11/04/17 6:39 pm

And since I used the damnable source myself, I feel compelled to post the same thing that I often do when others use it as a "news" source, as penance. (Besides, every time I post it, I go listen to it again. Yay!)

I give you... Dan and Dan's Daily Mail song:
youtu.be/5eBT6OSr1TI

11/05/17 7:15 am

Of course you voted that way, Susan.

11/05/17 7:21 am

And why not? It would be silly to *assume* something (anything) specific.

11/05/17 7:27 am

It’s fact that this asshole is a hateful Communist, Susan. That’s why.

11/05/17 7:28 am

Maybe get out of your house once in a while and witness the civil war around you.

11/05/17 7:31 am

He's registered as a Democrat and apparently he dislikes Trump.

What part of that proves that (a) the man is a "hateful Communist" or (b) the attack had a political motive?

11/05/17 7:33 am

I know. He is a hateful uneducated Communist. I said that already.

11/05/17 7:35 am

You're not making any sense at all. And I do get out quite frequently, thanks. If I saw one person attacking his neighbor I would *not* make a dumb assumption that it was for political reasons.

11/05/17 7:39 am

Of course you would think that.

Stop protecting your fellow travelers. Rand Paul, a U.S. Senator, was attacked in his gated Community by a Communist. This is a civil war.

11/05/17 7:49 am

Im not protecting anybody. I'm trying to protect the truth. I don't believe in stating something as fact when I don't know crap about it. I would, and have, made similar statements when the politics are the exact reverse, and if you pay any attention to what I write you damned well know that.

Is it that you see all Democrats as communists, or what?

Do you know that this guy reportedly lived in the same gated community, that they are neighbors, have property that adjoins in one corner, and have had an ongoing feud for some time? (According to numerous news accounts quoting one or more mutual neighbors.)

You make it sound as if the attacker broke into the gated community and didn't know Paul. That apparently isn't the case.

11/05/17 7:52 am

Keep pretending it isn’t happening, Susan. You must live in a perfect world. Good for you.

11/05/17 7:57 am

It's a hell of a more perfect world than the one where someone makes judgements about a person being a communist if they're a resisters democrat, and that anyone who attacks someone (or at least, attacks a politician) did it for political reasons if they belong to a different political party.

11/05/17 7:58 am

Now go bother all the other people who made comments saying that WE DON'T KNOW YET.

11/05/17 9:10 am

I know. Enjoy your perfect life, Susan. I hope to get there someday.

11/05/17 9:18 am

Meanwhile, a Republican U.S. Senator was attacked at his home and Republicans were shot. The useful idiots are being empowered by the Bolsheviks that lead the Democrat Party.

11/05/17 11:27 am

Guess what, Susan? The FBI confirms that the attack on Rand Paul was politically motivated. What a shock, huh?

11/05/17 11:41 am

Thank you for adding that. The most definitive thing I see now (I just did another search) is simply that "The FBI believe that the attack was politically motivated" (WNKY.com). "Believe" isn't the same as "confirmed"; confirmed implies they have some evidence or a statement. So, what's your source saying that the FBI has confirmed it?

Do you understand that I don't have a stake in this one way or the other? As I said in my first comment, we simply didn't know enough at that point to decide if it's political or not. You *can't* just assume.

If it is *confirmed* that he had a political motive, and the source is reputable, that's fine.

11/05/17 11:43 am

It’s confirmed. You can go ahead and apologize now.

11/05/17 11:47 am

Apologize for WHAT? I never said his motives WEREN'T political; I said WE DON'T KNOW YET.

Do you truly not see the difference? Did you not understand how I worded the way I voted on the poll - specifically to leave that option OPEN?

You still haven't given a source for the FBI *CONFIRMING* his motive. I am certainly not going to just take your word for it; you have a long track record of posting inaccurate statements.

11/05/17 11:48 am

Ok. I wasn’t really expecting an apology anyway.

11/05/17 11:49 am

What, exactly, do you think I should apologize for?

11/05/17 11:56 am

You STILL aren't understanding what I wrote, apparently.

I DID NOT SAY HIS MOTIVE *WASN'T* POLITICAL.

I SAID WE DON'T KNOW YET.

I SAID WE SHOULD WAIT (as *always*) UNTIL WE KNOW SOME FACTS.

If we know some facts now, fine. (But you have to provide a reputable *source*, or we still don't.)

None of that makes me wrong about *anything.*

11/05/17 11:57 am

I refuse to believe that you are too stupid to know how to use google, Susan. I know you’re you’re smarter than this.

11/05/17 12:09 pm

I read about 20 articles. All of them said that the motive WAS NOT KNOWN yet. I didn't see the one from WNKY until I did the search just a little while ago and plugged in "FBI." And it *still* doesn't say "confirmed"; it just says "believes."

I just ran another search and along with FBI I plugged in "confirm" and got one hit that claims the FBI did confirm it, posted about 35 minutes ago.

But that hit is from the Blaze, which is pretty much crap, in my opinion. Kinda proving my point, it declares "The FBI has confirmed the motive behind the assault on Sen. Rand Paul..." and then says that according to the WNKY article, "the FBI launched an investigation into the attack shortly after it happened. They believe the attack, which occurred Friday afternoon, was politically motivates."

Again, with "believes"! That's not the same as *confirms.*

11/05/17 12:10 pm

So you know it is confirmed. Thank you.

11/05/17 12:14 pm

The Blaze also mentions the other stuff: that his Facebook page had anti-Trump stuff (doesn't specifically mention that he had *no* anti-Paul posts on his FB page, but I've seen *two* sources now that state that), and that reportedly Paul and the attacker are neighbors and had an ongoing feud but the nature of it wasn't known.

Again, it *may* well be about politics - but again, it *may* not be. (And again, I have utterly no stake at all in which it turns out to be. I really don't give a crap, one way or the other.)

Saying that the FBI *believed* it was about politics is *not* the same as *confirming* that is. It's a step closer, but it's not there yet. And it's also within the first 24-48 hours of an investigation, as reported in the media, when sometimes things are stated that turn out to be inaccurate.

11/05/17 12:22 pm

It was about politics, Susan. The FBI confirmed it. Give it up.

11/05/17 12:25 pm

Give me a source where the FBI *actually* shows that, and I'll be *happy* to agree with you. That should be easy, if they've really done that.

That doesn't mean the Blaze twisting "believes" into "confirms," though.

And it still doesn't mean I am wrong, because I never claimed his motive *wasn't* political, so I have nothing to apologize about.

But you *cannot* just state "the FBI confirmed it" and expect people to assume you're correct without showing us some proof.

11/05/17 12:28 pm

The FBI said it, not me, Susan.

11/05/17 12:30 pm

Fine. Show me where they said it.

11/05/17 12:53 pm

It’s right front of your face. Geez. I really thought you were more intelligent. I guess I was wrong about that.

Politics can really screw with people.

11/05/17 11:38 am

Nope. FBI confirmed that the Communist attacked Rand Paul over politics.

11/05/17 11:48 am

Source, please. If the statement is accurate and the source is reputable, that's fine.

11/05/17 11:50 am

Just apologize for being wrong, Susan. Don’t troll every one of my comments.

11/05/17 11:57 am

See my reply to your statement about being wrong in the longer thread between us.

I'm not wrong about anything, here. I never said his motive *wasn't* political. I just said *we don't know yet.* Like a number of other people here.

11/05/17 11:59 am

I know...

The FBI knows...

You don’t know and won’t say you were wrong. Sad.

Alcerus fascist
11/04/17 6:15 pm

He said he fought over a property line or something. But he was probably mad at Paul for a long time for his politics, and just now had a subconscious reasoning to fight him

11/05/17 11:41 am

The Communists, at the DNC, have been drilling fake news, such as Russian collusion, into the heads of their useful idiots for a year. From the ghetto to the gated community, the Communists are organized for hate.

zimmy Florida
11/04/17 6:11 pm

Probably a little bit of both.