BigKennyShow November 5th, 2013 12:06am

A local city is is giving security guards the authority to write parking violation tickets to cars illegally parked in the mall parking lot. Should mall security have this authority?

Wackacrat Harford County
11/05/13 5:59 am

I'm ok with it but they can't have any authority over you besides you might not be allowed on the property if the ticket is still unpaid.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/04/13 11:04 pm

Yes I rolled down my window and cheered one-on when he was writing a ticket to some jerk was parked in handicapped parking.

fredd TrumpLand
11/04/13 5:47 pm

Depends. They could go nuts and start ticketing people who are parked across the parking bay lines etc, or those child and family spaces which I think is overreaching.

fredd TrumpLand
11/04/13 5:49 pm

But I'm fine with more ticketing of people in disabled bays without placards or those idiots who park at the red curb, outside the store doors and run in with their flashers on, blocking the dropped curb for wheel chairs etc.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
11/04/13 5:44 pm

Mall security should be able to call a tow truck, but under the current system, only cops should be writing tickets.

megomez712 Vagabond
11/04/13 5:31 pm

I get tickets from meter maids not the police so I'm not really surprised by this

dudley northern Virginia woods
11/04/13 5:20 pm

Otherwise who cares. But who watches the watchers? Today a parking ticket. Tomorrow they get zapped for I descent exposure.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
11/04/13 5:11 pm

If I got a ticket from a mall cop - I would kick their Segway. Oh HELL no.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
11/04/13 5:16 pm

Give the guy a doughnut and call it a day. I've never gotten a parking ticket, and I certainly don't plan on getting one (especially not from a mall cop... No offense to them).

Kay41 the Midwest
11/04/13 5:50 pm

My husband is a mall cop. :(

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
11/04/13 5:54 pm

My sister is the head of a mall security team. She pokes fun at them all the time.
I'm only joking about most of what I said. I just don't think they should be allowed to hand out tickets. Sorry, Kay... It wasn't meant as a serious mention.

Kay41 the Midwest
11/04/13 5:55 pm

Lol! I am totally teasing you! My husband has his Master's Degree in psychology and is a family counselor. :)

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
11/04/13 5:58 pm

Scared the shiznit out of me...
Um, you're mean. :P

Kay41 the Midwest
11/04/13 5:59 pm

I told my husband what I did and he said I was mean too!
I will go back to being Sweet Kay now..... :)

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/04/13 11:05 pm

I cannot imagine you parking in the handicapped parking space. That's what they do here.

icytoes the tepid north
11/04/13 5:09 pm

We've had the private parking authority here in Anchorage on and off over the years. There are pros & cons. Biggest pro: frees up real cops to do real cop business. Biggest con: parking nazis who stalk meters WAITING for them to expire