AnarchoComrade March 14th, 2015 4:12am

No matter what system mankind conducts, people will always have to work to survive to some extent.

PresWK Minnesota
03/15/15 8:48 pm

Not with communism through automated labor

TierasPet
03/14/15 5:41 am

I'm thinking that's accurate. Economies don't run well with no one working. They don't even run well when enough people are out of work.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
03/13/15 9:34 pm

I'd agree if you insert the word some. I envision a future where most things are done by machines. Some will still work, but it won't be the general population. You'll still have supervisory jobs, engineering and the like.

AnarchoComrade Anarchist Federation
03/13/15 9:42 pm

Capitalism will either then come to an end or it will slow down innovation so we never reach that point. How will capitalism work once only a small percentage of the population needs to work? I just hope we get out of it before it crashes and burns.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
03/13/15 9:51 pm

I hope both capitalism and classic communism will be replaced by a sort of communalism. It would resemble communism though, a classless society having a public commonwealth. There would be enough people who voluntarily fill the few jobs.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
03/13/15 9:54 pm

Innovation may slow down, but people may stop looking for a financial incentive, inventors will continue inventing bc it is a task that gives them satisfaction.

AnarchoComrade Anarchist Federation
03/13/15 9:57 pm

In an AnCom society, once most work is replaced by green-friendly machinery, everyone would kick back and live their life. It's my fear that in a capitalist society, either the environment will be destroyed, or a crisis will occur with new machinery.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
03/13/15 10:01 pm

I'm capitalist now bc I think the competition and financial incentive keeps innovation fast, but once what I described above is reached, capitalism has done its job and should, maybe automatically WILL become obsolete.

PINOCHET Free Market Capitalism
03/14/15 11:23 am

I think you both are describing a post scarcity technocratic society. And yeah, capitalism definitely cannot coexist with that