Show Of Hands November 11th, 2012 12:00am

Do you have more good friends of your own gender, or the opposite gender? (UQ)

suppressedID destiny is right now
11/11/12 7:53 pm

Too much of the same hormones in one place at one time is a recipe for stupidity. Mix it up.

CAKE is good for the soul.
11/11/12 7:55 pm

I judge my own gender more harshly, resulting in a majority of opposite sex friends.

TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
11/11/12 9:12 pm

Are men and women "opposite" genders? Or are they "complimentary" genders? Women aren't my opposite and thinking they are perpetuates this gender war.

CSGraham
11/12/12 5:52 am

But more likely to try and sleep with you.

Chesty
11/11/12 7:57 pm

I have more of the Same Sex because I'm a US Marine so naturally I connect with my fellow marines which are mostly men around here.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Texas
11/11/12 10:28 pm

I've always had more close guy friends. Too many females are drama queens. I'm too laid back to deal with them.

thatguy438
11/12/12 7:43 am

That may be the stupidest thing I've ever read I hope your joking

bookhenge Virginia
11/12/12 4:48 am

Society teaches girls to be nasty and catty and back-stabbing to other little girls. I'll stick with my guy friends....they're less likely to try and sleep with my husband.

snuffulufugus Missouri
11/11/12 9:14 pm

Well you're no better stereotyping millions of people

andrewv SC
11/11/12 8:06 pm

I prefer females. Guys, especially teenage guys, tend to be douche bag

suppressedID destiny is right now
11/12/12 8:02 am

...says the clearly-single guy.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/12/12 2:53 pm

Before you get married, have as many friends from the opposite sex as you can. It is valuable relationship skill building. You can also get to know each other without pretenses. Just keep your self respect and respect for them and their parents.

CSGraham
11/12/12 5:57 am

I'd say any girl who generally hangs out with mostly guys is an attention starved tease.
Any guy who generally hangs out with mostly girls is a desperate fool; or gay.
Any married person who keeps close with their opposite sex friends are more likely to cheat in the long run.

christine1986
11/12/12 6:28 am

I had more opposite gender friends until I got married. Then you have to make the choice because its never good to have once your committed. No matter how anyone justifies it.

Chesty
11/11/12 10:25 pm

Chesty as in Chesty Puller most Decorated Marine

gonzoboy Northern AZ
11/12/12 4:30 am

Famous last words! ????????

jiffymix
11/12/12 5:17 am

It was probably 50/50 til I got a serious boyfriend & then married. Now my only close male friend is my husband. And in my wider circle of friends, his buddies are my only male friends - I didn't retain any of my own from my single days bc guys drop out of the picture once you become unavailable.

JanuaryLove
11/11/12 10:00 pm

Interesting. I like that. Complementary genders. Makes sense.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
11/12/12 2:50 pm

If you are married, do not underestimate the danger of friendship with the opposite sex. When things go wrong it is not usually the blatant flirt. It is often the friend with trust, relationship and who understands why we are right and the spouse is a bad person. It is dangerous not wrong.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/11/12 8:14 pm

More of my good friends are male than female, but of my very best, do anything for them forever friends, one is male and two are female. The women are more reliable in a crisis and are more fun to be around; the guy has been closer than a brother for over twenty years.

suppressedID destiny is right now
11/12/12 8:06 am

Lloyd Dobler: I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?
Joe: By choice, man.

11/12/12 5:18 am

Dogs are probably more loyal than humans, you're not missing out ;)

Tink11
11/12/12 5:42 am

I'm a girl and my closest friends are guys. I'm with them 24/7. Of course they're my husband and 3 sons. With having a family I don't have a lot of time for friends but the ones I do get together with, outside of other married couples, are all women.

Gunfighter
11/11/12 10:08 pm

I'm a guy and ALL of my friends are guys. No homo, just a tight group of bros looking out for each other. I din't trust women besides my girlfriend and mother.

andrewv SC
11/11/12 9:20 pm

It's not stereotyping if it's true and from experience.

orchideous Pigfarts
11/11/12 8:17 pm

I wish I had any guy friends. But nope.

crquinones
11/12/12 2:07 am

I have no friends. Im a loner. Just me. Just me and my dog. Alone. Dancing. And drinking margaritas. And napping. I like naps. Alone. All by myself. In the whole bed. Because im a loner.

NotHomeYet formerly fgw0369
11/11/12 9:41 pm

I actually tend to get along better with men (no cattiness), but since I got married, most of my friends are now women.

mammamia
11/12/12 4:10 am

Bro's before hoes.

susanr Colorado
11/11/12 9:00 pm

Actually it's pretty equal.

11/11/12 11:59 pm

Boys. I used to be equal but all of my lady friends left once I became head of something in high school and they all got jealous. So now I either stick with boys or drama-free girls. I've come to despise a lot of people so I don't even bother 1/2 the time on new people.

11/12/12 5:30 pm

@wedaslaves...if you give your friends up because you get married they must not have been very important to you to begin with. Two of my three closest friends are men and I'm not giving them up for anyone.

sydwel
11/11/12 8:12 pm

Same right now, but for me it changes over time.

Sam95 Nebraska
11/12/12 8:52 pm

I was pretty outgoing in kindergarten through 2nd grade and I had sooo many little guy friends. But now a junior in highschool, I'm more quiet and so I really only have two guy friends, we really don't talk much though. I hope I overcome this quietness. I hate it!

Sakura-chan Reading and Writing.
11/11/12 8:32 pm

As a girl, I'd say I judge other girls more harshly as well, but I kinda have to. I'm considered 'weird' by society, so I'm a target for gossip and whatnot. I actually caught a girl talking about me to a whole group of people, and it hurt so much, I was at a Campfire Girls thing, and they were on

Sindri Basilica of Torment
11/11/12 11:05 pm

Huh I like this good one I may use this if you don't mind :P

tdaddy Kentucky
11/12/12 3:38 am

Even though married my answer is still "other."

tdaddy Kentucky
11/12/12 3:42 am

The nice thing about being alone is nobody bitches about your naps. The bad thing is, when you die, nobody finds you until the mailman notices a funny smell coming from under your door. :P

tmh85 Stilwell, Kansas
11/12/12 7:03 pm

Friends are like a trampoline... I've always wanted a tranpoline

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
11/11/12 8:40 pm

@Hatsune sad but true. That's part of why while I try to be friendly to all, few are actually friends.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
11/11/12 8:45 pm

Most of my friends are guys (I'm a guy), and quite frankly it'll probably never get to more than 50% girls like ever. 10% maybe, but anyway. It's just hard to keep things platonic usually with girls (or perceptions around us). Basically, someone becomes a friend if they line up with me on a number…

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
11/11/12 8:46 pm

of things and we can find a lot of conversation points, activities etcetera that can be done together, otherwise they're acquaintances and that's it. That goes for everybody, male or female. It's much easier to keep professional relationships than personal ones :)

11/12/12 5:17 am

Completely agreed. I used to think otherwise. Then I grew up xD

CP
11/11/12 11:38 pm

As a kid I always had more girl friends than guy friends, since I was always more mature for my age and all of the guys were immature ****s lol, but my three bestfriends were guys though. But most of my other friends were girls. Maybe that's why everyone thought I was gay

monkeyy Ohio
11/12/12 2:12 pm

My own gender: I have mostly girl friends. I find it hard sometimes to make friends with guys… I don't really know why. I am too quiet.

sentiment Texas
11/12/12 9:44 pm

Virgin islands 100% ... No wonder they call it that.

MiKEY2012 Florida
11/12/12 5:08 pm

Bros b/4 ho's lol.
Plus I'm gay. So hang w/ mostly gay & straight dudes. "Fag hags" can be a problem although every gay guy has one. I have 2, that's prolly why I got str8 guy friends. They want the str8 girls I hang with!! Lol

Liberty2016
11/11/12 10:13 pm

I have more close friends that are girls (I'm a guy) but more friends that are guys.