AnarchoComrade March 14th, 2015 4:12am

No matter what system mankind conducts, people will always have to work to survive to some extent.

PINOCHET Free Market Capitalism
03/14/15 11:23 am

I think you both are describing a post scarcity technocratic society. And yeah, capitalism definitely cannot coexist with that

AnarchoComrade Anarchist Federation
03/13/15 9:42 pm

Capitalism will either then come to an end or it will slow down innovation so we never reach that point. How will capitalism work once only a small percentage of the population needs to work? I just hope we get out of it before it crashes and burns.

Praetorianus In the uncanny valley
03/13/15 9:51 pm

I hope both capitalism and classic communism will be replaced by a sort of communalism. It would resemble communism though, a classless society having a public commonwealth. There would be enough people who voluntarily fill the few jobs.

Praetorianus In the uncanny valley
03/13/15 9:54 pm

Innovation may slow down, but people may stop looking for a financial incentive, inventors will continue inventing bc it is a task that gives them satisfaction.

AnarchoComrade Anarchist Federation
03/13/15 9:57 pm

In an AnCom society, once most work is replaced by green-friendly machinery, everyone would kick back and live their life. It's my fear that in a capitalist society, either the environment will be destroyed, or a crisis will occur with new machinery.

PresWK Minnesota
03/15/15 8:48 pm

Not with communism through automated labor

Praetorianus In the uncanny valley
03/13/15 10:01 pm

I'm capitalist now bc I think the competition and financial incentive keeps innovation fast, but once what I described above is reached, capitalism has done its job and should, maybe automatically WILL become obsolete.

Praetorianus In the uncanny valley
03/13/15 9:34 pm

I'd agree if you insert the word some. I envision a future where most things are done by machines. Some will still work, but it won't be the general population. You'll still have supervisory jobs, engineering and the like.

TierasPet
03/14/15 5:41 am

I'm thinking that's accurate. Economies don't run well with no one working. They don't even run well when enough people are out of work.