droo November 2nd, 2013 10:25pm

Do you downrate blatantly biased polls intended by the user to promote a certain agenda or make a certain statement?

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
11/04/13 4:36 am

Any poorly written poll gets downgraded. And biased poll questions are poorly written. They can be written in a way where they don't come off as biased.

Gingerred primum non nocere
11/03/13 9:38 am

I thought that was what down voting was for. I mean most of the time I hear the complaint is 'don't down vote just because you don't like the subject'. And I don't. I only down vote when the poll itself is bad. I try to look at things objectively.

fredd TrumpLand
11/02/13 8:35 pm

Occasionally. It depends really, some are biased but thought-provoking. I don't mind that.

icytoes the tepid north
11/02/13 6:16 pm

Only if by answering it, I am forced to choose from 2 options which both oppose my beliefs/opinion.

icytoes the tepid north
11/02/13 6:23 pm

Clarification - I don't care if it's biased as long as it still allows me to vote somewhere close to my beliefs.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
11/02/13 6:15 pm

The only polls that I even consider down voting are the ones where the answers don't make sense. Political statements are fine whether or not I agree with them.

WillametteKevin Mossopolis
11/02/13 5:53 pm

This app is all about questions. If someone is asking offensive questions, they figure that out. I find SOHers are not afraid of making comments that interest or offend them.

DavesNotHere where am I
11/02/13 5:34 pm

I'll down a poll if it's blatantly biased and they just want or need people to agree with them.

Ariella LovePeaceNHappiness
11/02/13 5:00 pm

No. I will more than likely just scroll past it, but I wouldn't give it a thumbs down. I just wouldn't rate it.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
11/02/13 4:34 pm

Only if I disagree with the agenda or statement.

Skarface Banned
11/02/13 3:46 pm

I usually answer them. I follow one user in particular that seems to have some sort of dastardly ulterior motive with every single poll.

droo Santa Barbara
11/02/13 3:49 pm

Ahh where would we be without Reb -err- Rebel Jedi Luke Skywalker... in Star Wars. You know.

Skarface Banned
11/02/13 3:51 pm

Lol. I see that I'm not the only one that finds reb-err-Skywalker's polls to be biased to the point of being silly.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
11/02/13 5:04 pm

I know people do this to my polls, or seems childish to me

Skarface Banned
11/02/13 5:08 pm

I'd rather not. Just so you know, I could probably count on one hand how many times I've disliked one of your polls.

droo Santa Barbara
11/02/13 5:40 pm

Same. We're just poking fun, Reb, no need to take offense. I have never downrated a poll of yours actually and I quite enjoy the audacity with which you proclaim you passionate opinions through them.

susanr Colorado
11/02/13 3:41 pm

Sometimes. I might if the poll is downright nasty, employs denigrating terms, and/or has answer options that insult someone - either the user, if they want to vote "no" instead of agreeing with the author's obvious bias, or a subject of the poll...

susanr Colorado
11/02/13 3:44 pm

..for example, the President, if the answer is a choice between "liar" and "idiot" (I use that specifically because I've seen *many* of that nature.) And yes I down-rate whether I personally like the author &/or agree with the overall point, or not.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
11/02/13 3:37 pm

More often than not. I have specific rating criteria, but if it's very biased or guiding - I will generally down-rate.

droo Santa Barbara
11/02/13 3:29 pm

And I mean on that basis only, even if you agree with the viewpoint that inspired the user to publish the biased poll and even if you like the point that said user is trying to make.

tenletters New York
11/02/13 3:29 pm

I just ignore and scroll pass them. If they're incredibly awful and nasty then I'll downvote.