Show Of Hands August 18th, 2012 12:00am

Should VP Joe Biden apologize for his "put y'all back in chains" comment at a campaign rally?

dadstad Texas
08/19/12 6:26 am

I think he meant exactly what he said. He should be relieved of his office. Hopefully that happens in November.

adalla Virginia
08/19/12 6:28 am

More of the Dems campaign of fear. Republicans are gonna take health care and abortion away from women; take Medicare away from seniors, and according to Biden put black people back into slavery. Why do we set the ability bar so low for this guy? He shouldn't apologize, he should resign.

kytoaltoky
08/19/12 11:26 pm

Can't you hear the deafening roar of millions of black people calling Biden a racist and asking him to apologize? No? Listen...

...*crickets*

palindrome California
08/19/12 1:44 pm

I am a mixed Latin American/black person. All I see on tv are white people complaining about race baiting and how it as inappropriate. It's kind of makes me laugh.
I heard the comment and wasn't offended in the least. I know exactly how Biden meant it. They want I put us all back in chains- except

lisalashe
08/19/12 6:30 am

Oh? Now the white man is standing up for the black man and calling out racism?? Funny it happens SOLELY when it benefits the white man's agenda. I'm black, it wasn't a racist comment, and he doesn't need to apologize. Try again Romney supporters, try much much harder. Smh

palindrome California
08/19/12 1:45 pm

he said it as Biden often does, with passion and soul. He knew his audience and he wanted to say something from the heart. They want to put y'all back in chains- he wasn't saying that to black people but he was saying it IN FRONT of black people. I have plenty of white friends that pick up on the

Doopy Remedial Americanism
08/18/12 10:40 pm

He should, but I really hope he doesn't...

commonsense America isnt racist
08/18/12 10:40 pm

It was about race. He was speaking to mostly black folks, and his inflection
Of his last sentence was geared to say "you black folks need to be scared. whitey's comin to get ya".
Everyone knows what he did.

dflem Arizona
08/19/12 10:27 am

If Biden has to apologize Romney should have to too for using the same type of analogy in his speech. Get off the race war people

lisalashe
08/19/12 6:32 am

Heck for all I know Romney may just try and put me back in chains. *shrug*

palindrome California
08/19/12 1:48 pm

vernacular and style only when around black people. I do the same thing also. Biden has been a long time friend and ally of the black community. He's a brother.

Wolf Blitzer and the lot are a bunch of morons and idiots. THEY'RE the ones trying to cause a hullabaloo about a white guy talking like a

honest
08/19/12 6:33 am

I find it hard to accept the defense that states that he meant to say or that's not what he meant to say. How could you possibly know what he meant to say? He's an adult, he can say what he means. It's a defense used when people can't be objective.

DamageInc California
08/18/12 10:43 pm

No. Forced apologies are worthless!

zanoeg Union County, NC
08/19/12 6:46 am

I thought the GOP was the party of hate.

palindrome California
08/19/12 1:50 pm

black guy.

The comment is- he [Romney] wants to put us all back in chains.

And it's something Biden and many believe. The Romney/Ryan plan will put us right back into Wall St's shabby clutches all over again

yepnope Maryland
08/19/12 6:46 am

I agree smt. This will blow over because it is not a real issue. We are a nation caught up in bs sensationalism when it comes to politics because of our garbage news here. You people act like you don't feel the same as me when the opposite party says dumb things. Use that golden rule everyone.

palindrome California
08/19/12 1:51 pm

There are so many errors. I hate this keyboard- sorry

praetorianus65
08/18/12 10:49 pm

OK I see he was like a bull in a china shop.
I wonder if Obama doesn't have second thoughts about his running mate.
Does anybody think Biden is a good choice?

Think Lovin Life
08/19/12 10:33 am

dflem ... You are so clueless! There is simply no moral equivalence between "unshackled Wall Street" and "put y'all back in chains".

Sorry for you and your lame attempt to show equivalence, but it just isn't there!

08/19/12 1:52 pm

Elbrutus33; yeah thats exactly what I was thinking. Actually I have to laugh when I think about the way democrats treat someone like Sarah Palin. Frankly we are so used to Biden at this point I don't even listen anymore, just when his gaffs make the late night shows. It does say something about the

TheDad Florida
08/18/12 10:49 pm

I like him in there he is like Dan Quail someone so stupid he keeps the president safe because no one wants him as president

onendone On a Beach
08/19/12 10:34 am

Walking gaffe machine. Perfect compliment for the completely incompetent president. Anyone paying attention knows these two idiots are the worst to hold office in the last 100 years.

08/18/12 10:51 pm

The only good democrat is a dead democrat

ishady 86451132020
08/19/12 6:52 am

I thought you were against everyone being so " pc". Nvr2l8? Ppl who believe in policies of racial equality will get a pass when they are perceived as being racist. The radical right has a lot more work to prove they aren't. Their voter suppression policies show their bias towards whites.

08/19/12 1:53 pm

choice a president makes. Some just want a lap dog that bring a certain voting block others bring experience.

fausey93
08/18/12 10:52 pm

Reading between the lines and coming up with your own translation is pointless. Move on.

burnsey89 Louisiana
08/18/12 10:53 pm

Funny how he can say that but had Ryan said it he'd be deep fried by the msm.

ishady 86451132020
08/19/12 6:54 am

Even if that wasn't their intention. They do think welfare is all about minority's when the statistics disprove that. That among other policy is why they aren't forgiven.

2katz I live in Nebraska
08/18/12 11:01 pm

I'm a conservative, and I say no apology necessary. Just an example of both sides wanting to jump on any trivial thing. He didn't mean it the way people are so eager to use it.

Think Lovin Life
08/19/12 10:38 am

UnholyBabble ... Did Rick Santorum -- a northern white guy -- break into a fake southern drawl? Was MrS talking to a black crowd? Did he say that the audience would be put BACK into chains?

Democrats always resort to equivalence because you've got no leg to stand on! Mr Biden was wrong. Deal!!!

kube
08/18/12 11:06 pm

Seriously, if a Republican made that statement the media and dems would go haywire. No doubt!

KoineGeek Arkansas
08/19/12 2:11 pm

I'm really sick of all the feigned outrage. The dems started it and now the repubs are fighting back with same silly nonsense. Let candidates say what they want and let the public make their choice without the media and the opposition trying to whip up the mindless rabble. Common shepple!

adalla Virginia
08/19/12 2:11 pm

Pali - you really think you're not in "wall street's shabby clutches" any more? How exactly did this administration accomplish that? Wall street still isn't regulated by the fed. No new rules, no new policies. You think you're being duped here? Again?

cowboy Dawns Highway
08/20/12 2:22 pm

Joe Boden should apologize for living. What a stupid human being.

08/19/12 10:39 am

Proven once again that it just depends on who says it. As if all democrats know the intent of their fellow democrats. So an apology is not needed because we all know down deep Joe has a great heart, he is just not too bright. He is like a box of chocolates, you just never know what you're gonna get!

Think Lovin Life
08/19/12 10:41 am

Unholy Babble ... Are you suggesting that MrO doesn't have blood on his hands? If so, you've been hiding in a cave for four years! Many innocents have been caught up as collateral losses as MrO has hunted terrorist on his kill list.

I'd suggest not only blood, but innocent blood.

StNik North Carolina
08/19/12 10:41 am

Holy Babble- saying you got blood on your hands is said by people from both sides on a regular basis.

Saying someone will be put in chains is pure race bating, plain and simple. Biden is trying to scare minorities even if he is talking about Wall Street.

JaquesV Bentonville, AR
08/19/12 2:15 pm

He might as well just apologize every time he opens his mouth. He's an idiot.

MrMilkdud
08/19/12 7:05 am

Joe just doesn't know any better- like all dems, he just can't help but see black people as former slaves in need of government help.

DaPlaya
08/18/12 11:15 pm

@durza... Is it really necessary to say something like that?

wiildkat Propertarian
08/19/12 7:10 am

Everyone knows Biden says stupid things. That's old news.

JaquesV Bentonville, AR
08/19/12 2:20 pm

Republicans and Democrats both want you in chains and don't ever think they want anything else.

bbkkanders Kentucky
08/19/12 2:27 pm

I tend to not be politically correct, most of the time it's just because we've became a nation of cry baby's that get feeling hurt. However I would not even have stooped as low as joe the buffoon.

brettshel Bernie Would Have Won
08/18/12 11:21 pm

Hmm... All of the sudden, republicans care about racism issues. Strange, they never have before.

commonsense America isnt racist
08/19/12 7:14 am

Dems are racists. Look at their history.
-created KKK
-voted against civil rights
(all true, read your history)