doctalk October 30th, 2013 12:58pm

Assuming you are a person who would benefit from a lifestyle improvement that you have not taken, is your lack of action related to proper motivation or do you need additional information for conviction?

JanuaryLove
10/30/13 1:20 pm

Definitely motivation. I know that soda is bad for me, but I just can't seem to kick it.

10/30/13 9:03 pm

Diet soda does not hit the satiety centers. High Fructose corn syrup has its own list. Try fruit juices. I dilute mine 10:1. You may also need to deal the caffeine reduction. Good luck.

JanuaryLove
10/30/13 10:20 pm

I generally drink caffeine free diet soda. For years, I thought this was actually a healthy choice: No caffeine & no calories, win-win. By the time I learned better, I had apparently developed an addiction to aspartame. :(

fredd TrumpLand
10/30/13 10:45 am

My lack of action is due to ... laziness.

I can claim I'm busy or whatever but it's really because I can't be bothered to properly organize it into my life.

I'm working on it ... slowly.

10/30/13 1:09 pm

When the student fails it can be the responsibility of the teacher. You might consider a personal trainer or empower a friend to help you kick start your next program.

fredd TrumpLand
10/30/13 6:11 pm

Yeah, I'm trying to rope my wife into some kind of exercise program in return for eating more boring green stuff.

10/30/13 9:19 pm

Kick the boring. Mandarin oranges and toasted almonds on the salad w a squeeze of lemon juice... Or three types of olives and croutons...or heritage tomatos... Or arugula to spice it all up... Or walnuts and blue cheese crumbles. Gourmet: 90 seconds

chickencookie It really is
10/30/13 8:47 am

There is nothing I have that will help or cure me of my three incurables.
Maybe one night with a hot guy lol.

10/30/13 10:17 am

Great Sex is the Great Equalizer. It can make a bad day and/or a rough life all better.

chickencookie It really is
10/30/13 10:28 am

Think of the money Id save on co pays

TierasPet
10/30/13 8:40 am

Sadly, it's lack of motivation.

10/30/13 10:17 am

Kick ass or Kick It. Tiera choses kick it

pietsch Another Adoring Fan
10/30/13 8:16 am

I don't need information. I need money.

10/30/13 10:18 am

Money helps. But I have chopped wood, walked, and moved rocks when I could not afford a fitness membership.

JeremeFree California
10/30/13 7:49 am

Motivation for sure. I've been trying to quit smoking cigs for a while now. Made it a couple weeks each time, and then a huge stressor hits and I'm back to it.

10/30/13 10:20 am

Nicotine is more addictive per most studies than Heroine and Cocaine! Join a group and by all means get a Buddy, then tell EVERYONE in your circle to support you and spoil you while quiting.

JeremeFree California
10/30/13 10:51 am

Now the spoiling I can get behind, lol! Thank you for the advice doc! :)

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/30/13 7:33 am

I would say motivation. The weight-loss group I go to Tops, take off pounds sensibly is an amazing support and motivation group. When someone loses weight we applaud them. If they gain weight we tell them you we are glad you were here.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/30/13 7:35 am

We have informative all programs that help people to lose weight and keep it off. You get ulcers of rewards and charms for losing weight. We have contest. When you lose your weight you become a KOPS keep off pounds sensibly. It is an Honor Society.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/30/13 7:35 am

There you learn how to keep your weight off you get a lot of support and rewards for maintaining your weight not going down too far, nor gaining it back again. You get charms for exercising too.

10/30/13 10:22 am

Go go Tops... Glad to hear it is working for you. Gaining your ideal weight takes a Village... A village without MCd would help

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/30/13 7:00 am

The only motivation that motivates me is information. Solid, reliable, specific information. To get me to quit smoking, for example, don't tell me it might or probably will kill me - give me a test that proves I'm in the group it WILL kill.

10/30/13 10:26 am

Bernie was a successful smoker who died at 87. Would he have lived longer w/o smoke? We can only give you statistics on general populations not individuals. I still miss Bernie. At 85 he was helping me pour my own driveway.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/30/13 11:21 am

Probably not a great example, because smoking almost certainly has a negative effect on your quality of life even if it isn't what ultimately kills you. I just don't like playing odds either way. I want a report of what I'm uniquely susceptible to.

Sean Go Devils
10/30/13 6:33 am

Motivation. I suck. Did I mention I'm the President of the Order of the United Procrastinators Club?

10/30/13 10:27 am

Did you take my job!

10/30/13 10:29 am

Your health has to supersede. Sick
Parents have kids who miss out. Work on striking that balance. It is not easy but it is rewarding.

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
10/30/13 6:22 am

Motivate. I am generally healthy, but have been a smoker for almost 30 years. I have found the perfect aid in quitting. It sits right here before me. I managed to quit for two months using it. Somehow I returned to the habit. Have all the motivation

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
10/30/13 6:25 am

anyone could hope for, but yet I continue to poison myself. More knowledge isn't what I need. My aunt has emphysema and after quitting for ten years, started up again. So, I am not sure what will finally get me to stop.

10/30/13 10:31 am

Read above comment for quiting. I have a few hints That i will post as a poll soon. I have a little over 100,000 successful quitters on my list. Want to try soon?

dahawwl Texas
10/30/13 6:19 am

I don't believe everything I read or hear. I like to investigate. But, I am very quick to make changes once I am convinced.

10/30/13 10:34 am

Smart. If we tried all we read I would be years behind still working on the Lollypop Diet or Popcorn for life.

dahawwl Texas
10/30/13 10:54 am

:D you are so right...and funny.