iceberg124 November 5th, 2017 1:07am

Rand Paul's neighbor inexplicably attacked him Friday as he was mowing his lawn, Rene Brocher, the assailant is a registered Democrat who has a long history of anti-Trump/pro-Dem causes. Did he assault Rand for political reasons or something else

11/04/17 6:36 pm

No way to know yet, so I voted "something else," just to be as non-specific as possible about it, given the options.

Most news sources I read stated that the two men shared an adjacent corner of their properties. Most also stated that the men had been involved in some kind of ongoing "feud." I haven't seen anything that specified anything about the nature of that feud, though.

One source stated that while Boucher is known to be have registered as a Democrat and to be very anti-Trump, and to have posted anti-Trump stuff on his Facebook page, they found nothing on his FB page against *Paul.* I have to add that this source was the Daily Mail, which I usually scoff at as a source, but I suspect that in this case if they looked and didn't find anything, they're probably right (because if there *was* something there, they'd be gleeful about reporting it). But that could still be wrong, so that that with a big lump of salt.

I say Let's Wait for Some Actual Facts - as usual.

Alcerus fascist
11/04/17 6:15 pm

He said he fought over a property line or something. But he was probably mad at Paul for a long time for his politics, and just now had a subconscious reasoning to fight him

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/04/17 6:46 pm

I’ll say “something else” until I know for sure. My gut feeling is that it’s more likely to be a property dispute, because usually that’s more likely to happen than neighbors attacking each other over politics. What a horrible thing to happen. I’m glad the senator is all right.

MrsCrayonWax
11/04/17 8:59 pm

Come on. How can we know the motive?

11/05/17 11:51 am

Why not? He thought he was safe from the hateful evil uneducated Communists in his gated community. No one is safe.

11/04/17 6:39 pm

And since I used the damnable source myself, I feel compelled to post the same thing that I often do when others use it as a "news" source, as penance. (Besides, every time I post it, I go listen to it again. Yay!)

I give you... Dan and Dan's Daily Mail song:
youtu.be/5eBT6OSr1TI

11/05/17 11:28 am

The FBI confirmed that the attack was politically motivated. Fucking Communists.

11/05/17 11:38 am

Nope. FBI confirmed that the Communist attacked Rand Paul over politics.

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
11/05/17 10:21 am

Democrats are still howling in pain in their safe spaces from the election, but there’s no evidence to indicate that this retired dentist attacked Paul for purely political reasons.
They were neighbors. There’s a hundred other reasons besides politics for neighbors to have at each other.

Brrrrrrrrr
11/04/17 9:18 pm

The real question is why Rand Paul didn’t shoot her.

zimmy Florida
11/04/17 6:11 pm

Probably a little bit of both.

jlong105 Indiana
11/05/17 8:33 pm

Antifa revolution has begun

11/05/17 12:28 pm

The FBI said it, not me, Susan.

11/05/17 11:27 am

Guess what, Susan? The FBI confirms that the attack on Rand Paul was politically motivated. What a shock, huh?

11/05/17 12:47 pm

Is there another reason a hateful cowardly Communist would attack a Republican U.S. Senator from behind while mowing his lawn? What would that be?

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/05/17 7:09 am

I can’t believe Rand was mowing his own yard

arttie123 Progressive Independent
11/04/17 9:06 pm

I won’t assume anything until I get the whole story behind it.

11/05/17 7:15 am

Evil hateful Communists won’t quit. Rand Paul was at the baseball diamond that crazy white Communist opened fire at.

11/05/17 7:15 am

Of course you voted that way, Susan.

11/05/17 12:53 pm

It’s right front of your face. Geez. I really thought you were more intelligent. I guess I was wrong about that.

Politics can really screw with people.

11/05/17 9:10 pm

It started when they tried to murder Republican Congressmen on that baseball diamond.

11/05/17 11:41 am

The Communists, at the DNC, have been drilling fake news, such as Russian collusion, into the heads of their useful idiots for a year. From the ghetto to the gated community, the Communists are organized for hate.

11/05/17 11:43 am

It’s confirmed. You can go ahead and apologize now.

11/05/17 7:27 am

It’s fact that this asshole is a hateful Communist, Susan. That’s why.

11/05/17 7:28 am

Maybe get out of your house once in a while and witness the civil war around you.

11/05/17 11:48 am

Ok. I wasn’t really expecting an apology anyway.

11/05/17 7:33 am

I know. He is a hateful uneducated Communist. I said that already.

11/05/17 9:10 am

I know. Enjoy your perfect life, Susan. I hope to get there someday.

11/05/17 11:50 am

Just apologize for being wrong, Susan. Don’t troll every one of my comments.

11/05/17 7:39 am

Of course you would think that.

Stop protecting your fellow travelers. Rand Paul, a U.S. Senator, was attacked in his gated Community by a Communist. This is a civil war.

11/05/17 11:57 am

I refuse to believe that you are too stupid to know how to use google, Susan. I know you’re you’re smarter than this.

11/05/17 9:18 am

Meanwhile, a Republican U.S. Senator was attacked at his home and Republicans were shot. The useful idiots are being empowered by the Bolsheviks that lead the Democrat Party.

11/05/17 11:59 am

I know...

The FBI knows...

You don’t know and won’t say you were wrong. Sad.

11/05/17 7:52 am

Keep pretending it isn’t happening, Susan. You must live in a perfect world. Good for you.

11/05/17 8:00 am

The real answer is that the attacker isn't a "her," it's a "him." (Rene is the male form; Renee is female.) And Paul didn't shoot him because he was "blindsided." He was mowing his lawn, I think on a riding mower. He had ear plugs in his ears. If I remember correctly, when he stepped off the mower he was attacked from behind. So there wasn't much opportunity to just shoot him.

11/05/17 12:10 pm

So you know it is confirmed. Thank you.

11/05/17 12:22 pm

It was about politics, Susan. The FBI confirmed it. Give it up.

11/05/17 12:25 pm

Give me a source where the FBI *actually* shows that, and I'll be *happy* to agree with you. That should be easy, if they've really done that.

That doesn't mean the Blaze twisting "believes" into "confirms," though.

And it still doesn't mean I am wrong, because I never claimed his motive *wasn't* political, so I have nothing to apologize about.

But you *cannot* just state "the FBI confirmed it" and expect people to assume you're correct without showing us some proof.

11/05/17 12:30 pm

Fine. Show me where they said it.

MrsCrayonWax
11/05/17 8:30 am

Brrr, you should be asking what kind of person attacks someone from behind.

11/05/17 7:21 am

And why not? It would be silly to *assume* something (anything) specific.

11/05/17 11:41 am

Thank you for adding that. The most definitive thing I see now (I just did another search) is simply that "The FBI believe that the attack was politically motivated" (WNKY.com). "Believe" isn't the same as "confirmed"; confirmed implies they have some evidence or a statement. So, what's your source saying that the FBI has confirmed it?

Do you understand that I don't have a stake in this one way or the other? As I said in my first comment, we simply didn't know enough at that point to decide if it's political or not. You *can't* just assume.

If it is *confirmed* that he had a political motive, and the source is reputable, that's fine.

11/05/17 11:47 am

Apologize for WHAT? I never said his motives WEREN'T political; I said WE DON'T KNOW YET.

Do you truly not see the difference? Did you not understand how I worded the way I voted on the poll - specifically to leave that option OPEN?

You still haven't given a source for the FBI *CONFIRMING* his motive. I am certainly not going to just take your word for it; you have a long track record of posting inaccurate statements.

11/05/17 7:31 am

He's registered as a Democrat and apparently he dislikes Trump.

What part of that proves that (a) the man is a "hateful Communist" or (b) the attack had a political motive?

11/05/17 11:48 am

Source, please. If the statement is accurate and the source is reputable, that's fine.

11/05/17 7:35 am

You're not making any sense at all. And I do get out quite frequently, thanks. If I saw one person attacking his neighbor I would *not* make a dumb assumption that it was for political reasons.

11/05/17 11:49 am

What, exactly, do you think I should apologize for?

11/05/17 11:56 am

You STILL aren't understanding what I wrote, apparently.

I DID NOT SAY HIS MOTIVE *WASN'T* POLITICAL.

I SAID WE DON'T KNOW YET.

I SAID WE SHOULD WAIT (as *always*) UNTIL WE KNOW SOME FACTS.

If we know some facts now, fine. (But you have to provide a reputable *source*, or we still don't.)

None of that makes me wrong about *anything.*

11/05/17 11:57 am

See my reply to your statement about being wrong in the longer thread between us.

I'm not wrong about anything, here. I never said his motive *wasn't* political. I just said *we don't know yet.* Like a number of other people here.