gluxford1 December 26th, 2016 8:43pm

A professor at Drexel University stated that all he wanted for Christmas was white genocide. He teaches politics and global studies to students. Does it disturb you that leftist professors are advocating for the extermination of an entire race?

cyanospool The Deep North
12/29/16 2:56 pm

Look, I get that racist statements against white people do not have the same impact or historical weight as towards some other races. So when people try and redefine racism as power+prejudice, or make harmless stereotypes and jokes about white people, I don't have much of a problem with it because I get it. But this is taking it too far. This is a disgusting statement for anyone to make about any group regardless. He should 1000% be fired.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/27/16 1:52 pm

This guy is WHITE! I want to know if he'll be the first to volunteer to be murdered! SMH. Some people are just pure idiots!

12/27/16 2:43 pm

I agree completely.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
12/27/16 2:58 pm

The tweet was satirical, making fun of white nationalist and their imaginary concept that minorities are hellbent on white Genocide.

12/27/16 3:07 pm

Ha! You wouldn't be saying that if he was "joking" about black genocide or Hispanic genocide.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/27/16 3:07 pm

So he claims NOW. But the article says this:

"Administrators of the Philadelphia university have called for a meeting with Ciccariello-Maher in the wake of his “inflammatory tweet.”

While Drexel “recognizes the right of its faculty to freely express their thoughts and opinions in public debate ... Ciccariello-Maher’s comments are utterly reprehensible, deeply disturbing, and do not in any way reflect the values of the University,” the college said in a statement."

The thing I find most ironic about the entire thing is that now he's calling for freedom of speech (while calling for violence) when so many college campuses have shut down freedom of speech over people voicing their religious views, and anything that is not considered PC! The double standard is staggering.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/27/16 3:08 pm

And can you IMAGINE the public outcry if someone had said the exact same thing about blacks, gays or Muslims, and then tried to say they were being satirical?

12/27/16 3:09 pm

Also, that's still no excuse. Imagine if someone posted something "satirical" about the holocaust.

12/27/16 3:10 pm

Oh, and before he suddenly claimed that it was "satire", he doubled down on his comment, and specified which specific genocides in history he supported.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/27/16 3:10 pm

Ha, Ha! Glux, we're posting the same things at the same times, and overlapping each other! ;-)

12/27/16 3:11 pm

I just noticed that! 😂

mudkip17 United States of Texas
12/27/16 4:02 pm

So let me ask you this, all the ridiculous things that trump would say/tweet then face a lot of backlash and be forced to apologise and he'd just say it was a joke. Did you believe the excuse then?

Comments on women
www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-women-insults-entertainment-229225

Comments on Russia
www.google.com/amp/amp.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/07/28/trump_says_his_russia_comments_were_sarcastic_they_weren_t.html?client=ms-android-att-us

12/27/16 4:29 pm

Do they advocate for the mass genocide of an entire race?

mudkip17 United States of Texas
12/27/16 4:59 pm

No but it advocated for Russia to hack our politicians... you know something trump says never happened. But that wasn't my question. Did you believe him when he said it was just a joke?

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/27/16 5:37 pm

Mudkip, I was actually going to ask you the same in reverse: did you believe that he was just joking? Lol

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
12/27/16 5:41 pm

As far as DJT asking Russia to hack HRC's emails, that was just ridiculous that people translated what he said to mean that. There was no way that Putin could've gotten her emails as she had SHREDDED them to the extend that "God couldn't even find them", as Trey Gowdy said! Lol

He was not saying hack them, he was saying, "Since she handled her emails in such an insecure manner that you already have them (which is a very plausible situation), then please send them back so we can see all the evil she's been up to with her foundation!" After all, we've known that Russia has been hacking us and we've been hacking them for years! Since we've been hacking our allies, like Angela Merkel, it's a given we're hacking our enemies!

JudicialJedi321 This is How Liberty Dies
12/26/16 11:13 pm

What will it take for these insane liberals to fire such violent extremists!?! If he was talking about any other race he would be thrown out by a mob! Yet because he goes after white people that makes it ok? What is wrong with our campus culture today!?!

12/26/16 11:15 pm

Yeah, the bloodlust on the left is really getting out of control.

crazyjane New Jersey
12/26/16 9:08 pm

You said professorS, what other examples do you have that pertain to your question?

12/26/16 9:26 pm

See my links that I posted further down the thread.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
12/26/16 6:48 pm

He can set the example by eliminating himself...

think4yourself Not a safe space
12/26/16 6:43 pm

Disturbing yes, surprising no. This professor is a prime example of liberal tolerance.

PyroSadist like my comments follow
12/26/16 6:35 pm

Oh my God can you imagine the outrage had he said blacks

12/26/16 6:50 pm

Oh, it would make national headlines and there would be an immediate investigation by Obama's DOJ. Engaging in double standards is a favorite pass time among leftists.

Torfin Never Behind
12/26/16 6:23 pm

I would donate the ammo if he wants to take his self administered lead injection.

theNobamist Silicon Valley
12/26/16 5:59 pm

Where's the snowflake SJW calls about racism, hate, intolerance, bla bla bla?

12/26/16 6:03 pm

Haven't you heard? Racism against white people doesn't count. You better check your privilege! 😂

Phillyusmc Philadelphia PA
12/26/16 3:45 pm

He should start by shooting himself

auntiesamm Orange County CA
12/26/16 3:34 pm

He is one of the many in academia who are creating a generation of "snowflakes" - whiners, crybabies and uneducated college students. Scary.

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
12/26/16 2:30 pm

But were the racists right?

12/26/16 2:55 pm

I know! It's funny how they claim we are the bigoted ones, yet they are the only ones calling for our extermination.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
12/26/16 3:06 pm

One associate professor does not an entire political alignment represent... that's like some clans man wants to exterminate black people so all conservatives must think that...

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
12/26/16 2:30 pm

That mans a race traitor and needs to be burned at the stake

mudkip17 United States of Texas
12/26/16 2:14 pm

I guess the alt-left got tired of the alt-right getting all the attention for being the only dumbass racists in town

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
12/26/16 2:41 pm

I take offense to that

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
12/27/16 3:02 pm

*hunh* nothing. I just thought it was funny because I have alt right in my name

dontworryabtme
12/26/16 2:08 pm

So genocide is only okay if it's done BY white people, not TO them. got it

12/26/16 2:09 pm

Nobody I saying genocide is okay except for leftists.

dontworryabtme
12/26/16 3:26 pm

do non-whites commit genocide? lol you don't have to SAY it. it's what is going on though.

kscott516 Masks fail
12/26/16 3:48 pm

Which whites are committing genocide against which ethnic group? 🙄

think4yourself Not a safe space
12/26/16 7:19 pm

Planned parenthood is killing blacks at high rates but that is why their founder started it and the left highly supports it.

MrMilkdud
12/27/16 8:12 am

Am I reading that right? Did someone really imply that only whites commit genocide??

12/26/16 1:59 pm

A disturbing number of Democrats on here support a mass, systematic extermination of an entire race of people. I honestly wish I could say I was surprised by this, but I'm not.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
12/26/16 2:17 pm

Where is your evidence that a large number of dems support genocide?

12/26/16 2:23 pm

Gluxford1, only 17 people answered your question so far when you claimed "a disturbing number". I find that very odd.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
12/26/16 2:29 pm

This poll also has nothing to do with, do you support genocide?... it has to do with some associate professor working at a university

mudkip17 United States of Texas
12/26/16 2:32 pm

But also only 4 people in this poll said they don't have a problem with him teaching.. where in the world does 4 people = a high number?

mudkip17 United States of Texas
12/26/16 2:36 pm

You wanna see a disturbing number of people who support genocide? Ask conservatives how many support Isreals actions against Palestine

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
12/26/16 2:46 pm

Cucked. I think he's referring to personal observation and anecdotal evidence rather then the stupid results of a poll. I hear many radical leftists talk and complain about white people being the root of all social woes. And white people this and that, and "the problem of whiteness". It's the brink of autism and needs to be eradicated

12/26/16 2:53 pm

Ok, I'll bite. List me as few as 20 leftest that said that along with proof by each of your examples. Since there are so many that proclaim this (as you say) then 20 should not be hard for you to do.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
12/26/16 11:02 pm

First link is broken, but going over the 2nd one... they have very loose standards of what quotes support the idea of white genocide....example
“I believe the most profound question facing us is whether we can become the world’s first truly multiracial democracy,”

All that aside. You miss the point, would you like it if we associated every dumb, rasict, violent thing conservatives have said to you? It would be extremely one sided.. we should never generalize an entire political idiology, religion, race ect just because of what one person said who may happen to identify as part of that group... it's completely idiotic.

SugarShaq
12/27/16 5:41 pm

Palestinian is not a race.

12/26/16 1:59 pm

I said no only because you grouped all leftest as thinking like this one guy. Seems too many on here are doing polls like this.

12/26/16 2:01 pm

The question was asking if you found the calls for the extermination of an entire race disturbing. The fact that you answered "no" says a lot about your character.

12/26/16 2:05 pm

Reread your question. Not gonna fall for your lumping everyone in one style like many do on here. Keep the insults as well. Its America, we are allowed to have different opinions. If you asked if I think this one man's statement was dumb, I'd say yes. There's dumb statements being made all around.

12/26/16 2:58 pm

The question was asking if it disturbs you that this leftist professor is calling for the mass extermination of an entire race. You answered "no".

12/26/16 3:03 pm

Actually you wrote if leftest professors (more than one), therefore what you wrote isnt what you were implying.

12/26/16 3:05 pm

Read my other links above.

12/26/16 3:08 pm

Give me more mainstream links.

12/26/16 3:08 pm

Yes, because you only want links from leftist news sites.

12/26/16 3:14 pm

No, you can use any moderate news site. That'd be enough for me. I'll be waiting....

12/26/16 3:18 pm

And what would you consider to be a moderate news site? By the way, the links I provided you contain quotes from the people advocating for the genocide of white people. Turning away a website because the name of it sounds scary to you is pathetic.

12/26/16 3:27 pm

You did that same thing to me last week. You told me that the liberal websites I suggested were not worthy of your reading. If you only follow news on sites that hold your agenda most likely your not getting the full story, and more likely not true. I start on one and go to others, including some which you read. If its something I should care about, its worth the full research.

12/26/16 3:40 pm

Yup, but I still read them before coming to that conclusion.

12/26/16 3:43 pm

Then please provide 20 names from moderate sites.

12/26/16 3:45 pm

Again, what qualifies as a moderate site in your eyes?

12/26/16 3:46 pm

Oh, and read the links I sent you first.

12/26/16 3:49 pm

Anything other than cnn, huff post, fox, bretbart, etc....you know the top ten sights on each side. There are many out there....I'll be waiting...

12/26/16 3:55 pm

Yup. My links qualify. Read them.

12/26/16 3:56 pm

Take it from the mouths of the people advocating for it.

12/26/16 3:57 pm

I read one of them....highlighting only the radicals does not make it truthful to most. Again, I can highlight radicals on both sides to push any agenda. Only the weak minded could possibly fall for such nonsense.

12/26/16 3:59 pm

Buzzfeed article has expired btw....

12/26/16 4:00 pm

I hate to break it to you, but the radicals are the ones running the left these days.

12/26/16 4:04 pm

Oh, the Buzzfeed article is the one that had a bunch of students with presentations like "white people are a plague to the planet", "white people are crazy", and "how white people plague society"

12/26/16 4:16 pm

False. There is radicals on each side.

The interesting thing....I was just at a bus stop. A black family was sitting on the bus bench alongside two Latinos. Two white people approached the area as the bus was coming. When the two white people turned toward the full seats they all exchanged smiles and have each other belated Christmas wishes. These are real people and I see more often than what your sites are trying to prove. I agree radicals exists (sadly), but I see more proof in person that most dont feel this way than what you can read in any website.

12/26/16 4:19 pm

Oh, there's nothing false about it. You guys are about to put a die-hard radical, anti-Semitic, racist, Nation of Islam member as the head of your party.

12/26/16 4:21 pm

Whom are you referring to?

12/26/16 4:31 pm

Keith Ellison

12/26/16 4:40 pm

CNN also reported on his past support for what the network described as "anti-Semitic" and "radical" organizations and individuals, particularly the Nation of Islam and Louis Farrakhan, but noted they found no anti-Semitic statements by Ellison, and cited his public rejection of the group "due to its propagation of bigoted and anti-Semitic ideas and statements".[26][31] The New York Times reported that one of the Democratic Party's biggest donors, Haim Saban, said in his 2016 foreign policy forum that Ellison is “clearly an anti-Semitic and anti-Israel person.”[32] Reporters from Slate and the Huffington Post have described components of this opposition as part of a smear campaign against Ellison.[33][34] Jewish groups including the Anti-Defamation League and J-Street have come to Ellison's defense on his past associations and writings.......

.....this from Wikipedia

12/26/16 4:47 pm

During Ellison's 2006 campaign, Minnesota Republican operatives[116][119] raised questions about his Minnesota Daily articles and his involvement with the Nation of Islam. In response, Ellison wrote a letter to the Jewish Community Relations Council of Minnesota & the Dakotas saying he had never been a member, and that his connections with the Nation of Islam were limited to an 18-month period during which he helped organize the Minnesota contingent at the 1995 Million Man March.

12/26/16 4:48 pm

During the 2006 campaign, many prominent Jewish DFL activists supported Ellison, including fundraisers Samuel and Sylvia Kaplan, and State Representative Phyllis Kahn, who said it was "inconceivable that he could have ever been an anti-Semite."