palindrome July 5th, 2013 11:42pm

The Zimmerman trial is wrapping up. Do you believe he is guilty?

07/05/13 4:50 pm

Let me list off just SOME of Zimmerman's lies:
-"he jumped out of bushes and surprised me"
>> there are absolutely NO bushes in the area. No where to really hide period. It's a very open area
- "he circled my car"
>> yet he made absolutely NO mention

07/05/13 4:52 pm

of this on the 911 tape
-"he bashed my head in the concrete"
>> they weren't near the sidewalk, unless they got up and continued the struggle in the same position
-"I screamed for help 40 times"
>>despite claiming Martin had his mouth over his nose

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/05/13 6:19 pm

Only in Florida can you follow someone against the advice of a police dispatcher armed like some Wild West cowboy, shoot that person to death, then plead not guilty in their death. The facts aren't in question. He took someone's life.

ishady 86451132020
07/05/13 5:38 pm

Zimmerman didn't defend himself. He wanted to get beat up so he could kill someone. I'll bet you he threatened treyvon to get him to attack.
Something to think about.

07/05/13 4:57 pm

and mouth
-"he reached for my gun"
>>absolutely NO DNA/fingerprint evidence of Martin's on the gun OR holster
-"I returned to my car after the police dispatch told me to"
>>no he didn't. At least not immediately. We could hear him continue running

07/05/13 4:59 pm

-"Martin repeatedly beat my head in the pavement"
>> medical says that's unlikely. His wounds certainly don't indicate repeated impact, perhaps one, but not repeated as Zimmerman claims. Furthermore, she also testified the wounds don't even look like

07/05/13 5:01 pm

they were made by being slammed against the pavement.

07/05/13 5:06 pm

Martin's hands, isn't it? Remember the pictures, Zimmerman was a bloody mess. Blood on the back of his head, eyes, nose and mouth... Yet Martin had no blood on his hands or under his fingernails (indicative of the struggle), nor any real abrasions

07/05/13 4:47 pm

What convinces me the most is his own lies. The man has lied about several critical details.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/05/13 6:08 pm

Beyond a reasonable doubt. If you had to prove guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt "space aliens did it in their sleep" would become a viable defense, and no one would ever be convicted of anything. No crime would ever be punished.

07/05/13 5:07 pm

on his hands besides a tiny scratch under his ring. A tiny scratch on this skinny kids knuckle, no blood on his hands, no blood under his fingernails.... Yet Zimmerman was a bloody mess...? Isn't that the questionable? Those are huge red flags

07/05/13 5:04 pm

-Supposedly, Martin was beating this man to death... That's what Zimmerman claims. Yet the medical examiner testified today that there was absolutely no DNA from Zimmerman under Martin's fingernails or hands. Funny how all that blood managed to avoid

medicjones
07/05/13 5:55 pm

Burden of proof is on the prosecution and they proved nothing. If he is convicted it will be on shaky ground. Beyond a shadow of doubt, that's how it should be. Let him go.

07/05/13 4:48 pm

2nd degree manslaughter

MrWolfe Nashville
07/05/13 7:08 pm

Have a feeling he'll walk based on the specific definition of the charge.
He certainly has that young man's blood on his hands, but I'm not sure he intended for things to play out the way that they did. Negligent & delusional, not malicious. Sad case

forte6627 Ugh
07/06/13 8:01 am

He's guilty and the evidence and his own statements prove it. He approached the boy without announcing his position as neighborhood watch hoping to hunt a criminal but instead killed a innocent visitor/ temporary resident.

07/05/13 10:38 pm

You're right. But given his own testimony, it's not adding up. We'll have to see what the defense argues, but, as it stands, the kid is dead and the ONE guy who knows for sure what happened is giving us all sorts of inconsistencies and lies.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
07/05/13 5:02 pm

Actually the trail is not wrapping up - one side is wrapping up - now the defense will come - then closings - which can make a HUGE impact

fredd TrumpLand
07/05/13 9:28 pm

I'm leaning a little towards guilty. I think it's still not clear what actually happened, but I find the lack of any evidence from martin's nails etc makes Zimmerman's story of a prolonged fight seem doubtful.

CDFL alt right, alt snowflake
07/06/13 8:30 am

I don't understand what he was expecting to do. Stop a random kid in the street with his gun, then do what? Scare him off? Interrogate him?

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/05/13 6:04 pm

"I'll bet you" is not probable cause.

forte6627 Ugh
07/06/13 9:03 am

Nor have they demonized Zimmerman or being a irresponsible gun owner. It is hard not to see that the complexion of these two people may have played a big part to the reaction and comments of people in our society.

ishady 86451132020
07/06/13 6:38 am

My anti-gun stance on here is well known.
I don't think the average numbnut American is responsible enough to carry one. Do you think treyvon should have carried one as well? Or is he excluded in your everyone should carry idea?

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/05/13 6:06 pm

(Much less conviction beyond reasonable doubt.)

ishady 86451132020
07/06/13 6:40 am

Guilty of defending himself from an armed lunatic with a gun. Where have we heard that before?

ishady 86451132020
07/06/13 11:20 am

I agree. But the term " lighter complexion" led me to believe you were implying a racial connotation to this.
George may not be a racist ,but his motivation that night was one of revenge for the ppl that get away. Only he knows what he meant.

0000000
07/05/13 10:35 pm

I agree. I think he's guilty too, but I think about other high-profile cases like O.J. and Casey Anthony and I think he'll walk, too. Sad.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/06/13 2:14 am

There you go again, iShady...

You don't get to convict someone based on reasonable doubt of his innocence. You convict when he is PROVEN guilty BEYOND a reasonable doubt.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/06/13 2:25 am

So we return to "I bet" isn't even probable cause. Be honest. Your belief that he's guilty is a hunch at best. It could even be rooted in your own ideology.

0000000
07/05/13 10:37 pm

Totally, stilettomiss! I hope he gets convicted, but Florida is crazy; so I doubt it.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/05/13 5:08 pm

Maybe he said that because after THAT prosecution, Zimmerman doesn't even need a defense...

07/05/13 5:08 pm

Sorry. I was in a rush when I wrote that. I meant prosecution

0000000
07/05/13 10:44 pm

To me, it's awfully strange that Zimmerman waited til the next day to go to a hospital. Plenty of time to form a plan.

EarlyBird Portland
07/05/13 5:11 pm

One question: other than the gunshot wound, were there any other injuries Martin sustained?

timeout Boston Strong
07/05/13 7:55 pm

I think he is but my feeling is he is going to walk.

forte6627 Ugh
07/06/13 9:24 am

Shady I have not heard one gun advocate say that not even once. A part of me feels if mr. Martin was a lighter complexion than Zimmerman that statement would have been made by pro gun advocates

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/05/13 9:37 pm

Mind control experiment coming along nicely...

My doctoral thesis in Mad Science will be Earth-shattering!

forte6627 Ugh
07/06/13 8:56 am

It is funny how not one gun advocate promote the idea if Mr.Martin had a gun he would have been alive today. But makes hypothetical statements about if the movie goers in Arura, Co carried gun the assailant would have been stopped.

EarlyBird Portland
07/05/13 5:17 pm

Ok, other than gunshot wound and death, any injuries?

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/06/13 6:23 am

You just hate guns enough that you think it's okay to hate the people that have them.

07/06/13 2:30 pm

Exactly shady. What was his intention? He continued chasing him after being told not to. He was armed. Why did he suspect this kid of doing something illegal when Martin was demonstrating no behavior to justify such an assumption?

OhTheIrony Learning from you
07/05/13 4:48 pm

Guilty of what exactly? Which count(s) are you referring to?

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/05/13 5:32 pm

I didn't see anything to make me question my original thought, but it's Florida, so it could go wrong. Like OJ I guess, if they don't get him on this one, they'll get him next time.

rolltribe Ohio
07/05/13 4:49 pm

I definitely believe he is guilty, but I'm not sure if there is enough evidence for a conviction. I'd have to think about it a while longer

EarlyBird Portland
07/05/13 5:37 pm

I've not watched any of the trial but from everything I've heard, not enough evidence to convict.

camigirl
07/05/13 11:17 pm

Thinking with my heart I think he's guilty of everything in the world and should never walk as a free man again. Thinking legally, he's still guilty, but not of second degree murder. I almost wish they went for a different charge so it would've have