Show Of Hands August 16th, 2016 2:15am

Have you watched or plan to watch the recently released movie "Suicide Squad"?

Fungi Charlotte NC
08/15/16 7:21 pm

Two words. Margot Robbie.

orgblu10 Shamerica
08/15/16 8:14 pm

I went as a fan, not a critic, and liked it, especially Deadshot and Harley Quinn. And Jared Leto wasn't a bad Joker.

Spectrum18 blessed, not stressed
08/15/16 8:28 pm

The people that say the movie was bad are movie critics. They wouldn't have that title unless they were specifically getting paid to be critical of everything.

RJ1969 SoCal
08/15/16 7:32 pm

It was ok. Not as bad as the critics made it out to be.

112112321 pleb
08/15/16 8:24 pm

I agree. A lot of people are making the mistake of comparing Leto to Ledger

DeathSheep Michigan
08/15/16 9:13 pm

You realize that's the character of Harley Quinn in this universe right?

shiculka transvaccinated
08/15/16 8:44 pm

Margot Robbie is effing hot in this movie. And I'm a straight woman.

gonzoboy Arizona
08/15/16 7:43 pm

I saw it, enjoyed it, and am SOoo thankful I didn't let critics affect my decision. I definitely tend to like the anti-hero, better than standard, generic heroes! Oh that Harley Quinn is a sassy-fras!😜

Vayl Reason over common sense
08/15/16 7:50 pm

>"im not an edgy 13 year olds"
>"anti choice anti life"

Wizzobutter
08/15/16 7:56 pm

Yes, but only when it comes to cable TV. Margot Robbie is hot!

Vayl Reason over common sense
08/15/16 8:04 pm

That's kind of the point.
You pulled the exact same meaningless "gotcha" bullshit on me.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/15/16 9:05 pm

We sat through nearly an hour and left. The movie was too dark – not thematically, but LITERALLY. I can't even tell what's going on in today's poorly lit movies and series TV, especially on Fox TV.

ScenarioNations California
08/15/16 7:38 pm

No it actually did better than critics were suggesting. You're thinking of the Feminist Ghost Busters movie.

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
08/16/16 5:32 am

Yes, and it was terrible. No plot, poor casting choices (Will Smith as Deadshot, really??), and serious inconsistencies with established character traits from the source material. As a huge Deadshot fan, I was very disappointed.

FATSHADOW Cyborg Gorilla
08/16/16 5:46 am

But Mrs. SHADOW does.

shiculka transvaccinated
08/15/16 8:45 pm

I enjoyed the movie.

TheLuhya Oregon
08/15/16 8:45 pm

Despite what the critics say, I liked the movie!

SouthernLaw Old North State
08/15/16 7:18 pm

It was a pretty good movie... Deadshot is awesome and Harley Quinn is hot.

Vayl Reason over common sense
08/15/16 7:59 pm

Lol you still use "lmao" yet you're talking about immaturity?

camlop San Diego, CA
08/15/16 7:19 pm

El Diablo and Harley Quinn are my favorites. Cara surprised me with her acting -- wasn't happy to learn that a model was acting, but she actually did a good job, in my opinion.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
08/15/16 7:26 pm

Until they release a version without Will Smith, I'll refuse to watch it.

truspec Texas
08/15/16 10:36 pm

Yes. It was ok. Deadshot and Harley tried their best to make the movie interesting, but dumb plot, bad writing, and lame characters kept dragging it down. Jared Leto wasn't a good joker in my opinion, it just seemed like something was off every time he spoke, and the aesthetic looked more trashy than anything

voc I am...what I am
08/15/16 8:18 pm

You don't like will smith?

DeathSheep Michigan
08/15/16 9:15 pm

I found the newest troll to the SoH community.

rons Thanks America
08/16/16 4:26 am

No, I don't waste my money to make Hollywood Stars rich.

camlop San Diego, CA
08/15/16 7:18 pm

I'm so mad that they cut SO MANY good character-developing scenes! Joker and Croc had a lot more scenes, but they got cut so now we don't know much about them.

philmchawk Gaia Agia
08/15/16 7:19 pm

I do plan on watching it, but not at full box-office price. Heard too many negative reviews.

swervin Maryland
08/15/16 9:52 pm

^^he is right. The Ghostbusters remake was a complete disaster.

PrinceOberyn Here I am Here I Remain
08/15/16 7:22 pm

Nope. Apparently its as much of a trainwreck as the Trump Campaign.

devspi Liberal Republican
08/15/16 7:23 pm

It's so good! I am not sure that critics were even watching the same movie. The plot-line is, admittedly, weak but the cast makes up for it. Margot Robbie's stellar interpretation of Harley Quinn alongside Jared Leto's Joker and Will Smith's Deadshot make this a truly amazing movie.

PrinceBlake Bama Born
08/16/16 7:00 am

Go watch it bamagirl. Just don't go into it expecting to see a marvel movie and you'll love it. That's really the problem nowadays. Everybody is used to the marvel formulaic movie and jokes every two seconds. DC is not marvel. DC has a lot of darker stories. I'm not saying marvel doesn't have dark stories (Marvel's Netflix shows are dark) but DC has a lot more popular ones. Suicide squad is darker than the trailers make it out to be, but it's still great! I loved it! I'd say it may even be as dark as BvS if not darker.. but definitely a DC movie and a comics movie unlike all the rest. I love that they were able to include Batman and joker, without making them too much if the story and understanding that we were here to watch suicide squad, NOT a Batman movie. Even flash has a cameo, and again it just makes you realize all the more that these movies are connected and great that they didn't focus on them. Cause that's like comics. Including other characters but not focusing on them.

PrinceBlake Bama Born
08/16/16 7:01 am

Sorry it's so long I just had to say everything haha

Korosensei Maine
08/15/16 8:58 pm

Not a good movie by any objective measure. 4/10 at best. The editing of the film was to be honest awful at times feeling like scenes were actually missing and the movie left me going what the hell is going on far too often for me to give it s good score. As for the actors El Diablo was the breakout star no question and I would fully support DC doing a solo project centered solely on him. Harley was good but many of her lines felt off like they were trying to jam "cutesy" or "crazy" lines in regardless of the actual character also she should have used her mallet more. Deadshot wasn't bad but Will Smith is just too Will Smith so while watching him I'm entertained but I'm not watching Deadshot I'm watching Will Smith with good aim. Katana needed way more development since the movie never really established her as a character (so did Captain Boomerang but to a lesser degree). Killer Croc actually looked pretty good in the prosthetics as long as he kept the hoodie on because when he took

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
08/15/16 9:01 pm

I like Will Smith, but I don't believe he should have played Deadshot. You wouldn't want Kevin James playing the hulk, would you?

azglockman az
08/16/16 9:29 pm

Movies bore me. I dislike that about myself

ladyniner81 I need chocolate
08/16/16 7:14 am

Saw it. The actress who played the villain was AWFUL. She was just horrible. Viola Davis' character was the stereotypical leader "we need you to destroy this person. If you do, this, this and this, you'll be free" after the hero beats the bad guys, the leader's like but you did this, that person let so and so did that so you're going back!" Jared Leto's Joker bugged me. It just made me miss Ledger. It wasn't his fault that was on me

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
08/15/16 8:22 pm

Thanks! I'm seeing comments here that make me think I might just have to go see it.

Shiggybythebay Proud Bay Area Native
08/15/16 8:37 pm

The sexy little girl part is not something I care to watch. Pigtails, daddy's little monster tiny tee, chomping on bubble gum. Short shorts with bending over shots. Maybe something old perverts might enjoy but not me.

smacc DunningKruger
08/16/16 1:01 pm

I liked it but it could have been better but, it is DC after all.

catpillow Florida West Coast
08/15/16 9:36 pm

I'm a Harley Quinn fan, so I'll eventually watch it. I'll wait until I can see it at home.

bkro37 existential crisis
08/17/16 5:15 am

Saw it... it was very "meh"

suppressedID suck it Kyle
08/15/16 9:40 pm

Yeah. They should have called this movie "Harley Quinn" because that's where my eyes were for the entire 2 hours.
WOW!

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
08/16/16 8:00 am

Blake, that sounds great! I have typically preferred DC anyway, so that sounds really cool! Thanks!

Spectrum18 blessed, not stressed
08/16/16 6:41 am

Gal Gadot? You ever hear of her?

CrimsonEmerald
08/16/16 9:55 am

It was awful,worse than Batman V Superman

voc I am...what I am
08/16/16 8:38 am

Good breakdown

Spectrum18 blessed, not stressed
08/16/16 8:40 am

Yeah it was half/half pretty much

voc I am...what I am
08/15/16 8:20 pm

It's actually pretty darn good, although I went into it thinking it was going to be as bad as batman vs superman, but I was pleasantly surprised.