Squidboy November 1st, 2013 2:37pm

Citing a rise in claims and new 'fees' imposed on employers by the ACA (Obamacare) my medical insurance rate for 2014 is increasing by 15%. If you know, have your costs increased above or below 15% for 2014?

fredd TrumpLand
11/02/13 9:49 am

Very little change for me. My company got a small refund for admin costs thanks to the 85%(?) rule so they applied that and kept costs the same. So expecting a rise next year.

ajpreyes Laveen
11/01/13 10:58 am

My employer launched a new plan with much higher out of pocket limit but also allowed higher FSA limit and much cheaper premium. Net effect is my insurance is actually cheaper now!

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
11/01/13 10:20 am

Mine are actually going up less than the last five years - only $20 per month - which is .0001%

tdaddy Kentucky
11/01/13 9:11 am

Such price gouging may help garner public support for a government health insurance plan, one that has the funds it needs to do business as a non-profit organization. When insurance companies face real competition they will be forced to play fair.

tdaddy Kentucky
11/01/13 9:17 am

Give the House and Senate more Democrat seats in the midterms and they may empower Congress to pass the legislation to do this even before President Obama's second term ends.

fredd TrumpLand
11/02/13 9:50 am

A public option should be a no-brainer but hey we must protect the insurance companies!

TomM
11/01/13 9:05 am

Don't know yet. I voted under because I cannot believe it will go up again. I know the deductible goes up and coverage is now only 80% but co-pays go away. I haven't figured out the end result and all the other details. It's opening Wednesday.

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
11/01/13 8:02 am

My question is what excuse have they been giving for the last 10 years while I've been HOSED by increases in cost and decreases in coverage? The ACA isn't retroactive.

Seems awfully convenient.

Mattwall1
11/01/13 8:15 am

It's is awfully convenient. I love when people say congress should have to join the exchanges. In theory yeah sure, but with how the law is written THEY CAN'T IT'S ILLEGAL. Sorry for going in a tangent

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/01/13 8:17 am

premiums have been steadily rising for 20 years and are likely to continue as the population ages - but this is the biggest single jump I have experienced. It also runs counter to Obama's fantasy that premiums will decrease with the ACA.

Mattwall1
11/01/13 8:23 am

Agreed. That was a lie that ACA supporters made, when they should've said what the facts seemed to support which was slower growth, whereas opponents took the opposite end and shouted there would be massive growth well beyond any estimates made by economists or any if the federal budget offices.

Ebola1 Florida
11/01/13 9:27 am

Why can't people see that the insurance companies are getting a HUGE windfall from the ACA? Why do you think they let it happen?

Mattwall1
11/01/13 9:28 am

I agree Ebola. Most democrats that are against the ACA are against it because of that

duey in a fools paradise
11/01/13 1:48 pm

The insurance companies are playing it smart raising prices to cover expected costs of 26 year olds pre existing conditions and no limit policies. You must know excessive profits are returned to the policy holders? This year it was 1.8 billion.

duey in a fools paradise
11/01/13 7:49 am

Wait until you see your new co-pays and deductibles. Last year out of pocket deductibles wouldn't exceed &1850 Now they are over $4,000. Co-pay was $10 now $40...