RepMorris October 28th, 2013 9:36pm

Independents: The Virtual Congress Independents will now choose the Independent Party Leader, Party Whip, and Deputy Whip. The rules for running to be any of these is available in the comments

10/29/13 3:40 pm

The official leaders of the Independent Party of the Independent Party are the following. Party Leader - Veritas... (I) of Texas. Party Whip - Osouless (I) of New York. Deputy Whip - Gd21 (I) of Massachusetts.

10/29/13 3:44 pm

It is required that these three Congressmen send me a Skype IM message to user name a-fly-pa to confirm their positions. They must do so within 24 hours of this very moment or lose their positions. Congratulations to you three.

osouless Whats Next
10/29/13 4:27 pm

I'd like to thank the 17 people who entrusted me with this position and it's responsibilities!

ChubbyWombat The Shire
10/28/13 7:47 pm

I am both a mature and honest person. I know what is right and, despite the differences that divide the Independent party, I believe we can be united and have our voices heard in virtual congress. Vote potato!

NateE Moderate Republican
10/28/13 7:36 pm

I wouldn't mind being the party leader, sorry I just got home

zman117 Ohio
10/28/13 8:02 pm

The Separate Powers Compromise prohibits an individual from holding a high office in both the executive and legislative branches.

zman117 Ohio
10/28/13 8:11 pm

Haha yeah it does. If it was allowed I would do it. Then I could have taken you DOWN! Lol

NateE Moderate Republican
10/28/13 8:51 pm

Haha trash talking zman? Lol. If you have any plans of taking me down you are going to need to pack a lunch fella

NateE Moderate Republican
10/28/13 9:08 pm

The only thing being brought in this meeting will be a firm ass-kicking lol Jk. I like you too much zman, id at least take it easy on you

LordLawrence Michigan
10/28/13 7:03 pm

Independents aren't a party they are just a group that don't agree with any party or just don't want to join one. So how could we have a party leader that could represent all of use when we all have different views?

zdl2442 Right Here
10/28/13 7:10 pm

In Virtual Congress independent is a party.

veritas1 Panda
10/28/13 6:03 pm

I'd like to be party leader.

zman117 Ohio
10/29/13 5:09 pm

Did you see at the top how you have to contact him? He is just wanting to make sure everybody gets on board.

veritas1 Panda
10/29/13 6:47 pm

Yep. I messaged him on Skype. This should be fun.

zman117 Ohio
10/29/13 7:00 pm

Yes it no doubt will. Add me on there when you get a chance. zman117, exact same as on here.

zdl2442 Right Here
10/28/13 3:58 pm

I think I would be the right man for the job. I agree with both democrats and republicans and am willing to work with them. I fight for my opinion but am flexible. So vote ZDL!

nightcrow44 the dark side
10/28/13 3:42 pm

Vote for me I hate both parties and will do my best to have the independent votes heard

osouless Whats Next
10/28/13 3:46 pm

Hate is why the real Congress is plagued by gridlock.

nightcrow44 the dark side
10/28/13 3:47 pm

Hate can lead to better change in congress stupidity is what the real congress is about

osouless Whats Next
10/28/13 3:51 pm

This sort of cynicism isn't what the independent party is about. We want non-partisan/bi-partisan change, not one party control.

nightcrow44 the dark side
10/28/13 4:22 pm

That us what I am about dint worry dude you can have the pretend "job" if it means that much to you just don't take up things about me I never said that dude

nickoftime in my TARDIS
10/28/13 3:23 pm

By voting for Nickoftime, you vote for the voice of the young, of change. But within that change is a strong base in reason. We must not stand idly by and let Virtual Washington be defined by the Democrats and Republicans. VOTE NICKOFTIME!

nickoftime in my TARDIS
10/28/13 4:12 pm

Another reason to vote nickoftime: free cookies at campaign headquarters!

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
10/28/13 3:05 pm

As an independent President I have strived to create a less partisan divided congress, I will be looking for a party leader to do the same

osouless Whats Next
10/28/13 3:03 pm

I will be able to bring both sides of the aisle together and work towards making ours a respected and legitimate (irony) power base. For our virtual congress, we can finally make the changes we've wanted to be made. UPVOTE!!

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/28/13 3:12 pm

I found your "UPVOTE" exhortation quite encouraging ;) Same question for you: can you talk briefly about some of the most pressing issues for independents and how you'd guide the independent caucus on those issues?

osouless Whats Next
10/28/13 3:41 pm

Of pressing concern are these few issues. Gay rights being the hot button topic in the social realm deserves a serious discussion. In the fiscal realm, the run-away deficit is a serious problem and also deserves the same discussion. Like my original

nightcrow44 the dark side
10/28/13 5:12 pm

Yeah I would vote for him he's a cut neck politician what we need in our pretend congress please a dose of reality

zman117 Ohio
10/29/13 4:09 pm

osouless, congrats, I don't know if you saw but you need to comment at the top of this page to confirm yourself.

osouless Whats Next
10/29/13 4:25 pm

Thanks Z!

10/30/13 5:27 pm

Osouless, you must confirm your position by sending me a Skype message to user name a-fly-pa

osouless Whats Next
10/30/13 5:28 pm

I thought i did! I'll hop on in a minute and try again.

10/30/13 5:31 pm

I'm sorry, I don't think it went through.

osouless Whats Next
10/30/13 5:43 pm

I'll send it in the next ten minutes. If it fails ill just give u my skype name

gd21 Massachusetts
10/28/13 2:52 pm

As someone who agrees with republicans and democrats on different points, I believe the independent party has the ability to make real, significant chance in America. Voting for myself will send a reasonable and clear voice to the head of our party.

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/28/13 3:03 pm

Can you talk a little bit about some of the issues you think are most pressing and that independents should be most focused on for this session of Congress?

gd21 Massachusetts
10/28/13 3:13 pm

I would focus on social change, such as gay rights and equible treatment. Likewise, economic issues are a must. The government shutdown was irresponsible on both parties.

gd21 Massachusetts
10/28/13 3:14 pm

(2)It is our duty as independents to stay free of party obligations, and freely fix the economy by careful spending, and revenue building through trade, and various taxes and fees that affect all equitibly. All

gd21 Massachusetts
10/28/13 3:14 pm

(3)Americans have the duty to pay for our country, and we should be responsible for such.

10/30/13 5:46 pm

Gd21, you have been elected to be the Independent Deputy Whip. Please confirm your position by sending me a Skype message to user name a-fly-pa.

10/28/13 2:46 pm

If you would like to be Your party's leader, leave a comment here explaining why you should be your party's leader. The comment with the most likes will be the Independent Party Leader. The comment with the 2nd most likes will be the the Party's Whip

10/28/13 2:47 pm

or second in command leader. The comment with the third most likes will be the Independent Deputy Whip, or third in command leader.

10/28/13 2:47 pm

ATTENTION: Those who run should have a Google+ account and should be ready to meet with other Virtual Government/Congress officials via video chat/Google hangout for Congressional meetings as often as once a week (always on weekends)

willstanczy
10/28/13 2:39 pm

I'm gonna turn the independents into the most amazing party ever. We will put America back on a fiscal track of stability! End the wasteful spending and party games. First step, completely revamp and defund most of the ACA

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/28/13 2:52 pm

Hahaha this is why I said in the other poll that maybe we should break independents into groups. You have liberal independents and conservative independents. Oh well, this'll be a weird caucus at least ;-)

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
10/28/13 3:03 pm

I was hoping to start my own moderate party but that would be pretty hard haha

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/28/13 3:13 pm

I wonder if our diversity means we're more like Skittles/M&Ms or just a big mangled brownish splotch. Maybe we shouldn't mix ourselves up TOO much ;)

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
10/28/13 2:38 pm

As President I won't enter this election but will be monitoring what is going on

10/28/13 2:36 pm

If you would like to be Your party's leader, leave a comment here explaining why you should be your party's leader. The comment with the most likes will be the Republican Party Leader. The comment with the 2nd most likes will be the the Party's Whip,

10/28/13 2:37 pm

or second in command leader. The comment with the third most likes will be the Republican Deputy Whip, or third in command leader.

10/28/13 2:37 pm

10/28/13 2:45 pm

DISREGARD THESE COMMENTS AS INVALID DUE TO ERRORS OF THE PARTY IN QUESTION. THESE COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CORRECTED AND REPLACED WITH NEW COMMENTS TO SHOW THAT THIS POLL IS FOR INDEPENDENTS, NOT REPUBLICANS AS PREVIOUSLY STATED.

osouless Whats Next
10/28/13 3:44 pm

Hey speaker, can u send me ur skype name so i can add you? Or ur google+? I have both