Show Of Hands December 17th, 2012 12:00am

Are you holding an iOS (Apple) or Android device right now?

buffalony
12/18/12 3:08 pm

I bet you can't explain why you iSheep. You just do whatever your shepard (Apple) tells you to do.

buffalony
12/18/12 2:53 pm

@turkey187 Well first of all, it is an ANDROID phone, not a DROID. You Apple fanboys don't get it do you?

mjohn620
12/18/12 2:49 pm

That's not a great comparison since one is the size of a cell phone and one is a tablet. Of course a tablet is going to be easier to type on than an iPod, regardless of the manufacturer.

mjohn620
12/18/12 2:46 pm

I have two friends with Androids. Both of them have shattered screens....

13yrOldGamer The Awesome
12/18/12 2:02 pm

But I still prefer apple devices

13yrOldGamer The Awesome
12/18/12 2:02 pm

I agree but you could jailbreak ur device it legal in the us and apple rarely actually voids your warranty they just say they will so more money will go to them

satiricalnick meh
12/18/12 1:34 pm

He must be using a windows phone.

satiricalnick meh
12/18/12 1:30 pm

Dont forget the components that make up the iphone that came from murderous african warlords.

satiricalnick meh
12/18/12 1:28 pm

If apple would just let us download third party apps, they'd smoke the other smart phones. Instead, everything has to be apples way, or the highway. My next smart phone purchase will be android, screw you apple.

techgirl89 Michigan
12/18/12 1:17 pm

i may also add, android phones are made of plastic not glass. I've dropped my phone numerous times. there is not yet one scratch on my screen. you can't say that about apple.

techgirl89 Michigan
12/18/12 1:17 pm

techgirl89 Michigan
12/18/12 1:15 pm

I once owned an iPod touch. Now i own an android as of this past February and will never go back. I have officially boycotted Apple for their unfair treatment of Asian employees. Just think, your iPhone was probably made by 10 workers who later committed suicide. is it worth it?

inge MIA
12/18/12 12:53 pm

I completely disagree. It's faster an way better quality.

turkey187
12/18/12 12:38 pm

No we all have friends with Droids, and have played with them plenty. We know exactly what we're "missing"

WhoDatNation Louisiana
12/18/12 12:28 pm

If you have Iphone, you have no clue what you are missing.

pjn0524 Pacific Northwest
12/18/12 11:55 am

I would love SOH for my Android tablet but apparently they are not compatible :( ... I have an HKC P771A tablet that I love!

pjn0524 Pacific Northwest
12/18/12 11:51 am

I can't understand why anybody could listen to Democrats and believe the tripe, let alone spend hundreds if not thousands for a brand.

frog44
12/18/12 11:51 am

I've always had my iPhone 3 - 4 - 4S and never had anything go wrong. I'm a business user. Those in the company who have androids love theirs, but never used iPhones, and all of them have crashed or died several times.... But always get a newer one that will never crash again ...!!?? Never learn...

pjn0524 Pacific Northwest
12/18/12 11:43 am

That's not true. I use both systems. My iPod touch and my Android tablet, which is much easier to read from and type on! I am 51, by the way.

Sijray21 Northern Virginia
12/18/12 11:41 am

Galaxy S3 holder here. I absolutely love my phone, but i also have an iPad3. It errors/force closes all the time with various apps; instead of showing the exception it just brings me to the home screen. The IPhone 5 appears nice, but if it's anything like my iPad3 I'll continue with my S3.

cbbfle Nashville, TN
12/18/12 11:19 am

I code. I am tech support for many people I know. I know the insides of computers well. I have an iphone.

cbbfle Nashville, TN
12/18/12 11:18 am

When my contract is up, I'm gonna buy a top if the line droid, and try it out for a few weeks.

gonzoboy Arizona
12/18/12 10:57 am

@Dinglberry, Yes, downloaded the new You Tube app, but still issues. If there IS any improvement, it's so incremental that it's hardly perceptible!

gonzoboy Arizona
12/18/12 10:54 am

@FIAT2LUX, you have to ask telepathically! :)

cbbfle Nashville, TN
12/18/12 10:38 am

How is the battery life on those? Screen color accuracy?
I'd love a 2k iPhone... And that 12 core graphics processor...
Although some may excel in certain areas, the iPhone is amazing in all areas.

hazhap1 Las Vegas
12/18/12 10:36 am

Contrary to their TV commercials.. The only droid users I know are 40+ and don't grasp the concept of apps in the least.

cbbfle Nashville, TN
12/18/12 10:32 am

Take it to an apple store. I bet it is still covered.

cbbfle Nashville, TN
12/18/12 9:51 am

The hardware is ridiculous. Many just prefer android os better. Or a huge screen.

oceania New Jersey
12/18/12 9:47 am

And 90% of the people here shouting out how much better Apple is than Android have never actually used an Android for long enough to have an actual opinion.

AlexD Respectful Debate
12/18/12 9:36 am

Samsung Galaxy S III, HTC Droid DNA

oceania New Jersey
12/18/12 9:33 am

Oh yeah. Have you tried installing an app that wasn't from the app store lately? Or replacing your keyboard with one that predicts your next word or lets you swipe words? Have you watched a video and thought, this would be better on a bigger screen? Have you tried to open a zip file?

oceania New Jersey
12/18/12 9:28 am

Anyone who actually used an Android and switched over to Apple either had a cheap p.o.s. Android or was just too computer illiterate to understand anything but Apple's one-size-fits-all products.

timeout Boston Strong
12/18/12 8:50 am

Apple has the best products... iPhone 5

Lumineer
12/18/12 8:44 am

Say what you will about Apple, but DESIGN-wise, nothing beats an Apple product. They are beautiful little machines. Maybe, you can't customize your keyboard as you'd like, but I definitely have a high appreciation for the sleekness, and simplicity of their products as a whole.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
12/18/12 8:43 am

Regarding first world tech issues, I don't think anything will be fast enough until implants are available.

Lumineer
12/18/12 8:40 am

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
12/18/12 8:39 am

But you can't eat an iPhone… ;)

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
12/18/12 8:38 am

Read down the comments, Tony already addressed that.

UCLASucks
12/18/12 8:06 am

Neither. I'm doing this telepathically.

winterover McMurdo Station
12/18/12 7:40 am

Just like I don't understand why anyone would be a member of the Republican Party, I don't understand why anyone would use anything but an iPhone.
But, even though I don't understand, I am very glad that we're not all the same!

coachgeorge95 Texas
12/18/12 7:39 am

Funny how iOS far outnumbers the 'droid, but the comments here are almost as lopsided towards the 'droid.

AlexD Respectful Debate
12/18/12 7:15 am

If I'm not mistaken, SoH has been available on iOS a LOT longer than Android? Would explain a lot of the difference. Tony?

hmh461 tn
12/18/12 7:09 am

Was really surprised to see the age and wealth difference be very close in results. Not sure why, it was surprising to see old & young, rich & poor, vote android crap! :)

AlexD Respectful Debate
12/18/12 7:04 am

Agreed Apple is the original. But the reason you don't see people in line for Android is that there are new phones being released throughout the year, unlike iOS. More choice for Android is both a plus and a minus. And I would argue that at the high end, Android phones meet or exceed iOS.