Think December 18th, 2016 10:17pm

"The failures of capitalism are still better than the successes of socialism."

BlackC
12/18/16 5:15 pm

True Capitalism is better than most forms but US has a blended combination of Socialist and Capitalist which is best. Pure Capitalism is a rich mans game.
Our constitution is actually the main control of a democracy that works to the greater extent.

12/18/16 5:19 pm

Black ... except we're not a democracy. Our founders were well aware of the tyranny of a democracy and therefore created a constitutional republic to protect us.

ComradeJames nationalism
12/18/16 5:32 pm

Socialism is worker control of the means of production. The United States is in no way socialist; we're capitalist. It's just a different model of capitalism than the lasseiz-faire capitalism that most right-wingers view as an ideal.

BlackC
12/18/16 5:34 pm

Whatever word splitter

ComradeJames nationalism
12/18/16 5:34 pm

Word splitter?

ComradeJames nationalism
12/18/16 5:11 pm

Wage labor, hierarchy, monopolies, corruption, greed, oppression, slavery, inequality, rampant disease, alienation, fascism, and hate are superior to peace, freedom, worker control of the means of production, and workplace democracy? Oink oink, capitalist pig! ✌️

12/18/16 4:49 pm

www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/world-top-ten-quality-of-life-map.html

12/18/16 5:11 pm

Think...Norway has a Human Development Index of .944. The United States has a Human Development Index of .915.

12/18/16 5:50 pm

Polster ... so, let's model a tiny homogenous parliamentary monarchy. So, let's model them by deporting all the none whites, right?

12/18/16 5:52 pm

Think...why are you suggesting that diversity would make socialism fail? Do you have any evidence that that claim is true?

12/18/16 5:55 pm

Polster ... I'm just trying to take your toy proposal and apply it to our massive nation.

There are more people in Chicago alone than in all of Norway.

12/18/16 5:56 pm

Think...And...?

kywrite augusta, ga
12/19/16 4:59 am

All the indices are created by people who tend to like socialism better. They are biased.

I use one common-sense index: which country are more people willing to die to get to, even if it means living there illegally? There is a reason for this.

12/19/16 5:00 am

Kywrite...could it be that those countries actually have higher standards of living, regardless of the ideologies of the people making the indices?

12/19/16 6:16 am

Polster ... here's something to help dispel the myth you're caught up in that Norway, the homogeneous white Christian culture now invaded by terrorist Islamist is somehow a socialist country.

fee.org/articles/the-myth-of-scandinavian-socialism/

By the way, please comment on the socialist value of Norwegian deportation of Muslims. Shall we adopt that great policy too?

12/19/16 6:21 am

Think...I said that conservatives refer to the Nordic countries as socialist. Glad to see that FEE dispels this myth, but many conservatives still falsely believe it.

12/19/16 6:26 am

Polster ... right. Mince words. Create a cute little exit for yourself after the innuendo that you attempted to push. You see your problem is that you can't simply state your opinions because most of them have been discredited.

I don't speak for "most conservatives", and you have no proof that they believe the leftist lies. More importantly, the issue is the leftist lies that you continue to push.

You brought up Norway as a socialist utopia, I dispelled that leftist lie. You tried to distract by blaming most conservatives. Your game of dishonesty is exposed yet again.

12/19/16 6:30 am

Think...I brought up Norway because conservatives refer to it as a "socialist European country." Conservatives falsely believe that Norway is socialist, but this doesn't change the fact that it still has higher living standards than those present in the United States.

12/19/16 6:31 am

Polster ... where is socialism successful? That was the question and you said Norway.

12/19/16 6:33 am

Think...Stop misrepresenting what I said! You're being extremely dishonest. Many conservatives refer to Norway as a socialist country. That's what I said in my original comment. While I disagree with the assertion that Norway is socialist, that does not change the fact that Norway has higher living standards than the United States.

12/19/16 6:35 am

Think...stop the lies.

12/19/16 6:38 am

Polster ... I'd love to stop the lies, but I'm not close enough to your off switch! So you're going to have to stop your own lies.

Socialism is a failure. Deal with it.

12/19/16 6:40 am

Think...stop lying that I've lied.

12/19/16 6:41 am

Polster ... stop attempting to present leftist failures as success and we will be fine.

12/19/16 6:44 am

Think...stop misrepresenting what I've said and we will be fine.

12/19/16 6:46 am

Polster ... again, stop presenting leftist failures as successes and I'll have no lies to expose.

12/19/16 6:46 am

Think...find the quote where I presented leftist failures as successes.

kywrite augusta, ga
12/19/16 9:57 am

Pollster - no. Aside from the recent Middle East diaspora, where are the people clamoring at their gates, eager for a better life?

12/19/16 10:05 am

Polster ... you said: "European countries ... all have higher standards of living than the United States". That's a lie.

12/19/16 10:53 am

"Except the European countries that conservatives love to deride as "socialist" all have higher living standards than the United States."

Stop deceptively editing my quotes.

12/20/16 11:59 am

Polster ... nonsense! But let's play along with your delusion. Are these societies more affluent because of their socialist policies or in spite of them?

12/20/16 12:01 pm

Think...none of the countries that are listed as having higher living standards in my link are socialist.

12/20/16 12:43 pm

Polster ... don't answer the question.

12/20/16 12:48 pm

Think...your question is based on a false premise. Silly you!

Kimbobee the middle of nowhere
12/18/16 4:38 pm

That doesn't make sense.

12/18/16 4:47 pm

Kimbo ... of course it does. It means that the worst that capitalism has to offer is better than the best that socialism can offer.

Net ... socialism doesn't work.

BlackC
12/18/16 5:18 pm

Think of US as a herd of Wildebeests. The herd survives by sticking together and sharing the Veldt and water. If they didn't stick together and share the wealth they would be easily picked off by the greedy , lawless capitalists

12/18/16 5:20 pm

Black ... you might be a wildabeast, but the rest of us don't prefer the tyranny of a herd.

BlackC
12/18/16 5:34 pm

Until you need the herd and then you will come crying back that you want your Medicare / Medicaid , Disability, public education , Welfare etc.

12/18/16 5:44 pm

Black ... I'll never receive my share of what I was forced to give. My children would be FAR better off without the social "safety" net that's filled with grotesque holes and misappropriations.

12/18/16 5:58 pm

Socialist European countries have higher living standards than the US.

www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/world-top-ten-quality-of-life-map.html

12/18/16 6:10 pm

Polster ... just keep looking at the facade, don't look behind the cardboard cities as their societies are crumbling.

12/18/16 6:12 pm

Think...Did you ever stop to think that maybe some things can't be blamed on liberals?

12/18/16 6:32 pm

Polster ... of course. I only challenge the idiocy of blaming leftist failings on conservatives or worse yet, trying to hide those leftist failings.

12/18/16 6:33 pm

Think...Because you're lying right now.

12/18/16 6:35 pm

Polster ... if only you could expose the lie that isn't there!

12/18/16 6:36 pm

Think...I don't defend every left-wing failure. I admit when liberals fail. Can you say the same about yourself with conservative failures?

12/18/16 6:38 pm

Polster ... who could be surprised that you couldn't back up your libel slur? You falsely claimed that I lied. You didn't even try to validate your slur.

12/18/16 6:40 pm

Think...Here's your quote:

"At the same time, you somehow feel compelled to lie about every leftist failure. Why is that?"

BlackC
12/18/16 9:00 pm

Well those socialistic programs have been in place 70 years and helped millions of fellow Americans. You talk tough but I guarantee if you fall on tough times your opinion would change in a second. If you end up having a million dollar bill for major health problem you will on your knees thanking Obamacare . You guys are all alike. If you have yours now screw everyone else but if it fails you want those services.

12/19/16 6:27 am

Polster ... share my lie. So I can expose that you're lying!

12/19/16 6:28 am

Your quote:

"YOU SOMEHOW FEEL COMPELLED TO LIE ABOUT EVERY LEFTIST FAILURE."

I feel no such compulsion.

12/19/16 6:29 am

Black ... are the poor people of Detroit better off after seventy years of the leftist plantation?

12/19/16 6:31 am

Polster ... are you suggesting that you tell the truth about all leftist failures?

You've shown nothing.

12/19/16 6:32 am

Think...When are you going to accept that I have not absolved Democrats of responsibility for their failures in every single case? I've already admitted that Hillary Clinton failed to win the electoral vote, for example, yet you somehow think I'm absolving her of all blame. Why?

12/19/16 7:32 am

Polster ... it has to do with your arrogance. Have you forgotten your incessant taunting before the election?

Each time you lost a debate you fell back on your "start practicing Madame President". Do you remember?

12/19/16 7:34 am

Think...Do you remember your arrogance just yesterday when you said that it would be impossible for 37 Republican electors to defect and vote for someone other than Trump? I admit that 37 Republican electors defecting is improbable, but it's certainly not impossible.

12/19/16 7:36 am

Polster ... I missed your answer ... what was your response to my questions?

12/19/16 7:37 am

Think...your memory is selective.

12/19/16 7:37 am

Polster ... you refuse to answer the questions.

12/19/16 7:39 am

Think...you refuse to answer my questions.

12/19/16 7:47 am

Polster ... here's how this communication thing works. I ask a question, you answer it. You ask a question, I answer it. That is the way adults communicate.

Your approach to a question is to ask a different question rather than answer the question and then you complain that your question isn't answered first.

Even you know that you're lying. I have no problem answering any of your ridiculous questions, in turn. I've done it over and over. The problem is that you refuse to answer questions.

12/19/16 7:48 am

Think...remember that time I asked you to prove your claim that millions voting illegally handed Hillary Clinton the popular vote victory, and you kept trying to change the subject because your assertion was patently absurd and you had no evidence with which to back it? Yeah, me too. You're a massive hypocrite.

12/19/16 8:14 am

Polster ... I'll leave this nonsense to others to determine between me and thee. I haven't kept track of all of your lies and all of the questions that you refused to answer.

What all can see is that there are several questions above that you refuse to answer. I'll wait here until you answer these questions.

12/19/16 8:14 am

Think...And I'll wait here for your evidence that Clinton won the popular vote solely due to the fact that millions voted illegally.

12/19/16 8:31 am

Polster ... I'm awaiting your answers to my questions posed at 7:32am MST.

12/19/16 8:33 am

Think...I'm waiting for answers to my question posted days ago about Clinton's popular vote win.

BlackC
12/19/16 10:29 am

For sure and your laughable allegation of using the word ALL in your leftist plantation owner reach comment is typical when a far right wing nut runs out of hate filled arguments .

12/19/16 10:32 am

Polster ... go to the thread, poke me there, and I'll absolutely answer any question, in order.

What you're trying to suggest here is that those conversations are somehow different than this one. They're not. Your modus operandi is the same in each. You frequently deflect, distract and then make personal attacks because you simply can't sustain your false allegations and assertions.

I'm still waiting for the answers to the questions in this thread as stated above,

12/19/16 10:34 am

Black ... are you a Polster protege? You know that you can't use a quote because it'll expose your lie, so you attempt to assert that I said something that I didn't.

I challenge you to present the in context quote that I made that is somehow wrong.

12/19/16 10:47 am

Think...prove your claim that Hillary won the popular vote solely due to illegal voting.

12/19/16 10:48 am

Polster ... right after you answer the questions I asked at 7:32am MST.

12/19/16 10:52 am

Think...I asked you first.

12/19/16 10:53 am

Polster ... you lie yet again. Anyone still following this thread can see your lie.

12/19/16 11:22 am

Think...I asked you first. Now prove your claim.

12/19/16 11:24 am

Polster ... what's the timestamp of your question?

12/19/16 11:30 am

Think...at least a few days before your question.

12/19/16 11:30 am

Polster ... post the time stamp from THIS thread.

12/19/16 11:33 am

Think...it wasn't on this thread, you unbridled moron. That's the point!

12/19/16 11:50 am

Polster ... you clearly haven't been following the discussion and you call me the moron!?

I am happy to answer questions, unlike you. I expect you to answer the questions in order. I invite you to post your questions in any thread and I'll answer them there, in order.

Stop squirming and answer the questions.

12/19/16 11:52 am

Think...answer the question from the previous thread then. I've been waiting days for your response.

12/19/16 12:00 pm

Polster ... you have so many lies spread across so many polls in so many threads, I can't find which of your lies you're referring to. Please go to that thread and poke me, as I requested an hour ago before you started this temper tantrum.

12/19/16 12:05 pm

Think...prove the claim that Clinton won the popular vote solely due to illegal voting. Go on! Stop stalling! Present the evidence!

12/19/16 12:10 pm

Polster ... I've already addressed that twice. If you're unwilling to stay on topic and answer the questions in this thread then we are done here.

12/19/16 12:10 pm

Think...I knew you had no evidence.

BlackC
12/19/16 9:06 pm

You are talking to a rock head Trump supporter - the deplorable ones or an angry old white guy

BlackC
12/19/16 9:11 pm

You don't have any original thoughts - you plagiarized a Glenn beck or rush Limbaugh line they used for years to bolster their ratings aka leftist plantation - so during the Bush years the left abandoned the plantation?

12/20/16 7:35 am

Black ... your childish name calling exposes your racism yet again.

12/20/16 7:39 am

Black ... you cowardly never answered the question I asked near the top of this thread, so I'll reiterate ...

Are the poor people of Detroit better off after seventy years of the leftist plantation?

BlackC
12/20/16 10:40 am

1st it's not seventy years . Republicans voted with FDR initially and Regan and Bushes had plenty of opportunity to make change and did not. Obama saved the car industry by pay back loans and now 200000 people in Detroit area have good paying jobs they otherwise would not have had , had the republicans had their way.

12/20/16 10:44 am

Cloud ... you are delusional! MrO didn't save the auto industry! He ensured the continued failure of the industry by giving the clueless industry just enough money to keep them on life support.

It's too bad that you don't understand that there is a cycle of business. MrO snatched failure from the arms of victory that would have resulted in smaller, smarter and newer companies from coming in and buying up the assets of these failed businesses. MrO assured that Michigan will remain a miserable hole of the Democrat plantation.

12/20/16 10:45 am

Black ... with all of that, you avoided answering the simple question.

Are the poor people of Detroit better off after seventy years of the Democrat Plantation?

BlackC
12/20/16 10:58 am

Dude Michigan has a republican governor eager to let black people and others drink leaded water and it's been seven years the auto business has been booming with no end in sight. Trump wants to curtail it by getting involved in private business on how they run their businesses . That alone is against the conservative creed.

12/20/16 11:03 am

Black ... I'm not your "dude". Suggesting that the newly elected Republican governor negates the seventy years of the Democrat plantation shows that you simply can't address the Democrat failures.

There is nothing "booming" about the failed American auto industry. These are the desperate twitches of a dying industry. They are producing substandard cars that more and more buyers recognize. We have choices to buy better cars, and more Americans are taking advantage of that.

BlackC
12/20/16 11:05 am

They certainly aren't better off through the Republican Snyder at least they have some safety net programs that can bridge a gap waiting for the Trump regime to restore their jobs and rebuild the inner cities as he promised them. Good luck on seeing that promise realized .

Okie1967 Is Biden self aware
12/18/16 3:42 pm

Capitalism doesn't really have failures. It's not a system, but the absence of a system. It's what people do when they're free to trade, but and sell as they see fit. Capitalism doesn't require an absence of regulation, but it does require the economy not be "planned." People who make poor choices for their education, career, and finance may have "lost," but it's not the fault of any system.

TheHand If you need a hand
12/18/16 3:31 pm

I think they balance each other out. Failure is failure and neither failure triumphs over the other.
Capitalism and Socialism both have those at the bottom who suffer the consequences of leadership ineptness.
Let's hope another great depression will never be.