Fjolsvin October 29th, 2013 6:53pm

My wife is presently being held hostage at work by the local pd due to an unspecified threat against one of the other workers in the facility (over 1500 work there). Do you think that the use of "lockdowns" by police departments is overused?

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/29/13 7:10 pm

Just an update nearly 12 hours later she is still being held against her will at the hospital at which she works. There has been no action on the threat that was called in by an ex cop to shoot his ex wife yet the staff is still held hostage.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/29/13 6:27 pm

The last time I was held hostage was by the police who took over the parliamentary complex, including secret tunnels, elevators and roads. They were demanding to be paid overtime and some were drunk while discharging live rounds in the building...

camigirl
10/29/13 12:02 pm

I think it's a bit over reactive. But I would rather have that than carelessness.

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/29/13 12:30 pm

I completely disagree there is no excuse to violate the rights of the citizen in exchange for imagined safety. In addition the ap photos from the Roseville lockdown show officers violating basic firearm safety rules like pointing it at someone.

camigirl
10/29/13 1:17 pm

I don't quite see how keeping someone in a building for their own safety is violating rights. That's the only extent of details you gave in your question.

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/29/13 1:28 pm

She wants to come home, she is not charged with a crime, she is not under arrest nor being detained. She is free to go or she is being held in violation of the general principals of a free society and her human right of freedom of movement

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/29/13 1:30 pm

The Scotus has ruled repeatedly that the state cannot restrict the movement of people unless they are under arrest, detained or have been by due process convicted of a crime. The UN has declared the same to be a basic human right

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/29/13 6:27 pm

Nope held involuntarily and in my opinion illegally because one if their own decided to twist off

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/29/13 6:44 pm

It sounds like you like to fight authority a lot. Cease and desist orders, complaints and stress. I would assume they are trying to help and try to not create a reason for suspicion. If they get suspicious, they will drive you bonkers...

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/29/13 6:49 pm

They interrogated my wife once, in our home. A neighbor was getting racial hate calls and my wife was questioned because of where we came from. Obviously it was incorrect. However, they used dirty psychological tactics and harassment to intimidate

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/29/13 12:01 pm

Me to best part is the man that called in the threat is an ex-cop.

Posco BBQ Enthusiast
10/29/13 12:05 pm

Wow, he's really accomplishing that whole "outstanding citizen" part.

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/29/13 12:08 pm

Well at the moment I hope he is out standing... Out standing in a field some place far from the facility.

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/29/13 11:54 am

Another local neighborhood was locked down last week. Even though the suspect was holed up in a house the pd setup checkpoints around the area and pointed loaded weapons at residents when they tried to go home