Show Of Hands August 16th, 2016 2:15am

Have you watched or plan to watch the recently released movie "Suicide Squad"?

bkro37 existential crisis
08/17/16 5:15 am

Saw it... it was very "meh"

azglockman az
08/16/16 9:29 pm

Movies bore me. I dislike that about myself

lonelyweeb608 Tennessee
08/16/16 3:43 pm

Yeah, and it wasn't great. I enjoyed Harley and Deadshot, but not really anyone else because I didn't get to know them as much throughout the movie.

I really didn't like Leto as the Joker; he was trying way too hard and just came off as creepy (but not in a good or likeable way).

I loved Robbie as Harley Quinn, though. Some of her lines were cheesy and cringy, but I think she did well with what she was given. She was kinda cute tbh. I hope she appears on screen more.

smacc DunningKruger
08/16/16 1:01 pm

I liked it but it could have been better but, it is DC after all.

Dogabu
08/16/16 10:15 am

It was bad, but still fun. It is still sad that they blew an opportunity to make a great movie.

CrimsonEmerald
08/16/16 9:55 am

It was awful,worse than Batman V Superman

Red4799 Asking the Big Questions
08/16/16 1:59 pm

I didn't think batman vs superman was that bad

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
08/16/16 7:14 am

Saw it. The actress who played the villain was AWFUL. She was just horrible. Viola Davis' character was the stereotypical leader "we need you to destroy this person. If you do, this, this and this, you'll be free" after the hero beats the bad guys, the leader's like but you did this, that person let so and so did that so you're going back!" Jared Leto's Joker bugged me. It just made me miss Ledger. It wasn't his fault that was on me

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
08/16/16 7:19 am

The performance was good but some parts it seemed like he was trying too hard. Will Smith was well, Will Smith. The girl with the sword, her role was too small. Pity. I liked her. I liked the others too. I do agree about the editing (shoddy)

ProudCentrist Chicago, Illinois
08/16/16 7:05 am

I liked it, the ending disappointed me though.

Carcano Luke 10 19
08/16/16 6:40 am

It depends how much they're paying for this add.

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
08/16/16 5:32 am

Yes, and it was terrible. No plot, poor casting choices (Will Smith as Deadshot, really??), and serious inconsistencies with established character traits from the source material. As a huge Deadshot fan, I was very disappointed.

ChadRico Virginia
08/16/16 7:07 am

You knew Smith played Deadshot before you went. Why did you go in the first place. I thought Smith was great.

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
08/16/16 6:54 pm

The guy who played Deadshot in the Arrow TV series did 100 times better than Will Smith.

rons WOKE is sick
08/16/16 4:26 am

No, I don't waste my money to make Hollywood Stars rich.

FATSHADOW Cyborg Gorilla
08/16/16 3:18 am

Im not sure why ppl went in with gigantic expectations. Its the Dirty Dozen with shitty actors and weaker badguys.

Its based on a comic comprised of characters that were never good enough to hold their own comics. They throw in Deadshot and HQ just to make it sellable.

You knew going into it they would spend at least 45mins setting up character backgrounds.

You knew the Joker & Batman were only making apearences.

The plot was weak as shit, but I still didnt mind it. Plus after 90mins of Margot Robbie shaking her ass on screen, I dragged Mrs. SHADOW into the bedroom like a gorilla and gave her a hell of a mauling. So the movie was ok.

👁👁

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
08/16/16 5:33 am

Yeah, but Margot Robbie doesn't even have that great of an ass!

FATSHADOW Cyborg Gorilla
08/16/16 5:46 am

But Mrs. SHADOW does.

pkurt88 Las Vegas, NV
08/15/16 11:22 pm

It was fun to see a different type of comic book movie, and it was definitely different. But, overall it's not good. Weak plot and Enchantress is one of the worst comic book villains I've ever seen. I didn't really like Jared Leto as the Joker either. Maybe I would have liked him better if he was in the movie more.

truspec Texas
08/15/16 10:36 pm

Yes. It was ok. Deadshot and Harley tried their best to make the movie interesting, but dumb plot, bad writing, and lame characters kept dragging it down. Jared Leto wasn't a good joker in my opinion, it just seemed like something was off every time he spoke, and the aesthetic looked more trashy than anything

08/16/16 6:33 am

Jared Leto would've been a better Joker to you people if they didn't vut out 75% of his scenes.

shoeless Texas
08/15/16 9:50 pm

I enjoyed the movie until the big finish. It reminded of Ghostbusters (the original) without the funny lines. Otherwise, pretty good. Leto was a good joker, Smith was fine. I just don't see any solo movies, lots of crossovers, but didn't think anyone was good enough for a solo movie. At least not yet.

Korosensei Maine
08/16/16 6:01 am

Honestly I'd agree with you for most of the cast except for one of them El Diablo. He had heart real character development an actual arc and the coolest powers I could easily see a Solomonic for him.

08/16/16 6:34 am

Harley Quinn and Joker are coming back for Ben Affleck's Batman movies. We all know it.

catpillow Florida West Coast
08/15/16 9:36 pm

I'm a Harley Quinn fan, so I'll eventually watch it. I'll wait until I can see it at home.

DeathSheep Michigan
08/15/16 9:17 pm

Ya ill see it. From what I hear, it doesn't follow the actual suicide squad plot line in anyway, but I'll watch it anyways to see what Hollywood THINKS is the suicide squad.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/15/16 9:05 pm

We sat through nearly an hour and left. The movie was too dark – not thematically, but LITERALLY. I can't even tell what's going on in today's poorly lit movies and series TV, especially on Fox TV.

Korosensei Maine
08/15/16 8:58 pm

Not a good movie by any objective measure. 4/10 at best. The editing of the film was to be honest awful at times feeling like scenes were actually missing and the movie left me going what the hell is going on far too often for me to give it s good score. As for the actors El Diablo was the breakout star no question and I would fully support DC doing a solo project centered solely on him. Harley was good but many of her lines felt off like they were trying to jam "cutesy" or "crazy" lines in regardless of the actual character also she should have used her mallet more. Deadshot wasn't bad but Will Smith is just too Will Smith so while watching him I'm entertained but I'm not watching Deadshot I'm watching Will Smith with good aim. Katana needed way more development since the movie never really established her as a character (so did Captain Boomerang but to a lesser degree). Killer Croc actually looked pretty good in the prosthetics as long as he kept the hoodie on because when he took

Korosensei Maine
08/15/16 9:05 pm

it off it became painfully obvious how skinny he was which looked very weird. Enchantress was an odd villain choice and the final battle felt super lopsided since it didn't feel like any of the main cast barring Katana had a weapon that could hurt Enchantress. Jared Leto's Joker is an odd one I will say that it has a look that makes me feel like he's going for a more "funny" joker but for most of the film he played it more similar to Ledger than Nicholson but I think that might be because he wasn't in the movie much and so didn't get a real chance to portray his joker. Overall it's not a great movie but it does a halfway decent job of establishing the squad and if they give me a good El Diablo movie I will literally drown them in money.

08/15/16 9:18 pm

Write a movie script in six weeks and then come back to me with your movies by Christmas. That's basically what WB told David Ayer at comic-con last year. Considering the time frame in which he had, it's a great movie.

Korosensei Maine
08/15/16 9:25 pm

Sorry that's not good enough. Saying "oh but he had these constraints" that is a way to explain flaws that is not however a reason to excuse them Ayer did not do a bad job and I'd like to see him direct a solo El Diablo movie or a suicide squad II but that doesn't mean I'm going to overlook the major flaws in this one.

08/15/16 9:27 pm

I know but you have to give him credit for such limited time he had.

08/15/16 9:28 pm

And he has little to no exp in directing. Give him credit man

Korosensei Maine
08/16/16 5:59 am

I'll give him some credit but the movie still had major flaws that cannot be overlooked.

TheLuhya Oregon
08/15/16 8:45 pm

Despite what the critics say, I liked the movie!

shiculka transvaccinated
08/15/16 8:45 pm

I enjoyed the movie.

Shiggybythebay Proud Bay Area Native
08/15/16 8:37 pm

The sexy little girl part is not something I care to watch. Pigtails, daddy's little monster tiny tee, chomping on bubble gum. Short shorts with bending over shots. Maybe something old perverts might enjoy but not me.

shiculka transvaccinated
08/15/16 8:44 pm

Margot Robbie is effing hot in this movie. And I'm a straight woman.

DeathSheep Michigan
08/15/16 9:13 pm

You realize that's the character of Harley Quinn in this universe right?

suppressedID IMEACH BIDEN
08/15/16 9:40 pm

Yeah. They should have called this movie "Harley Quinn" because that's where my eyes were for the entire 2 hours.
WOW!

Shiggybythebay Proud Bay Area Native
08/16/16 1:42 am

She's definitely a beautiful woman. I just don't like the way they try to make her child like. I've had friends dads grope me and try to stick their tongues down my throat starting when I was 12. So I'm kinda sensitive on that issue.

XercesBlue ...
08/15/16 8:25 pm

It's not my type of movie..

orgblu10 Shamerica
08/15/16 8:14 pm

I went as a fan, not a critic, and liked it, especially Deadshot and Harley Quinn. And Jared Leto wasn't a bad Joker.

112112321 pleb
08/15/16 8:24 pm

I agree. A lot of people are making the mistake of comparing Leto to Ledger

08/15/16 8:28 pm

The people that say the movie was bad are movie critics. They wouldn't have that title unless they were specifically getting paid to be critical of everything.

DeathSheep Michigan
08/15/16 9:14 pm

@cats ya that really is a problem. They are two entirely different jokers, just like ledger wasn't like Jack Nicholson and so on.

robclark89 Utah
08/16/16 8:37 am

@theblackoak: Yes, many critics didn't give the movie a good rating. But there were plenty of non critics who didn't like the film. Just read these comments, there are a number of people who didn't like it. The box office results for the second weekend dropped higher than expected, close to BvS. The film will still make tons of money, it just wasn't universally loved by all fans and universally hated by all critics.

08/16/16 8:40 am

Yeah it was half/half pretty much

Wizzobutter
08/15/16 7:56 pm

Yes, but only when it comes to cable TV. Margot Robbie is hot!

gonzoboy Arizona
08/15/16 7:43 pm

I saw it, enjoyed it, and am SOoo thankful I didn't let critics affect my decision. I definitely tend to like the anti-hero, better than standard, generic heroes! Oh that Harley Quinn is a sassy-fras!😜

RJ1969 SoCal
08/15/16 7:32 pm

It was ok. Not as bad as the critics made it out to be.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
08/15/16 7:26 pm

Until they release a version without Will Smith, I'll refuse to watch it.

voc I am...what I am
08/15/16 8:18 pm

You don't like will smith?

08/15/16 8:30 pm

Arguably the best black actor of all time

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
08/15/16 9:01 pm

I like Will Smith, but I don't believe he should have played Deadshot. You wouldn't want Kevin James playing the hulk, would you?

08/15/16 9:07 pm

Yeah bc that's the same thing
😂😂
Look man I agree that Will Smith played a less serious Floyd Lawton/Deadshot. But how can you say that he is a bad Deadshot when we have nothing to compare him to?

Korosensei Maine
08/15/16 9:08 pm

Gotta agree with Luft Smith is a great actor but watching the movie you aren't watching deadshot you are watching Will Smith with good aim.

08/15/16 9:09 pm

How does that tie into the movie not being great tho?

Korosensei Maine
08/15/16 9:12 pm

Well you don't have "nothing" to compare it to you have the cartoons and comics

Korosensei Maine
08/15/16 9:22 pm

So Smith has to serve as the baseline is what your saying? Despite the fact that Deadshot has been portrayed (quite well) in numerous cartoons because those aren't movies they don't count? The comic books don't count at all towards how he should be portrayed?

08/15/16 9:25 pm

I'm saying no one has played this character in a movie with people in it. Not cartoons. In that instance, we have no one to compare him to.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
08/16/16 3:18 am

Yes we do, The TV Show Arrow, that Deadshot was a lot better.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
08/15/16 7:24 pm

Haven't yet, but am looking forward to it when it gets to cable.

devspi Liberal Republican
08/15/16 7:23 pm

It's so good! I am not sure that critics were even watching the same movie. The plot-line is, admittedly, weak but the cast makes up for it. Margot Robbie's stellar interpretation of Harley Quinn alongside Jared Leto's Joker and Will Smith's Deadshot make this a truly amazing movie.

Korosensei Maine
08/15/16 9:11 pm

Okay everyone keeps praising Deadshot and I really don't see it Smith did a fine job I'll grant you but I'd say the standout performance was El Diablo he was the one who I want to actually see more of and would pay to watch a solo movie of Will Smith Deadshot not so much.

08/16/16 6:39 am

He probably would but that may not happen unless they make a second movie.

PrinceOberyn ANCIENT CITY STYLE
08/15/16 7:22 pm

Nope. Apparently its as much of a trainwreck as the Trump Campaign.

ScenarioNations California
08/15/16 7:38 pm

No it actually did better than critics were suggesting. You're thinking of the Feminist Ghost Busters movie.

swervin Maryland
08/15/16 9:52 pm

^^he is right. The Ghostbusters remake was a complete disaster.

Fungi Charlotte NC
08/15/16 7:21 pm

Two words. Margot Robbie.

voc I am...what I am
08/15/16 8:20 pm

It's actually pretty darn good, although I went into it thinking it was going to be as bad as batman vs superman, but I was pleasantly surprised.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
08/15/16 8:22 pm

Thanks! I'm seeing comments here that make me think I might just have to go see it.

08/16/16 6:41 am

Yeah BvS was awful. Lois Lane set the whole plot up with that stupid small desert scene.

PrinceBlake Bama Born
08/16/16 7:00 am

Go watch it bamagirl. Just don't go into it expecting to see a marvel movie and you'll love it. That's really the problem nowadays. Everybody is used to the marvel formulaic movie and jokes every two seconds. DC is not marvel. DC has a lot of darker stories. I'm not saying marvel doesn't have dark stories (Marvel's Netflix shows are dark) but DC has a lot more popular ones. Suicide squad is darker than the trailers make it out to be, but it's still great! I loved it! I'd say it may even be as dark as BvS if not darker.. but definitely a DC movie and a comics movie unlike all the rest. I love that they were able to include Batman and joker, without making them too much if the story and understanding that we were here to watch suicide squad, NOT a Batman movie. Even flash has a cameo, and again it just makes you realize all the more that these movies are connected and great that they didn't focus on them. Cause that's like comics. Including other characters but not focusing on them.

PrinceBlake Bama Born
08/16/16 7:01 am

Sorry it's so long I just had to say everything haha

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
08/16/16 8:00 am

Blake, that sounds great! I have typically preferred DC anyway, so that sounds really cool! Thanks!

voc I am...what I am
08/16/16 8:38 am

Good breakdown

camlop San Diego, CA
08/15/16 7:19 pm

El Diablo and Harley Quinn are my favorites. Cara surprised me with her acting -- wasn't happy to learn that a model was acting, but she actually did a good job, in my opinion.

08/16/16 6:41 am

Gal Gadot? You ever hear of her?

philmchawk Gaia Agia
08/15/16 7:19 pm

I do plan on watching it, but not at full box-office price. Heard too many negative reviews.

camlop San Diego, CA
08/15/16 7:18 pm

I'm so mad that they cut SO MANY good character-developing scenes! Joker and Croc had a lot more scenes, but they got cut so now we don't know much about them.

SouthernLaw Old North State
08/15/16 7:18 pm

It was a pretty good movie... Deadshot is awesome and Harley Quinn is hot.