GetEduc8d November 2nd, 2013 3:11pm

Crazy idea: Instead of falling back an hour & then springing forward & then falling back, over & over, let's just fall back a half hour to split the difference & be done with it. What do you think?

GetEduc8d learning more everyday
11/02/13 5:03 pm

I'm amazed there's so many people who want to stick with DST. What are some of the reasons for keeping it?

ebailey1218 Over The Rainbow
11/03/13 2:16 am

I like the long summer days, but I am not sure I like them enough to keep DST

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
11/02/13 10:49 am

We should just have two time zones and skip the daylight savings nonsense. Pacific goes to Mountain (but call it Pacific or Western or something), Central goes to Eastern, and we never have to change our clocks again.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
11/02/13 10:14 am

I just made a poll about this last night. There are actually many negative consequences including a spike in suicides and heart attacks and a cost ranging in the billions - for no energy savings - I say stop changing

Nizabelle Cambridge, MA
11/02/13 9:05 am

Oh yes please! I can't remember where I read this as it was about a decade ago in high school but whoever it was was writing about all the reasons why we should get rid of it and the main reason why we haven't abolished the concept is because

Nizabelle Cambridge, MA
11/02/13 9:07 am

The airlines make their flight plans years in advance and it would screw them up to change to the time. All that says to me is that whoever is in charge of such things just needs to work with the airlines and then we can all live happily ever after with the time.

JanuaryLove
11/02/13 10:46 am

This doesn't sound right to me. Airlines change schedules all the time. Actual flight plans are filed within, IIRC, two hours of the actual take-off. This is a non-issue as far as I can tell.
It makes no sense to continue changing time back & forth.

Nizabelle Cambridge, MA
11/02/13 1:50 pm

I'm not talking about flight plans, I mean the schedules of what time and flight number they are assigned. It's a schedule thing they were referring to. I rally can't remember where I read it and it was a decade ago but I'll look for something pertaining to it, I'll let you know what I find.

JanuaryLove
11/02/13 1:59 pm

Ok. I get what you're saying. And FWIW, I agree with you. Let's just have someone in charge of time changes sit down & talk to someone in charge of flight schedules & shift all the flights to the appropriate slots. There. Done.

JanuaryLove
11/02/13 2:00 pm

No more twice-a-year time-change nuisance. :)

Nizabelle Cambridge, MA
11/02/13 2:21 pm

Isn't the only reason why day light savings even invented just for the farmers anyway? We don't need it anymore, it doesn't serve anybody and all it does is annoy and confuse us and our clocks!

JanuaryLove
11/02/13 2:25 pm

I agree! And yes, to the best of my knowledge, it mainly benefitted farmers. I have farmers in my family. They are typically in the fields as late as 11pm, time change or not, because their equipment all has high powered lights these days.

Ebola1 Florida
11/02/13 8:53 am

Just man/woman up and fall back!

XercesBlue ...
11/02/13 8:41 am

Why do so many people take issue with daylight savings time? Here, it makes sense with the way the sunlight changes.. And we don't even have real seasons here..

XercesBlue ...
11/02/13 8:42 am

I don't get why it's an issue or an inconvenience.

1txteacher Dickinson Gator Swamp
11/02/13 8:39 am

I love this idea it saves a lot of "argument" about one or the other in the future! I've beef saying this for years. Let's start a campaign

TomM
11/02/13 8:18 am

Just choose one of them, either daylight saving or regular time, and stop this crazy time changing thing.

Kay41 the Midwest
11/02/13 8:37 am

Yes, and I say keep daylight savings!

GetEduc8d learning more everyday
11/02/13 8:58 am

If you keep just one of them the the light hours compared to waking hours gets messed up at some point in the year. That's why I suggested to split the difference.

kermie gaytopia
11/02/13 9:06 am

Who CARES if light hours are messed up? Why are we trying to "fix" nature????