Show Of Hands November 11th, 2012 12:00am

Do you have more good friends of your own gender, or the opposite gender? (UQ)

anonymous0 Nevada
11/19/12 10:11 am

If a female spends enuf time w male he will most likely like her. I used men mainly for validation bc I like approval and they're easy to please. Yet I was told when u manipulate men they will manipulate u back. So now I have some awesome female friends.

Anarkitty
11/18/12 5:02 am

Girls are drama. I have more guy friends :)

monkeyy Ohio
11/14/12 8:40 pm

I completely understand. I used to be more outgoing in elementary school, but got quieter. I'm not that shy, it's just that I'm now used to being quiet in class. I'm louder around my friends, but they're mostly girls that I've known for at least 2 years, so i'm comfortably around them. Weird.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
11/14/12 9:07 am

@earlybird: I'm confused. Are you actually ignoring all these people? I'm so lost, all the comments I see from you are "This user is currently being ignored." WHAT'S THIS MEAN?!

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
11/13/12 5:48 pm

All straight men. Few women, I wouldn't quite say I'm their gay best friend...

11/13/12 2:46 pm

carsons08 May I ask why? I find that my male friends were more devoted and less conniving and manipulative than my female friends. I have female friends at work, but they aren't my close friends.

carsons08
11/13/12 11:01 am

I'm wary of women with no female friends.

Dream Hogwarts
11/13/12 7:59 am

My best friends are a guy and a girl, but I'm mostly friends with girls, my better friends are guys except for my best friend Jill!

77giggles
11/13/12 5:52 am

I'm in the same boat with law enforcement. Very few women where I work and they are mostly administrative.

BB2014 Des Moines, IA
11/13/12 3:53 am

I have 4 friends that are guys and 3 friends that are girls. The reason I'm friends with the girls is because they love to play MW3 and Black Ops and actually like bloody video games and talk sports unlike some of the girls that scream if they die or are scared in a game of Zombies.

11/13/12 1:05 am

I'm in a committed relationship. He's friends with my friends. He knows our histories. One of my guy friends is married has been for 11 years now. His wife is the only female friend I really have. Their children call me Aunt. We're FAMILY not by blood but by choice. My man is part of that now.

sentiment Texas
11/12/12 9:44 pm

Virgin islands 100% ... No wonder they call it that.

Sam95 Nebraska
11/12/12 8:52 pm

I was pretty outgoing in kindergarten through 2nd grade and I had sooo many little guy friends. But now a junior in highschool, I'm more quiet and so I really only have two guy friends, we really don't talk much though. I hope I overcome this quietness. I hate it!

11/12/12 8:08 pm

I used to have many male friends, bit now can't cause my husband will get upset.

wirenerd Somersworth
11/12/12 7:46 pm

My group of friends consists of 2 guys and 3 girls. I am one of the guys, and my girlfriend is one of the 3 girls.

jiffymix
11/12/12 7:28 pm

A woman with a gay best friend.

lilraerae Tuscaloosa
11/12/12 7:05 pm

I agree guy friends are less drama.

tmh85 Stilwell, Kansas
11/12/12 7:03 pm

Friends are like a trampoline... I've always wanted a tranpoline

musicnerd RHIT
11/12/12 6:36 pm

There aren't enough women in engineering fields for me to have more same-gender girl friends.

apod
11/12/12 6:17 pm

I like to have many friends of both genders, but i do have more dude-friends. (I am a guy)

11/12/12 5:30 pm

@wedaslaves...if you give your friends up because you get married they must not have been very important to you to begin with. Two of my three closest friends are men and I'm not giving them up for anyone.

MiKEY2012 Florida
11/12/12 5:08 pm

Bros b/4 ho's lol.
Plus I'm gay. So hang w/ mostly gay & straight dudes. "Fag hags" can be a problem although every gay guy has one. I have 2, that's prolly why I got str8 guy friends. They want the str8 girls I hang with!! Lol

Zack100 Tatooine
11/12/12 3:00 pm

I go to an all-boys school so mostly guys. But I also have quite a few lady friends from my middle school

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/12/12 2:53 pm

Before you get married, have as many friends from the opposite sex as you can. It is valuable relationship skill building. You can also get to know each other without pretenses. Just keep your self respect and respect for them and their parents.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/12/12 2:50 pm

If you are married, do not underestimate the danger of friendship with the opposite sex. When things go wrong it is not usually the blatant flirt. It is often the friend with trust, relationship and who understands why we are right and the spouse is a bad person. It is dangerous not wrong.

monkeyy Ohio
11/12/12 2:12 pm

My own gender: I have mostly girl friends. I find it hard sometimes to make friends with guys… I don't really know why. I am too quiet.

epicawesum Indiana
11/12/12 1:21 pm

I have 1 guy friend and he's gay and by far the biggest drama queen. All my girl friends are totally chill and not stereotypical

Christfollowr California
11/12/12 10:20 am

I have friends of both genders. But i find it much easier to be friends with guys than other girls. On a whole its less drama

ma305
11/12/12 9:42 am

Same boat. Went from all male friends to all female friends.

bop
11/12/12 8:15 am

As a teenage guy, and knowing many teenage guys, I can confirm that I am not a douchebag.

suppressedID suck it Kyle
11/12/12 8:06 am

Lloyd Dobler: I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?
Joe: By choice, man.

suppressedID suck it Kyle
11/12/12 8:02 am

...says the clearly-single guy.

suppressedID suck it Kyle
11/12/12 8:01 am

Texas standards. Sad.

JollyMan93 Big Sky Guy
11/12/12 7:45 am

Moved here from Montana. Lived in Montana since I was 3 up till graduating high school. Had lots of friends more girls then guys..now that I'm here I have very few friends that never hang out and there girls... :(
Wish we never moved here..

thatguy438
11/12/12 7:43 am

That may be the stupidest thing I've ever read I hope your joking

Mooo42Q Thats Nucking Futs
11/12/12 7:39 am

One of each. One best guy & one best girlfriend. :)

lastjedi Florida, US
11/12/12 7:28 am

Same gender now, but when I was younger it was all girls.

bop
11/12/12 7:24 am

Oops... Other gender. Tricky. I was thinking other like neither choice. This is awk.

bop
11/12/12 7:24 am

SO.. Uhhh.. Hermaphrodites??

waitaminute In My Own Little World
11/12/12 7:18 am

My best friend from high school was female identified. Most of the people I hung out with, before I moved, were female identified. And now, I have no friends.

christine1986
11/12/12 6:28 am

I had more opposite gender friends until I got married. Then you have to make the choice because its never good to have once your committed. No matter how anyone justifies it.

11/12/12 6:09 am

I did have one friend of the opposite gender but I've been avoiding him lately because he has just been to perverted

CSGraham
11/12/12 5:57 am

I'd say any girl who generally hangs out with mostly guys is an attention starved tease.
Any guy who generally hangs out with mostly girls is a desperate fool; or gay.
Any married person who keeps close with their opposite sex friends are more likely to cheat in the long run.