rebelfury76 June 5th, 2014 11:11pm

Two people have been shot at a university in seattle. Do gun free zone designations work? (No I have no shame in politicizing this since you liberal idiots have this blood on your hands and need to change your approach to this issue)

Lelouch Partisan Free Zone
06/06/14 5:49 pm

This question is disturbing, no matter the party you support.

SFLiberal
06/06/14 12:55 pm

Must you always attack liberals?

blitz6799 Chicagoland
06/06/14 7:23 am

I'm a (mostly) liberal who is for gun rights, but to answer your question in an annoying fashion: what percentage of gun free zones have had a shooting take place? Sounds like an outlier event.

cshuey1 Pennsylvania
06/06/14 7:53 am

oh you mean places like schools, post offices, banks, Chicago, Philly, D.C.? those must be outliers, too.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
06/06/14 9:19 am

The better question is 'What percentage of mass murders involving the criminal misuse of a firearm do NOT happen in a 'gun-free zone'?'

blitz6799 Chicagoland
06/06/14 9:34 am

@huey: post offices are exceedingly common. Shootings at them are not. Hence me referring to events like ones in the question as outliers.

blitz6799 Chicagoland
06/06/14 9:36 am

@pinky: agreed, that is with looking at. I'm guessing free zones are higher. It also begs the question is this relationship correlative or causative. I wonder if they are chosen or coincidental, considering the the people who do this sort of

blitz6799 Chicagoland
06/06/14 9:37 am

Thing are definitely not thinking like a normal person, I don't know if they choose it because it's a path of least resistance, or because high pop centers tend to coincidentally be more restrictive.

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
06/06/14 3:22 pm

With just one single exception, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns.

wlindberg86 congested hell
06/06/14 6:20 am

All they are is an open invitation for someone who wants to rob/kill/etc.. Law abiding citizens then are left for dead. Fuck that

crewsmissle Florida
06/05/14 6:44 pm

I would like to hear one of the 60% dems the voted yes they work......how, when, why, etc

crewsmissle Florida
06/05/14 6:45 pm

Other than they work as a functional sign on a building....

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
06/05/14 7:55 pm

The no guns allowed signs only tell me that a place is too dangerous and should be avoided....if I can't carry, then I won't go there ...

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
06/05/14 8:02 pm

How many of the Liberals would be willing to post a "Gun Free Home" sign in their front yards ?

crewsmissle Florida
06/06/14 7:10 am

I believe there was a story of a newspaper posting what homes had a concealed permit and you could pin point what houses robbers chose NOT to go to....

Blunderbuss Dont blink.
06/05/14 6:42 pm

Blood on their hands?! Are you particularly cranky today, reb?

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
06/06/14 9:21 am

It's true. Liberals have advanced this nonsensical idea that unarmed people create a LESS attractive target for murderers than armed people. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Blunderbuss Dont blink.
06/06/14 8:01 pm

I guess I assumed it was logical that the blood was on the hands of the murderers...rather than policy makers of any persuasion.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
06/07/14 11:09 am

Perhaps not those who enacted the 'gun-free zones.' But blood is certainly on the hands of those who refuse to repeal them after the myriad of evidence that 'gun-free zones' are murder-magnets.

azsageguy
06/05/14 6:30 pm

The idiot free zone sign didn't work here either.

droo Santa Barbara
06/05/14 4:26 pm

Obviously the shooter didn't see the "Gun Free Zone" sign. If he had, this never would have happened.

voc I am...what I am
06/05/14 4:19 pm

That was a gun free zone?? Impossible! They aren't suppose to have guns in a gun free zone so how could they shoot someone??

Liberty 4,032,064
06/05/14 4:15 pm

They work for ensuring the availability of defenseless targets.
For any other purpose: No, they do not work.